Obama uses grieving parents to promote gun legislation

Yanno..............people got along perfectly fine without assault rifles, all the way up until 2005 when the Assault Weapons ban was allowed to expire.

and since it has expired, crime, violent crime and homicide rates have continued to drop. looks like assault weapons aren't a problem at all

Yanno..............people got along perfectly fine without assault rifles, all the way up until 2005 when the Assault Weapons ban was allowed to expire.

and since it has expired, crime, violent crime and homicide rates have continued to drop. looks like assault weapons aren't a problem at all

we have always had "assault weapons" even during the AWB

between those grandfathered in

and those which had to lose some evil looking part

yet they remained

MADD is also not banning automobiles.

or requiring background checks to buy a car. or sell one

Are you people THAT retarded? SO, with no background checks, ANYONE could legally buy a gun. Is THAT what you morons are fighting for? I know the gun manufacturers want no restrictions on gun sale$$$. But you folks are really ignorant.

You don't think it would be appropriate to require a background check for people buying cars. If it would keep an automobile out of the hands of just one DUI offender, especially one who had killed another?

Those grieving parents are not speaking out 'to score political points'. They are not speaking out for the President of the United States. They are speaking out for their beloved child that was brutally murdered. They are speaking out with the hope that their child's brief life can have some long term meaning. They are speaking out with the hope that their voice can lead to common sense laws so other parents never have to experience the grief they are burdened with.

You folks have ZERO compassion, ZERO understanding of human nature, and ZERO intelligence.

They have the right to make their demands, but their demands don't stand up in face of the Constitution. This would be the same as the parent of child who was killed by a drunk driver demanding cars and alcohol be banned.

Are they demanding that guns be banned?

Perhaps the parents of victims are not personally or specifically lobbying to ban guns, but the politicians (including obama) who are parading the grieving parents like trained circus animals most definitely are pushing to ban guns.

Are you people THAT retarded? SO, with no background checks, ANYONE could legally buy a gun. Is THAT what you morons are fighting for? I know the gun manufacturers want no restrictions on gun sale$$$. But you folks are really ignorant.

You don't think it would be appropriate to require a background check for people buying cars. If it would keep an automobile out of the hands of just one DUI offender, especially one who had killed another?

dui offender

had cars been banned and his mom not allowed to own one

lanza would not have had a way to haul those guns

to the school

dui offender

to the school

Maybe that's why we should consider tighter controls on automobile ownership. Maybe we should consider limiting car ownership to only those households or families not known to harbor a mentally defective person. After all, nutballs might misuse an automobile to harm others.

They have the right to make their demands, but their demands don't stand up in face of the Constitution. This would be the same as the parent of child who was killed by a drunk driver demanding cars and alcohol be banned.

Perhaps the parents of victims are not personally or specifically lobbying to ban guns, but the politicians (including obama) who are parading the grieving parents like trained circus animals most definitely are pushing to ban guns.

I thought they were pushing for background checks.

O'Shroom above was suggesting that the parents had no right to speak out.

dui offender

to the school

Maybe that's why we should consider tighter controls on automobile ownership. Maybe we should consider limiting car ownership to only those households or families not known to harbor a mentally defective person. After all, nutballs might misuse an automobile to harm others.

exactly we already seen it happen

they had been

but it looks like gun control in the Senate might be all but dead.

From CNN,
A compromise proposal to expand background checks on gun sales lacks enough support to win Senate approval now, which will likely delay a vote on the measure that has strong public support, one of the sponsors told CNN on Monday.

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-West Virginia, acknowledged the vote on the amendment he worked out with Republican Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania was being pushed back to try to build more support.

Asked if the vote would take place Tuesday or Wednesday, as supporters had hoped, Manchin said he didn’t think so.
“I would say by the end of the week, probably,” he added.

The proposed replacement bill, being submitted as an amendment to the original bill, was thought to be the best chance for Congress to get some sort of gun control passed.

Senate gun law proposal lacks enough support now - CNN.com

You are either unable to read and comprehend the English language or you are a liar.

Which is it?

One of the reasons that some legislation is pushed so hard, so fast, is that given a modicum of time to consider reality, most Americans come to their senses and some even contact their representatives to express their opinions.

You are either unable to read and comprehend the English language or you are a liar.

Which is it?

If they're my only two choices I'm not sure which one to go for.
You tell me.
While I am sorry for their losses, they don't have any more right to demand my guns than they would demanding alcohol and cars being banned if their kids had been killed by a drunk driver.

Last edited:

Which is it?

If they're my only two choices I'm not sure which one to go for.
You tell me.
While I am sorry for their losses, they don't have any more right to demand my guns than they would demanding alcohol and cars being banned if their kids had been killed by a drunk driver.

Yea, how dare those parents believe their loss can lead to something that will help others. They should speak out for the NRA and gun manufacturer's rights to make money off of death and destruction. They should help the NRA protect criminals from having to buy guns illegally. They are so UN American.

and you're an idiot the only people who don't prosecute criminals is Eric Holder's and his justice dept. they don't even enforce the laws we already have and they sends guns to Mexico which have been used to kill 100s of people where's the outrage from you left wing hacks ...These people are being used by that pathetic piece of shit Obama

Don't let the facts dent your right wing parrot squawk...

Investigation finds no evidence AG Eric Holder knew of 'Fast and Furious' gun-running sting

A long-awaited report on the U.S. government’s controversial gun-trafficking operation known as “Fast and Furious” released Wednesday found no evidence that Attorney General Eric Holder knew of the botched effort to trace the flow of guns to Mexico’s drug cartels prior to its public unraveling in January 2011.

The report by the Justice Department’s Inspector General Michael Horowitz said there is "no evidence that ... Holder was informed about Operation Fast and Furious, or learned about the tactics employed by ATF in the investigation" before Congress began pressing him for information about it in early 2011.

Umm....Yeah ok as long a "justice dept. official says so" and if he did know he should be fired for incompetence

So we can agree gun requirements should be the same as driving and owning a car. Registration, liability insurance, learner's permit, passing a safe and competent operations test, yearly inspections, renewal of license, loss of license for operating under the influence.

Are you people THAT retarded? SO, with no background checks, ANYONE could legally buy a gun.
This is a lie - background checks or not, it is still illegal for felons, etc to buy a gun.

But you folks are really ignorant.
:lol:
As the desert said to the grain of sand
:lol:

OH, so we can trust felons to not break the law. Retard would be an upgrade for you...:cuckoo:

and you're an idiot the only people who don't prosecute criminals is Eric Holder's and his justice dept. they don't even enforce the laws we already have and they sends guns to Mexico which have been used to kill 100s of people where's the outrage from you left wing hacks ...These people are being used by that pathetic piece of shit Obama

Don't let the facts dent your right wing parrot squawk...

Investigation finds no evidence AG Eric Holder knew of 'Fast and Furious' gun-running sting

A long-awaited report on the U.S. government’s controversial gun-trafficking operation known as “Fast and Furious” released Wednesday found no evidence that Attorney General Eric Holder knew of the botched effort to trace the flow of guns to Mexico’s drug cartels prior to its public unraveling in January 2011.

The report by the Justice Department’s Inspector General Michael Horowitz said there is "no evidence that ... Holder was informed about Operation Fast and Furious, or learned about the tactics employed by ATF in the investigation" before Congress began pressing him for information about it in early 2011.

Umm....Yeah ok as long a "justice dept. official says so" and if he did know he should be fired for incompetence

Did this "gun walking" begin when Obama was elected?

Some of these parents are undoubtedly in a state of depression, and Obama uses them to promote his new gun legislation…. Obama is scum:evil:

That's like saying that we use murder victims to promote murder laws. Of course they are being "used" as you put it. Its tragedies like this that the legislation hopes to lower to incidence of you dimwit.

Forum List

Back