Obama uses grieving parents to promote gun legislation

Obama uses victims as examples to prevent this thing from happening again.

Because with the OP's logic, fuck who you are and what you have to endure. *MY* extremely lax gun rights are at stake! I will have to deal with REGULATION!

Loonies and Psychos should be given guns and nobody should do anything about it.

Adam Lanza killed his mother to get her guns and then killed others.

Gee whiz he broke how many laws?

Make another law, but you cannot legislate fucking crazy you idiot.

His mother neglected the responsibility of securing the gun, especially with her mentally ill son. Not did she pay for her neglect with her life, but the lives of many children were taken, too. Imagine the mothers, fathers, and families devastated by such a thing when their kid was at school, learning and paving the way towards their future. All because of 1 gun owner's neglect.

And you can't see that a law will not stop that same thing from happening again?

Lanza's mother even with so called universal background checks would not have been denied the right to purchase a weapon.

As I have said over and over a double set of steel doors would have prevented the incident at the school. A new law won't.

His mother neglected the responsibility of securing the gun, especially with her mentally ill son. Not did she pay for her neglect with her life, but the lives of many children were taken, too. Imagine the mothers, fathers, and families devastated by such a thing when their kid was at school, learning and paving the way towards their future. All because of 1 gun owner's neglect.

And you can't see that a law will not stop that same thing from happening again?

Lanza's mother even with so called universal background checks would not have been denied the right to purchase a weapon.

As I have said over and over a double set of steel doors would have prevented the incident at the school. A new law won't.

This argument is getting old. It is defective, just like your brain. People speed, so why post speed limit signs? Minors drink, so why have a minimum drinking age? People drink and drive, so why have DWI laws?

This argument is getting old. It is defective, just like your brain. People speed, so why post speed limit signs? Minors drink, so why have a minimum drinking age? People drink and drive, so why have DWI laws?

So how would Mrs. Lanza been stopped from buying weapons?

She obviously passed all the background checks to get a pistol permit in CT. BTW those checks are very comprehensive. I know from experience.

No law proposed would have stopped her from buying weapons.

Don't you think she owes it to her dead son to speak out? Think of where we all would be if Jesus had kept silence. Damned if you do speak out and damned if you don't speak out. The Right is never wrong.

To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men.

Abraham Lincoln

Silence in the face of Injustice is a Crime

By Fahmi Howeidi

Why was our Muslim World absent in such an bewildering manner?
Why was not its voice heard or actions seen in protest and anger?

http://www.radioislam.org/Houidi/why-eng.htm

Last edited:

Aside from the insult..to a poster, who've I've rarely seen insult anyone, I agree here.

She obviously passed all the background checks to get a pistol permit in CT. BTW those checks are very comprehensive. I know from experience.

Hello? Is anybody home??

So why the opposition?

By the way, I don't see any part of this passing through congress in it's current configuration.

But this will effectively sink the Republican party in 2014. Especially if something similar to this massacre happens again, which is pretty likely.

I stand with Francine Wheeler, a courageous mother whose pain will never go away. Here is what she said:
beOokZd.png

Weekly Address: Sandy Hook Victim’s Mother Calls for Commonsense Gun Responsibility Reforms

Remarks of Francine Wheeler
The President’s Weekly Address​

Hi. As you’ve probably noticed, I’m not the President. I’m just a citizen. And as a citizen, I’m here at the White House today because I want to make a difference and I hope you will join me.

My name is Francine Wheeler. My husband David is with me. We live in Sandy Hook, Connecticut.

David and I have two sons. Our older son Nate, soon to be 10 years old, is a fourth grader at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Our younger son, Ben, age six, was murdered in his first-grade classroom on December 14th, exactly 4 months ago this weekend.

David and I lost our beloved son, but Nate lost his best friend. On what turned out to be the last morning of his life, Ben told me, quite out of the blue, “ I still want to be an architect, Mama, but I also want to be a paleontologist, because that’s what Nate is going to be and I want to do everything Nate does.”

Ben’s love of fun and his excitement at the wonders of life were unmatched His boundless energy kept him running across the soccer field long after the game was over. He couldn’t wait to get to school every morning. He sang with perfect pitch and had just played at his third piano recital. Irrepressibly bright and spirited, Ben experienced life at full tilt.

Until that morning. 20 of our children, and 6 of our educators – gone. Out of the blue.

I’ve heard people say that the tidal wave of anguish our country felt on 12/14 has receded. But not for us. To us, it feels as if it happened just yesterday. And in the four months since we lost our loved ones, thousands of other Americans have died at the end of a gun. Thousands of other families across the United States are also drowning in our grief.

Please help us do something before our tragedy becomes your tragedy.

Sometimes, I close my eyes and all I can remember is that awful day waiting at the Sandy Hook Volunteer Firehouse for the boy who would never come home – the same firehouse that was home to Ben’s Tiger Scout Den 6. But other times, I feel Ben’s presence filling me with courage for what I have to do – for him and all the others taken from us so violently and too soon.

We have to convince the Senate to come together and pass commonsense gun responsibility reforms that will make our communities safer and prevent more tragedies like the one we never thought would happen to us.

When I packed for Washington on Monday, it looked like the Senate might not act at all. Then, after the President spoke in Hartford, and a dozen of us met with Senators to share our stories, more than two-thirds of the Senate voted to move forward.

But that’s only the start. They haven’t yet passed any bills that will help keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people. And a lot of people are fighting to make sure they never do.

Now is the time to act. Please join us. You can talk to your Senator, too. Or visit WhiteHouse.gov to find out how you can join the President and get involved.

Help this be the moment when real change begins. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Weekly Address: Sandy Hook Victim's Mother Calls for Commonsense Gun Responsibility Reforms | The White House

you would stand with anyone who wants to piss on the rest of us...
sorry for her loss but she doesn't get to speak FOR THE REST OF US

So why the opposition?

yeah why would anyone oppose wasting more time and money on something that won't work? After all it's just our tax dollars at waste yet again.

By the way, I don't see any part of this passing through congress in it's current configuration.

But this will effectively sink the Republican party in 2014. Especially if something similar to this massacre happens again, which is pretty likely.

I really don't give a shit about the republican party.

Hello? Is anybody home??

Answer the question.

So you are but one massacre away from what you can't pass now after 20 dead 1st graders ?

Fingers crossed right ?

Some of these parents are undoubtedly in a state of depression, and Obama uses them to promote his new gun legislation…. Obama is scum:evil:

Mother Of Slain Newtown Boy Gives White House Weekly Address

This woman is in a state of depression because a crazy person was able to get a military grade weapon, storm her child school, and kill him, 19 other preschoolers and six teachers.

Fuck, that depresses me, and I didn't even lose anyone.

The question is, why do you think Adam Lanza should have a gun?

Some of these parents are undoubtedly in a state of depression, and Obama uses them to promote his new gun legislation…. Obama is scum:evil:

Mother Of Slain Newtown Boy Gives White House Weekly Address

This woman is in a state of depression because a crazy person was able to get a military grade weapon, storm her child school, and kill him, 19 other preschoolers and six teachers.

Fuck, that depresses me, and I didn't even lose anyone.

The question is, why do you think Adam Lanza should have a gun?

It was NOT a military grade weapon. It was a semiautomatic .223 rifle.

So you are but one massacre away from what you can't pass now after 20 dead 1st graders ?

Fingers crossed right ?

No, you see, if the REpublicans kill this bill, they will OWN the next tragedy. Because Obama will be able to stand in a crowd of greiving parents and say, "This would not have happened had the Republicans not blocked background checks!"

Which is why you see so many of them scrambling to get behind something right now.

Fingers crossed right ?

No, you see, if the REpublicans kill this bill, they will OWN the next tragedy. Because Obama will be able to stand in a crowd of greiving parents and say, "This would not have happened had the Republicans not blocked background checks!"

Which is why you see so many of them scrambling to get behind something right now.

How will this bill stop someone from stealing weapons and using them to kill someone?

Except in the case of Loughner, Lanza, Nadal, the Columbine whacks...great work.

“Silence of injustice is complicity in crime.”

Shame on any one who have not spoke out.Bill Ayers spoke out against Vietnam atrocities loud and clear. IF we had protest against Iraq war we my have saved lives.. Blacks spoke in the civil right movement.

[

Sure you can.

You do a background check. You do what they did in California, where if someone is diagnosed with a mental disorder, you send the cops out to collect the guns in the household, no matter who owns them.

Of course, the fact Nancy "needed" 16 guns kind of proves she was as nutty as her kid.

Forum List

Back