Obama uses grieving parents to promote gun legislation

Adam Lanza didn't buy the guns he used so how would a background check have stopped him?

It would have stopped his mother from buying them, because she had a mentally ill person in the home.

Let's not forget, she was already taking the steps to having him committed. That's what set him off.

so now according to you fascist she would of had to suffer because of her son...so much for compassion for the mentally ill from you people flew right out your butts
you amaze me with the police state you wish to bring down on us

"Compassion" for the mentally ill got a boat load of kids shot in the face.

My "compassion" for the mentally ill stops at arming them with military assault weapons.

Oh so you mean registration, not background check.

Even if Mrs. Lanza had to register her guns, nothing would have stopped Adam Lanza from killing her and taking her guns.

Actually, what would have happened- what should have happened, is that the minute she moved to have her son committed to a mental institution, the Sheriff should have come around to collect all her guns. Period.

To me, it is inconceivable that when you get someone who was so deranged his own mother wanted to lock him up, but they let guns remain in the household.

So you want all law enforcement offices tied into every doctor's office and to receive daily downloads of all medical files?

It would have stopped his mother from buying them, because she had a mentally ill person in the home.

Let's not forget, she was already taking the steps to having him committed. That's what set him off.

How would that show up on a background check?

You run the address. The address pops "Crazy Person in Home!"

No it doesn't unless you want to add confidential medical files to the check.

so now according to you fascist she would of had to suffer because of her son...so much for compassion for the mentally ill from you people flew right out your butts

My "compassion" for the mentally ill stops at arming them with military assault weapons.

face it, you liberals don't have compassion..you only have emotions to live on and then want the rest of us to live with them

It wasn't a military weapon so please stop the hyperbole.

[

So you want all law enforcement offices tied into every doctor's office and to receive daily downloads of all medical files?

WOrks for me.

Why do you want crazy people to have access to guns, that's the better question?

I think the main reason why the gun nuts don't want a mental competency standard is because most of them couldn't pass a reasonable one.

A five minute conversation with a USMB gun nut usually demonstrates that.

[

WOrks for me.

Why do you want crazy people to have access to guns, that's the better question?

I think the main reason why the gun nuts don't want a mental competency standard is because most of them couldn't pass a reasonable one.

A five minute conversation with a USMB gun nut usually demonstrates that.

and i suppose you think you could pass one..
just look at your postings on this board...they would say lock him up and throw away the key

[

WOrks for me.

Where did I say I want that?

What you want is a world with no privacy with the government shining a flashlight up your ass 24/7

Even if Mrs. Lanza had to register her guns, nothing would have stopped Adam Lanza from killing her and taking her guns.

Actually, what would have happened- what should have happened, is that the minute she moved to have her son committed to a mental institution, the Sheriff should have come around to collect all her guns. Period.

To me, it is inconceivable that when you get someone who was so deranged his own mother wanted to lock him up, but they let guns remain in the household.

Gunshot and knife wounds are flagged.

It's not entirely "confidential".

When I got stabbed, 2 officers immediately were asking questions. They also were nice enough to hold me down while I got stitched up with no anesthesia (which hurt far worse then the actual stabbing).

Republicans tell grieving parents......too fucking bad, we won't do anything about it

Let's bomb more children with drone strikes. Thats what most of you are really saying. We are not banning drones. What's wrong with your people? Your killers deep down.

[

WOrks for me.

What you want is a world with no privacy with the government shining a flashlight up your ass 24/7

I don't worry about that because I'm not a paranoid loon.

Frankly, there's so much information out there in the public domain about us, it's not like we have any real privacy.

I think making sure crazy people can't get their hands on guns is a pretty sensible precaution.

Or maybe we should just take guns out of the hands of ALL private citizens. That would work, too.

I'm down for either, but I'm willing to meet you guys halfway.

Gunshot and knife wounds are flagged.

It's not entirely "confidential".

When I got stabbed, 2 officers immediately were asking questions. They also were nice enough to hold me down while I got stitched up with no anesthesia (which hurt far worse then the actual stabbing).

So you want the local cops to know every time you or someone in your family goes to the doctor as they can monitor your mental health so as to raid your home if they deem necessary?

It wasn't a military weapon so please stop the hyperbole.

What kind of weapon is it?

This is one if the things that really puzzles me. The desire by nutters to dive into the minutiae of weapons classifications. You can deny that it is a military weapon until the cows come home....but you cannot pretend that it is not designed to fire a lots of lethal projectiles really fast. The only reason it exists is to kill many people ( or in fantasy land, animals ) in a short amount of time. Killing a lot of people in a short mount of time is what is done in military combat....and should not be done under any other circumstances.

Lets be realistic.

WOrks for me.

I don't worry about that because I'm not a paranoid loon.

Frankly, there's so much information out there in the public domain about us, it's not like we have any real privacy.

I think making sure crazy people can't get their hands on guns is a pretty sensible precaution.

Or maybe we should just take guns out of the hands of ALL private citizens. That would work, too.

I'm down for either, but I'm willing to meet you guys halfway.

And the control freak rears his ugly head yet again.

[

and i suppose you think you could pass one..
just look at your postings on this board...they would say lock him up and throw away the key

The Army trusted me with guns for 11 years... so no, probably not.

But that's okay, Staphinfection, you keep screaming at people. It's not like you ever add anything to a conversation.

[

And the control freak rears his ugly head yet again.

There is no NEED for a private citizen to own a gun. Certainly not a military grade one.

If you WANT to own a gun, the rest of us deserve reasonable assurances that you aren't going to do something crazy with it.

It's called, "Living in a civilized society".

Forum List

Back