Obama uses grieving parents to promote gun legislation

[

Adam Lanza killed his mother to get her guns and then killed others.

Gee whiz he broke how many laws?

Make another law, but you cannot legislate fucking crazy you idiot.

Sure you can.

You do a background check. You do what they did in California, where if someone is diagnosed with a mental disorder, you send the cops out to collect the guns in the household, no matter who owns them.

Of course, the fact Nancy "needed" 16 guns kind of proves she was as nutty as her kid.

Adam Lanza didn't buy the guns he used so how would a background check have stopped him?

Sure you can.

You do a background check. You do what they did in California, where if someone is diagnosed with a mental disorder, you send the cops out to collect the guns in the household, no matter who owns them.

Oh so you mean registration, not background check.

[

Adam Lanza killed his mother to get her guns and then killed others.

Gee whiz he broke how many laws?

Make another law, but you cannot legislate fucking crazy you idiot.

Sure you can.

Of course, the fact Nancy "needed" 16 guns kind of proves she was as nutty as her kid.

Adam Lanza didn't buy the guns he used so how would a background check have stopped him?

It would have stopped his mother from buying them, because she had a mentally ill person in the home.

Let's not forget, she was already taking the steps to having him committed. That's what set him off.

Sure you can.

Even if Mrs. Lanza had to register her guns, nothing would have stopped Adam Lanza from killing her and taking her guns.

Sure you can.

It would have stopped his mother from buying them, because she had a mentally ill person in the home.

Let's not forget, she was already taking the steps to having him committed. That's what set him off.

How would that show up on a background check?

Sure you can.

Yup, that, too.

I'd also be for STRICT Licensing, insurance, and holding gun makers and sellers civally responsible when one of their products they sold to the wrong person kills people.

Sure you can.

Even if Mrs. Lanza had to register her guns, nothing would have stopped Adam Lanza from killing her and taking her guns.

Actually, what would have happened- what should have happened, is that the minute she moved to have her son committed to a mental institution, the Sheriff should have come around to collect all her guns. Period.

To me, it is inconceivable that when you get someone who was so deranged his own mother wanted to lock him up, but they let guns remain in the household.

How would that show up on a background check?

You run the address. The address pops "Crazy Person in Home!"

Sure you can.

so now according to you fascist she would of had to suffer because of her son...so much for compassion for the mentally ill from you people flew right out your butts

you amaze me with the police state you wish to bring down on us

So the background check will reveal the health status of the residents of the same domicile as the purchaser ?

Last edited:

so now according to you fascist she would of had to suffer because of her son...so much for compassion for the mentally ill from you people flew right out your butts

Oh, she was going to SUFFER by not having guns in the home.

it seemed she suffered HAVING guns in the home... you know, like when her crazy kid shot her in the brainpan when she was having breakfast.

"Oh, however shall I live without my guns. How can I repell the Zombie Apocolypse".

Sorry, I don't want to be worried my kids are going to be shot at school because this woman couldn't keep her crazy kid under control.

So we are starting a national crazy person lives here database ?

Why not? This is the INFORMATON AGE. If every bank knows exactly how much I owe on my credit cards and my employers for the last 30 years, we should make it easy to track which houses have batshit crazy people and guns in them.

Seriously.

Oh, she was going to SUFFER by not having guns in the home.

it seemed she suffered HAVING guns in the home... you know, like when her crazy kid shot her in the brainpan when she was having breakfast.

"Oh, however shall I live without my guns. How can I repell the Zombie Apocolypse".

Sorry, I don't want to be worried my kids are going to be shot at school because this woman couldn't keep her crazy kid under control.

man you are wigged out..go move to another country you are so worried about the nuts in this one

Why not? This is the INFORMATON AGE. If every bank knows exactly how much I owe on my credit cards and my employers for the last 30 years, we should make it easy to track which houses have batshit crazy people and guns in them.

Seriously.

We have it its called NICS and if you are adjudicated mentally incompetent....you go in the database.

Nutters like to keep things simple, right?

Here is a simple question.

If it is easier for any person to obtain automatic or semi-automatic weapons....it more likely or less likely that a nut wil have access to one on the day he goes batshit crazy?

That is all we are discussing. Making it more difficult......even incrementally.....for a nut to get hold of things that are designed to kill lots of people really fast.

Seriously.

We have it its called NICS and if you are adjudicated mentally incompetent....you go in the database.

Then it isn't thorough enough.

That's the thing you don't get.

When someone kicks in your front door and takes you big screen, you don't say, "Welp, I had a door, it wasn't good enough. Let's get the same kind of door and a new Big Screen!"

No, you get a better door! You get an alarm system.

Same thing here. NICS was inadequate to prevent Newtown.

We need a better system. Period. We just don't say, "Oh, well, I guess we have to live with it."

Or at least sensible people don't. You gun nuts are out there saying, "Shit, I got to fill out extra forms and wait a couple days! You are totally violating my rights."

[

man you are wigged out..go move to another country you are so worried about the nuts in this one

Again, the idea is to fix this country. You gun nuts and bible nuts find another country that will take you. We won the election.

But you still dont have the votes.

No, actually, we do. Why do you think the OP was shitting himself over the mother of a Newtown mom getting the president's radio address.

Forum List

Back