Obama ... We Need to Overcome Our Religious Convictions?

There are many hard right social con Christians with mistaken beliefs, yes. They would best MTOB.
So basically "go in the closet"? Religious freedom isn't restricted to the inside of a Church, or the basement of your house.
No wonder the adults tell you to shush. You can work against civil rights if you want, and you will be treated accordingly. Better you MYOB. Besides you are not Christian at all.

I never said I was. I am a lapses Catholic at best.

And the fact is at this point YOUR side is working against Civil rights, the rights of people to practice their religion as they see fit.

YOUR side is the bully now.
I have seen no edicts promoting the cessation of all religious activities....

Argumentum ad absurdum.
Can you prove that gheys getting married will be the demise of organized religion? Or that it will in any way hinder the practice of a religion?

So basically "go in the closet"? Religious freedom isn't restricted to the inside of a Church, or the basement of your house.
No wonder the adults tell you to shush. You can work against civil rights if you want, and you will be treated accordingly. Better you MYOB. Besides you are not Christian at all.

I never said I was. I am a lapses Catholic at best.

And the fact is at this point YOUR side is working against Civil rights, the rights of people to practice their religion as they see fit.

YOUR side is the bully now.
I have seen no edicts promoting the cessation of all religious activities....

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Moonglow did not offer an argument, thus your effort to suggest you have a knowledge of informal logic is busted.
It was just a derisive attempt at robotic redundancy...

THE LAST frikken thing I Elect a thug/man as President for is to stand there AND LECTURE AND THREATEN me

He can go to hell

Yeah, it's not like I take the big eared disaster serious

he makes me sick. more every day. Just looking at him does it now

I have to laugh at our five year old daughter, Ears will be on TV and she'll go "blah, blah, blah"

lol, I love that story. she isn't the only one. Millions of adults has been reduced to five year olds. the man has become nothing more than a walking spewing pie hole. no one takes him serious anymore. well, maybe a few die hard cult members still do

Christians want people to follow their lead because it's good for everyone. Here and eternally
Liberals just want it "man's way" - which is doomed to failure.

It's just that simple.
Incorrect, as there are liberal christians, in fact Christianity is a liberal religion as it democratizes religion and the user the ability of having a relationship with God or Jesus without a middle man....

Speaking in the Rose Garden shortly after the Supreme Court decision on same-sex marriage was announced, Obama stated that the progressives in society needs to ‘help’ those with deeply held religious beliefs overcome their convictions.

I did not listen to the speech, but have seen this here and there on the internet. Although, not on any of the major news agencies/papers (CNN,FOX, Washington Post, NY Times etc.)

What are your thoughts on his statement above? Is it misquoted?

Here's what I found:

Speaking in the Rose Garden shortly after the Supreme Court decision on same-sex marriage was announced, Obama stated that the progressives in society needs to ‘help’ those with deeply held religious beliefs overcome their convictions.

NO Quote Marks ^^^

“Opposition in some cases has been based on sincere and deeply held beliefs,” Obama said. “All of us who welcome today’snews should be mindful of that fact. Recognize different viewpoints. Revere our deep commitment to religious freedom.”

Quoted remarks ^^^

I'll let others search the Internet, for me this thread is busted.

I did not listen to the speech, but have seen this here and there on the internet. Although, not on any of the major news agencies/papers (CNN,FOX, Washington Post, NY Times etc.)

What are your thoughts on his statement above? Is it misquoted?

Here's what I found:

NO Quote Marks ^^^

“Opposition in some cases has been based on sincere and deeply held beliefs,” Obama said. “All of us who welcome today’snews should be mindful of that fact. Recognize different viewpoints. Revere our deep commitment to religious freedom.”

Quoted remarks ^^^

I'll let others search the Internet, for me this thread is busted.

If you read the original post, I asked if it was a misquote... typical Liberal

It goes to prove one thing, that rights are not connected to religion in this nation,,thank God...

Oh yes, it's so much more comforting to follow Man's rules than God's rules.... not...
Since God did not fight in the revolution as a leader,, I'd agree....He did it for the Jews to help them slaughter tribes for their land occupation...

You know how I feel, God is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. I'm going with Him.
Good luck with your choice.
If he is so powerful why did he allow the Devil to win and exist?

The war is not over.
What ever..I guess you feel the need to control a tiny sector of the population with your ideology which is no better than a tyrant at hand..If you Christians could ever live by the good word, you would find happiness in yourself and stop trying to save the world you know is not savable to your enlightened despotic system....

TK is a big supporter of gay marriage. You can tell considering the fact that he has been bitching about it consistently since the court's ruling. You keep peddling this bullshit but nobody is buying it.

TK is a big supporter of gay marriage. You can tell considering the fact that he has been bitching about it consistently since the court's ruling. You keep peddling this bullshit but nobody is buying it.
He must be running for office...

Christians want people to follow their lead because it's good for everyone. Here and eternally
Liberals just want it "man's way" - which is doomed to failure.

It's just that simple.
Incorrect, as there are liberal christians, in fact Christianity is a liberal religion as it democratizes religion and the user the ability of having a relationship with God or Jesus without a middle man....

If they think homosexuality is NOT a sin, they are either misinformed or not a Christian.
Whatever movement is permeating our Government now (whatever label you want to put on it) is not Godly.
Only God knows your heart, so, honestly, only he can judge but when you start putting MAN above GOD, you are in trouble, and that is what is happening here. And, on top of that, they are twisting Biblical scripture to make it sound like GOD is ok with it also.

Has anyone on the right pointed out that the OP is incorrect or are they just running with it?

I actually ASKED if it was a mis-quote, and back at the beginning of the thread we acknowledged it.

I wouldn't argue with these people. that is what they are HERE FOR. to derail a thread. Especially a thread on their DEAR leader

True Christians are liberal in every sense of the good of the word to their fellow man. They leave judging to God. They permit free agency to all. Believe as you wish and honor the law. The law recognizes Marriage Equality.

When you start putting Bonzi above her fellow man's rights, God is not there.

Forum List

Back