Obama ... We Need to Overcome Our Religious Convictions?

Obama thinks all of you should still be getting in PEOPLES faces. what a LEADER eh?

I hope a few of you do and end up with fat noses...lol

You are aware that a simple search on the internet usually provides the rest of the story, right?

That clip is from Obama's election campaign and he was talking about telling your friends and neighbors that are against him about where he stands on the issues so that they'll vote for him. It was posted on youtube 6 years ago.

Has anyone on the right pointed out that the OP is incorrect or are they just running with it?

I actually ASKED if it was a mis-quote, and back at the beginning of the thread we acknowledged it.

I wouldn't argue with these people. that is what they are HERE FOR. to derail a thread. Especially a thread on their DEAR leader

You see it everyday on here. That and they keep agitating people so they can report them.

Christians want people to follow their lead because it's good for everyone. Here and eternally
Liberals just want it "man's way" - which is doomed to failure.

It's just that simple.
Incorrect, as there are liberal christians, in fact Christianity is a liberal religion as it democratizes religion and the user the ability of having a relationship with God or Jesus without a middle man....

If they think homosexuality is NOT a sin, they are either misinformed or not a Christian.
Whatever movement is permeating our Government now (whatever label you want to put on it) is not Godly.
Only God knows your heart, so, honestly, only he can judge but when you start putting MAN above GOD, you are in trouble, and that is what is happening here. And, on top of that, they are twisting Biblical scripture to make it sound like GOD is ok with it also.
Hate the sin, love the sinner...but do not throw stones unless you be without sin yourself....See what Jesus was saying?

Has anyone on the right pointed out that the OP is incorrect or are they just running with it?

I actually ASKED if it was a mis-quote, and back at the beginning of the thread we acknowledged it.

I wouldn't argue with these people. that is what they are HERE FOR. to derail a thread. Especially a thread on their DEAR leader

You see it everyday on here. That and they keep agitating people so they can report them.
Ha!..........................umph...

True Christians are liberal in every sense of the good of the word to their fellow man. They leave judging to God. They permit free agency to all. Believe as you wish and honor the law. The law recognizes Marriage Equality.

When you start putting Bonzi above her fellow man's rights, God is not there.

They (Christians) stand up for God - we are here to be a light and spread his Gospel (as was commanded by God/Jesus in the New Testament) - not sit on our hands and keep our mouths shut.

God's law is eternal, it's the only one I value. Man's laws can be wrong.

That last statement... wha? Whatever JS that's just silly.....

Obama thinks all of you should still be getting in PEOPLES faces. what a LEADER eh?

I hope a few of you do and end up with fat noses...lol

You are aware that a simple search on the internet usually provides the rest of the story, right?

That clip is from Obama's election campaign and he was talking about telling your friends and neighbors that are against him about where he stands on the issues so that they'll vote for him. It was posted on youtube 6 years ago.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooochit
sit down. I don't care what was about. He's still telling people to get in PEOPLES faces.

Remember the good old days when the hard far right posters on the Board set traps so they could report their opponents hoping to get them banned.

Until Stat showed the way how to break the rep back of the far right.

Most of that trash on the far right are gone now. Riddance to rubbish.

So basically "go in the closet"? Religious freedom isn't restricted to the inside of a Church, or the basement of your house.
No wonder the adults tell you to shush. You can work against civil rights if you want, and you will be treated accordingly. Better you MYOB. Besides you are not Christian at all.

I never said I was. I am a lapses Catholic at best.

And the fact is at this point YOUR side is working against Civil rights, the rights of people to practice their religion as they see fit.

YOUR side is the bully now.
I have seen no edicts promoting the cessation of all religious activities....

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Moonglow did not offer an argument, thus your effort to suggest you have a knowledge of informal logic is busted.

Wrong, he went to the extreme of "edicts" banning all religious activity as a defense for forcing people to choose between their morals and their livelyhood, i.e. he considers only total threats to religious action to be of a concern, hence argumentum ad absurdum.

Hate the sin, love the sinner...but do not throw stones unless you be without sin yourself....See what Jesus was saying?

He also said try to keep you brother from sinning. When Jesus spoke with prostitutes etc. he did not say "I love you, do what you want" - loving correction (like a parent) is sometimes necessary.

I want you to point out what I have said that is hateful?

So basically "go in the closet"? Religious freedom isn't restricted to the inside of a Church, or the basement of your house.
No wonder the adults tell you to shush. You can work against civil rights if you want, and you will be treated accordingly. Better you MYOB. Besides you are not Christian at all.

And the fact is at this point YOUR side is working against Civil rights, the rights of people to practice their religion as they see fit.

Argumentum ad absurdum.
Can you prove that gheys getting married will be the demise of organized religion? Or that it will in any way hinder the practice of a religion?

Again, argumentum ad absurdum, and it's already hindering it.

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Moonglow did not offer an argument, thus your effort to suggest you have a knowledge of informal logic is busted.

Wrong, he went to the extreme of "edicts" banning all religious activity as a defense for forcing people to choose between their morals and their livelyhood, i.e. he considers only total threats to religious action to be of a concern, hence argumentum ad absurdum.
So what restrictions on any religious activity in the US has occurred due to the gay marriage issue being settled?
Can you answer that or do you need to hide behind another Latin phrase?

It's not love to condone ungodly practices ....
Have you guys not ever heard of "tough love" - telling people things that they don't want to hear for THEIR BENEFIT? I'm not talking about FORCE, I'm talking about things spoken in LOVE and good will.

If I tell someone why they need Jesus and they say, look, I want to live my own life, I have heard about Jesus and no thanks, I'll go my own way, I'm not going to chase them down and badger them.

I will pray for them however.

Argumentum ad absurdum.
Can you prove that gheys getting married will be the demise of organized religion? Or that it will in any way hinder the practice of a religion?

Again, argumentum ad absurdum, and it's already hindering it.
You again fail to assert any direct relationship...

Gotta go, if I don't answer your post, it's cause I'm not here.

Have a good day everyone!

Yes, the moral folks of America are giving tough love to the far con right.

Forum List

Back