Obama ... We Need to Overcome Our Religious Convictions?

Letting government decide who to punish for their religious convictions is the problem.
So you had no problem with who was punished by the church and state before ??

Since when can Churches in the US "punish" people unless they are members of said church?

I have an issue with the government doing anything without a compelling reason AND constitutional authority.
It was done by peer pressure, now try to deny the thousands of years of church repression and censorship that was extolled by the church and the govt's that colluded with the church for control....

Nice goal post move there.. Creak Creak Creak.....

We are talking about the here an now, or do you admit that part of the progressive agenda on this is retribution?
No, it's called equality, something religions and it practitioners seeks to deny.....

Keep hiding behind equality, we all know its about punishing those who think differently than you.

There are many hard right social con Christians with mistaken beliefs, yes. They would best MTOB.
So basically "go in the closet"? Religious freedom isn't restricted to the inside of a Church, or the basement of your house.
No wonder the adults tell you to shush. You can work against civil rights if you want, and you will be treated accordingly. Better you MYOB. Besides you are not Christian at all.

I never said I was. I am a lapses Catholic at best.

And the fact is at this point YOUR side is working against Civil rights, the rights of people to practice their religion as they see fit.

YOUR side is the bully now.
I have seen no edicts promoting the cessation of all religious activities....

He's back pedaling because that in your face White House display angered about 75% of the country.

Where did you come up with that number?

Looks like one of those "82.3% of statistics on the internet are made up on the spot" numbers

It is very likely her numbers were pulled out of thin air. If she did read these numbers somewhere I would love to know where.
No links, they only get in the whey....

Apparently you two are letting your glaring inability to do research get "in the whey"

Poll Most Americans Say They re Christian - ABC News

All of those people that are Christian don't support gay marriage? Not hardly. Her comments were nothing more then a lame broad brush devoid of fact. Sweet article from 9 years ago though.

Has anyone on the right pointed out that the OP is incorrect or are they just running with it?

It goes to prove one thing, that rights are not connected to religion in this nation,,thank God...

Oh yes, it's so much more comforting to follow Man's rules than God's rules.... not...
Since God did not fight in the revolution as a leader,, I'd agree....He did it for the Jews to help them slaughter tribes for their land occupation...

You know how I feel, God is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. I'm going with Him.
Good luck with your choice.

So you had no problem with who was punished by the church and state before ??

Since when can Churches in the US "punish" people unless they are members of said church?

I have an issue with the government doing anything without a compelling reason AND constitutional authority.
It was done by peer pressure, now try to deny the thousands of years of church repression and censorship that was extolled by the church and the govt's that colluded with the church for control....

We are talking about the here an now, or do you admit that part of the progressive agenda on this is retribution?
No, it's called equality, something religions and it practitioners seeks to deny.....

Keep hiding behind equality, we all know its about punishing those who think differently than you.
Religious people have done it best when it comes to ostracizing those that do not follow the lemmings...

There are many hard right social con Christians with mistaken beliefs, yes. They would best MTOB.
So basically "go in the closet"? Religious freedom isn't restricted to the inside of a Church, or the basement of your house.
No wonder the adults tell you to shush. You can work against civil rights if you want, and you will be treated accordingly. Better you MYOB. Besides you are not Christian at all.

And the fact is at this point YOUR side is working against Civil rights, the rights of people to practice their religion as they see fit.

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Marty, the reply was perfect to your comment. You made a shift, and it was followed. Blame yourself for the deflection.

LOL The first time some daffy progtard attempts to "help me with my convictions" he/she will soon regret that stupid move

What convictions? I don't know if you've ever been convicted of anything but an allegation that you're a partisan hack filled with hate would be easy to sustain. The evidence in all of your angry posts is clear and convincing.

Has anyone on the right pointed out that the OP is incorrect or are they just running with it?

I actually ASKED if it was a mis-quote, and back at the beginning of the thread we acknowledged it.

It goes to prove one thing, that rights are not connected to religion in this nation,,thank God...

Oh yes, it's so much more comforting to follow Man's rules than God's rules.... not...
Since God did not fight in the revolution as a leader,, I'd agree....He did it for the Jews to help them slaughter tribes for their land occupation...

You know how I feel, God is omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. I'm going with Him.
If he is so powerful why did he allow the Devil to win and exist?

Religious people have done it best when it comes to ostracizing those that do not follow the lemmings...

LOL, well I guess your side is using that playbook now, because the only ostracizing being done this day and age is of people who don't hold progressive viewpoints.

We all knew this was about retribution, thanks for confirming it.

If he is so powerful why did he allow the Devil to win and exist?

The war is not over.

THE LAST frikken thing I Elect a thug/man as President for is to stand there AND LECTURE AND THREATEN me

He can go to hell

Argumentum ad absurdum.

Moonglow did not offer an argument, thus your effort to suggest you have a knowledge of informal logic is busted.

Christians want people to follow their lead because it's good for everyone. Here and eternally
Liberals just want it "man's way" - which is doomed to failure.

It's just that simple.

Forum List

Back