🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama won't attend Judge Scalia's funeral. Only to pay their respects at the high court.

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
No reason given for Obama not attending the Basilica on Saturday. Only Vice President Biden will attend the funeral with his wife.

I have no words. Just sitting here shaking my head.

314A4AE500000578-0-image-a-73_1455734758069.jpg

President will not attend requiem for Scalia

No reason given for Obama not attending the Basilica on Saturday. Only Vice President Biden will attend the funeral with his wife.

I'm not one for Conspiracy Theories. I must say the nature of Antonin Scalia's death and what happened immediately post-death....something just doesn't sit right.

1. your source is questionable at best.
2. scalia never went to the state of the union.

i'd say they're even

now please go off on another obama deranged rant.

Is there a precedent for a POTUS to do so?

Doesn't seem so.

>> Four out of the past seven funerals for a Supreme Court justice have either had the president or vice president in attendance.

Former President George W. Bush attended the funeral for Chief Justice William Rehnquist.

Former President Bill Clinton attended the funerals for former Chief Justice Warren E. Burger and Justice William Brennan but did not attend the funerals for Justices Harry Blackmun or Lewis F. Powell Jr.

Former Vice President Al Gore attended the funeral for Justice Thurgood Marshall. << --- NBC Nooz

From the same article:

>> When pressed for clarification on Obama missing the funeral, White House press secretary Josh Earnest repeated that "the president will pay his respects at the Supreme Court on Friday and he'll be joined with the first lady when he does that." <<​

Wait --- "joined with?
They're not married?

i'd say they're even

You fool. The source is solid. If you read the article the press was interviewing Josh Ernest. He's the one that broke the news.

Now politics aside. Judge Scalia was a loyal servant to the people of America. For thirty years.

This is a snub by Obama and totally without class. He's just showing his true colors again. Obama is just a punk from Cheeeeeeeeeeecago even after all the years in office.

How pitiful.

I also will not attend, I have to go shopping for a new pillow. NO I didn't use the other one to do what you cons are thinking! Morbid bastids.

i'd say they're even

You fool. The source is solid. If you read the article the press was interviewing Josh Ernest. He's the one that broke the news.

Now politics aside. Judge Scalia was a loyal servant to the people of America. For thirty years.

This is a snub by Obama and totally without class. He's just showing his true colors again. Obama is just a punk from Cheeeeeeeeeeecago even after all the years in office.

How pitiful.

if you post it, there is nothing solid about it, you drug addled psycho.

and if you look at the posts following your latest obamas-deranged rant, you'll see that a) the president will pay his respects; and b) presidents don't always attention funerals for supreme court justices.

dismissed....

Does anybody believe in "Bad Vibes"?

President O'Bama is the human most likely to - and will try mightily to - erase every single contribution to Constitutional law that Nino fought for.

If he were to darken that ceremony with his presence he would in fact be about as welcome as the proverbial whore in church. Why go where you are manifestly not wanted?

i'd say they're even

How pitiful.

Once again, you can't "snub" something unless normal circumstances expect you to be there. And that is not established.

>> Presidents don’t always attend a Supreme Court Justice’s funeral. According to NBC News, only three out of the past seven Supreme Court justice funerals were attended by the President. When Bill Clinton was President, he attended two Supreme Court Justice funerals, but did not attend three others. He was present at former Chief Justice Warren E. Burger’s and Justice William Brennan’s funerals. He did not attend Justices Harry Blackmun or Lewis F. Powell Jr.’s funerals, or Justice Thurgood Marshall’s. Former Vice President Al Gore did attend Marshall’s funeral. Former President George W. Bush did not attend Justice Byron White’s funeral.

However, attending a sitting Justice’s funeral is viewed by some as being completely different in significance. According to Townhall, this may be the first time in the last 65 years that a current president skipped the funeral of a sitting Justice, although early records are not completely clear. Scalia is the only justice to have died in office since Chief Justice William Rehnquist, who passed away in 2005. Bush attended Rehnquist’s funeral and said the eulogy. When Chief Justice Fred M. Vinson died in 1953, Dwight D. Eisenhower was photographed at his funeral.

Historically, Presidents’ decisions on attending Justices’ funerals only sometimes seem to be connected to their political leanings. Burger was known to be a conservative, but his court made some liberal decisions while he was Chief Justice, and Clinton, a Democrat, attended his funeral but did not attend the funeral of Democrat Thurgood Marshall, for example. Blackmun was a Republican who became one of the most liberal justices on the Court, and neither Clinton nor Gore attended his funeral either. There doesn’t seem to be a clear pattern as far as Presidents’ decisions about whether or not to attend a Supreme Court Justice’s funeral. << --- Presidents Don't Always Attend SC Justices' Funerals
"Snub" assumes a premise not in evidence.

Does anybody believe in "Bad Vibes"?

President O'Bama is the human most likely to - and will try mightily to - erase every single contribution to Constitutional law that Nino fought for.

If he were to darken that ceremony with his presence he would in fact be about as welcome as the proverbial whore in church. Why go where you are manifestly not wanted?

"Nino"?

One thing both the Clintons and Barry Hussein could always count on is full and slobbering support from the liberal media. It's profoundly offensive to both the Italian community and republicans and decent Americans who care about Constitutional law that the president refuses to make an appearance at the funeral for a Justice of the Supreme Court but the media reports it without comment. Barry Hussein jets to every part of the world to bow to every two bit leader but refuses to attend the funeral of a Justice of the Supreme Court. Shameful.

i'd say they're even

obama's a no-class piece of shit and so are you.

i'd say they're even

How pitiful.

It's OK, I doubt Scalia would want him there. It's not like they were friends.

i'd say they're even

How pitiful.

It's OK, I doubt Scalia would want him there. It's not like they were friends.

*yawn*

Forum List

Back