Obamacare 3rd anniversary: By the numbers

You are going to ride this monstrosity all the way into the ground pops.

Increasingly, officials in the Obama administration are worried that the rollout of the exchanges will be chaotic, given the law’s complexity and unrealistic deadlines. “We are under 200 days from open enrollment” on the exchanges, noted Henry Chao, deputy chief information officer at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, at a recent conference. “I’m pretty nervous—I don’t know about you.”my hopes [Bare the range of things that could go wrong gets narrower and narrower.”][/B]

Even your peeps is scared ;)

the coup de grace...

“As we move closer to October,

“Let’s just make sure it’s not a third-world experience.”

CMS on Obamacare's Health Insurance Exchanges: 'Let's Just Make Sure It's Not a Third-World Experience' - Forbes

They've had THREE FUCKING YEARS to figure it out. Are they really that stupid?

I doubt they particularly care at this point. Most of them are content to believe their own lies about it. (Just see above: things like the "real time access to our bank accounts" and "Obama and congress are exempt" nonsense).

The ACA is going to be anything but afforable.

The only winners will be those "subsidized" by we the taxpayer.

This POS bill sucks and anyone who thinks its going to be cheaper and better is a fucking idiot.

Obamacare bombs and it is incumbant on the people who warned us that it was going to bomb to keep the plan and "make it better?"

The GOP is trying it's best to make it bomb. They hate the idea of some people having access to health care. You know those 47% takers?

I see. Obamacare bombs and its the Republicans fault. Thanks for clearing that up. You know, this reminds me of another episode of American history that got blamed on Republicans.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyqYY72PeRM]Democrats in their own words Covering up Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac scandal - YouTube[/ame]

Blaming Fannie and Freddie and Democrats for the Housing bubble and crash

cool -- FOX News thanks you Baaa, baaa, baaa, back to FOX News

You have to love it, this is Obama and the Democrats baby, yet it's the Republicans FAULT for not making it work..

They didn't want it in the FIRST PLACE nor did a lot of the people

But as Pelosi said, you have to PASS IT FIRST to see whats in it...This disaster lands right on Obama's and Democrats shoulders...live with it

We like Obamare, we are just pointing out what the GOP actually says in public, they are doing whatever they can to muck it up

Why would you deny what is public strategy of GOP?

Congress knows what's in it. The DUPES don't know what's in it.

OF COURSE people with crummy plans will pay some more for good health care, if they make more than 4x the poverty line, and don't get gov't help.

Let it die would be the best fix. It's just another huge tax fest. And, even on top of the taxes it STILL is going to add trillions to the debt.

Last edited:

OF COURSE people with crummy plans will pay some more for good health care, if they make more than 4x the poverty line, and don't get gov't help.

Hell, I know what's in it, having read the whole damn thing before it was passed. The bill was right there online for anybody to see.

Hell, I know what's in it, having read the whole damn thing before it was passed. The bill was right there online for anybody to see.

lol... I'd bet everything I own if they made a quiz on the ACA you would fail.

Here's a snapshot look at Obamacare after 3 years. The result is decidedly mixed.

Obamacare's 3rd anniversary: By the numbers | wtsp.com

Two things leap out at me:

1. The government has to do a really better job of selling this program and informing potential customers. Due to the complexity of the law, too few people know how it will affect them and for them not to know after 3 years is inexcusable.

2. The GOP needs to get off their all or nothing position and start helping to make it better. If they had waded in to help correct what's wrong with Obamacare 3 years ago, instead of pretending they can kill it totally, how much better off would we be right now?

The selling was already done. Remember the close, "We've got to pass the legislation before we can find out what is in it." The selling is done. If most people's premiums were going down instead of up OR if people's hours were not being cut due to the healthcare reform, who would really care what the GOP thinks?

lol... I'd bet everything I own if they made a quiz on the ACA you would fail.

Without it being an open book test, I sure would. There's a LOT in there. In fact, there's TOO MUCH in there that doesn't have anything to do with reforming healthcare.

That's why I've said there's plenty of room for improvement, but nobody is interested in doing that....are they? The GOP is still pandering to the base and foisting the fantasy that they can kill it totally instead of accepting the reality that it's here and it's not going anywhere.

Well, I would like to see the present plan replaced with a universal single payer plan such as Canada's.

As long as the GOP are simply saying "kill it" without any kind of plan of how to fix our present ineffective and far too costly system, they are just pissing into the wind. But that is going to be the way that the GOP goes, and, once again, they will suffer at polls.

Here's a snapshot look at Obamacare after 3 years. The result is decidedly mixed.

1. The government has to do a really better job of selling this program and informing potential customers. Due to the complexity of the law, too few people know how it will affect them and for them not to know after 3 years is inexcusable.

2. The GOP needs to get off their all or nothing position and start helping to make it better. If they had waded in to help correct what's wrong with Obamacare 3 years ago, instead of pretending they can kill it totally, how much better off would we be right now?

So you guys knew Obama Care was a mess.
Now you admit it's a mess.

And so you want to blame the republicans for it.

Sorry pal.

This is all yours....:tongue:

To correct it properly you have to kill the whole law. Obamaturdcare sucks big time.

Good point. Instead of the "all or none" strategy they could have spent the LAST THREE YEARS trying to improve it. Instead they want to go back to the Insurance Companies making all of your decisions and rejecting anyone they don't want to cover.

But alas, they did not and Obama was overwhelmingly re-elected (in part to Obamacare), and the SCOTUS has said it is Constitutional. It is now the law of the land and here to stay.

So it's time they get to work and do what they were elected to do. Try and improve it and stop acting like a bunch of TP controlled whiny assed crybabies.

insurances company's pay for what you CONTRACT for.....if folks have to pay higher premiums for coverage they don't want, how is that fair?

no Goper voted for it, they didn't want it, not even the rinos.

BUT you expect them to improve it? right got it.:eusa_hand:

...you wanted to go it alone, well, have at it big boy.......you break it , you own it...thats saying ya'll love, so live it.

obama was overwhelmingly reelected? oh for god sakes....:rolleyes:

Correcting what is wrong with Obamacare would require starting from scratch.

Cutting as regulation here, cutting a tax there, adding a fee here to make up for the tax cut there .... all raindrops in an ocean of wrongness.

Of course the Democrats could have made a few fixes four years ago instead of going for the all or nothing approach themselves. And they wouldn't. They were all, "we won, you lost, get over it" but now you expect Republicans to do what Democrats wouldn't.

Hard to imagine how a program with a 15,000 page operating manual wouldn't sell

The news just keeps getting "worse and worser" for ObamaCare. When Reuters reports negative news about it, it must be really bad:

Millions of Americans will be priced out of health insurance under President Barack Obama's healthcare overhaul because of a glitch in the law that adversely affects people with modest incomes who cannot afford family coverage offered by their employers, a leading healthcare advocacy group said on Tuesday.

Tax credits are a key component of the law and the White House has said the credits, averaging about $4,000 apiece, will help about 18 million individuals and families pay for health insurance once the Affordable Care Act takes full effect, beginning in January 2014.

The tax credits are geared toward low and middle-income Americans who do not have access to affordable health insurance coverage through an employer. The law specifies that employer-sponsored insurance is affordable so long as a worker's share of the premium does not exceed 9.5 percent of the worker's household income.

In its rule making, or final interpretation of the law, the IRS said affordability should be based strictly on individual coverage costs, however.

That means that, even if family coverage through an employer-based plan far exceeds the 9.5 percent cutoff, workers would not be eligible for the tax credits to help buy insurance for children or non-working dependents....

Little hope seen for millions priced out of health overhaul | Reuters

So, let me get this straight. ObamaCare says that 26 years olds can be on their parents' healthcare plans, but the affordability calculation covers only one person.

Now That's Logic!

Forum List

Back