ObamaCare Bronze Health Plan

Stop now. You're obviously involved in something you know nothing about. Educate yourself.

That was funny, thank you for making me laugh :)

I do this every day for a living, I work for BCBS....you?

Wife died from cancer and we hit the cap on our "Cadillac" plan. BCBS too. So I know these things from first hand real world experience unfortunately.

Working the cafeteria line at an insurance company doesn't make you an expert on insurance coverage. Sorry.

If you hit a cap on your plan it wasn't a Cadillac plan, it was a plan with a cap. Anyone with real world experience would nknow that, which leads me to believe that you are lying about everything else.

That was funny, thank you for making me laugh :)

I do this every day for a living, I work for BCBS....you?

Wife died from cancer and we hit the cap on our "Cadillac" plan. BCBS too. So I know these things from first hand real world experience unfortunately.

Working the cafeteria line at an insurance company doesn't make you an expert on insurance coverage. Sorry.

No annual limts here kid, just lifetime, I am sorry about your wife but VERY few plans have an annual limit.

I was independent for 6 years...there aren't better plans than BCBS.

You lose.

One of the things that drives up the cost of healthcare for everyone is the fact that Cadillac plans, by design, have low copays and no spending limits, which encourages overuse of health care. I find it hard to believe that anyone could hit a yearly limit on a plan that is designed not to have limits.

So it should be free?

Try answering the actual question this time.

I knew you were stupid, but that isn't even close to what I said.

For the none idiots, no one should be forced to pay for insurance they do not need in order to cut the costs for people that have political power.

I asked how much a high deductible plan should cost.

Your answer had nothing to do with what I asked. Try again.

My answer still stands, it shouldn't cost anything anything unless a person wants to buy it by choice. Obamacare is all about forcing people to do what you want because you took all the opinions you formed on your own, handed them over to the government, and let them reissue you new ones.

Which part is a lie? Your fellow conservative sheep posted it.

Funny that you think it's a lie now that you see how much it actually costs.

Wow, another lie.

The source is not conservative.

The thread creator is not conservative??

Wouldn't know, I don't pretend to be able to label people that can actually think for themselves, like the original poster. I only slap labels on people who allow others to think for them, like you.

Can someone tell me why a 55 year old male, who has had their individual catastrophic policy cancelled due to the ACA, now has to pay for the following coverage:

Maternity and newborn care
Pediatric services, including oral and vision care

????

Because the government, in its infinite wisdom, has determined that we run the risk of an unwanted pregnancy and childbirth.

And because common sense is illegal.

This also provides free annual check ups. Important.

6k cap is a lot better than much more and bankruptcy, loss of assets...

Also guaranteed, no cut offs.

The checkups are not free.

Repeat that until you no longer tell anyone that something is free when it isn't.

It's one thing to disagree in politics. It's another to behave in the manner that Roo is behaving. My wife was a wonderful woman who I miss every day. I hesitantly mentioned her but I wanted you to know that I am debating from a point of view that is based on real experiences. I don't need to justify or prove anything about her and the fact that you felt the need to take our debate to the level of questioning something like that. Well that's enough for me.

Best of luck to everyone but this isn't a place for me.

You don't like getting caught in a lie so stupid that it indefensible don't use it in the first place. It would be impossible for your wife to have died from your Cadillac plan hitting an annual spending limit. If you insist that happened, you must be lying about it. Since it is inconceivable to Roo that you would lie about your wife dying, he jumped to the more palatable conclusion that you lied about being married.

Can someone tell me why a 55 year old male, who has had their individual catastrophic policy cancelled due to the ACA, now has to pay for the following coverage:

????

Well?

Where is this person's choice? He can no longer choose to not have these things that he does not want and sure the hell does not need.

????

Well?

Where is this person's choice? He can no longer choose to not have these things that he does not want and sure the hell does not need.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gtyf7UHXNTM]Remy: Obamacare Video Contest Song - YouTube[/ame]

Holy shit! Every nutter here is suddenly the holder of a catastrphic plan that won't meet the ACA criteria! It is fucking amazing. It is as if some radio host talked about this on his show! Uncanny!

Look how amazed you are at the number of people who are responsible and purchased individual insurance for themselves. You are so shocked by the very idea that you just sit there mocking them. Not everyone is an irresponsible mooch you know.

Holy shit! Every nutter here is suddenly the holder of a catastrphic plan that won't meet the ACA criteria! It is fucking amazing. It is as if some radio host talked about this on his show! Uncanny!

Look how amazed you are at the number of people who are responsible and purchased individual insurance for themselves. You are so shocked by the very idea that you just sit there mocking them. Not everyone is an irresponsible mooch you know.

Listen here, dummy.......I am specifically referring to the liars here who have conveniently decide to claim that they have a plan that will be phased out by the law. Everyone who has insurance through a job pays for it too, dummy. Do you think it is free?

If you are a person beyond the age of 30 or so.....and you are opting to buy a high deductible catastrophic health care plan......you are throwing money away. A tenty-something...maybe makes sense. But once you have assets to protect and likely a family.......a catastrophic plan is stupid. It does not help you to remain healthy in any way.

The fact is that this law is not designed to help people who already have and can afford a plan. It is meant to help those who don't have one due to being denied and those who cannot afford one. And since a catastrophic plan is a bullshit ripoff, they have been pretty much excluded from the law.

It is not about mooches, you arrogant fuck. It is about working poor....who have had no access to affordable Heath care. It is way past due.

Wow. Is this thing expensive:

boedicca-albums-mo-mo-mo-boedicca-s-stuff-picture6044-bronze-plan.jpg

How this looks is that the only benefit one gets is 3 doctors visits with copays of $60, and then everything else has to apply to the deductible. A family would have to spend $5,000 before being covered for anything, and then the co-pays are enormous.

What a rip-off!

ObamaCare Bronze Plan Details - Medicoverage.com

You expected Obamacare to cover something?

Nope. This is exactly what I expected. The Bronze Plan is really just a super duper expensive catastrophic care plan.

It is not about mooches, you arrogant fuck. It is about working poor....who have had no access to affordable Heath care. It is way past due.

No, it's about power and control, in this case centralizing control over our access to health care.

How come you failed to mention the actual monthly cost of this basic plan? Is it still a ripoff if it costs as little as $5/month?

So what is it? If you know please tell us....I doubt it would be so cheap. And that really doesn't matter, it's still unaffordable for many people. How is this going to help anyone? The poor will still go to the ER and never pay a dime. There will be bankruptcy's because of medical costs.

It's in the link provided in the OP. It's actually as cheap as $1 for those who truly can't afford it. Which is kind of the point of this whole thing.

Feel better now?

It's still not cheap with a $5,000 deductible and 30% copays, bub.

Wow. Is this thing expensive:

boedicca-albums-mo-mo-mo-boedicca-s-stuff-picture6044-bronze-plan.jpg

How this looks is that the only benefit one gets is 3 doctors visits with copays of $60, and then everything else has to apply to the deductible. A family would have to spend $5,000 before being covered for anything, and then the co-pays are enormous.

What a rip-off!

ObamaCare Bronze Plan Details - Medicoverage.com

You expected Obamacare to cover something?

Nope. This is exactly what I expected. The Bronze Plan is really just a super duper expensive catastrophic care plan.

Exactly. I'm not wasting much time looking at the numbers yet. With all the subsidies and maneuvering going on, nothing we're seeing now is going to be accurate. But all indications are that we're going to be getting the same shit at much higher prices and no right to refuse. Fuck congress for selling us.

Last edited:

????

And don't forge Mlle Fluke's birth control!

????

Well?

...And are no doubt very expensive.
Better we think of the "village" we live in and how our contributions to pay for another "villager" really makes our life better. Never lose sight of the idea that those who stand to benefit the most from what is taken from you know far better than you how to expend your resources.

Forum List

Back