Obamacare lead story on CNN

...slowdown in healthcare spending increases...

Just look at that. That's the confirmation of the bait-and-switch I warned about right there.

Look at those words. "...slowdown in healthcare SPENDING INCREASES..."

In other words, costs are still climbing. The liberals couch the increases in a lot of smoke. And like it or not, ObamaCare was front loaded with tax increases for four years before it launched the subsidies.

What we are seeing now are the real time costs. And they are catastrophic. And for the states, they will get even more catastrophic in 2019.

During the ObamaCare debates before its passage, one of the chief arguments made by the pro-Obamacare rubes was that we have the highest per capita spending on healthcare in the developed world.

It was heavily implied that health care costs would GO DOWN. It was NEVER said there would be a "slowdown in spending increases".

This has been one of the biggest boondoggle bait-and-switch cons ever pulled on the American people.

Yearly increases were greater before the law passed. That is a simple fact.

Yes, and I have posted that fact many, many times, and excoriated the GOP for doing NOTHING during the decades healthcare costs outpaced inflation.

I am convinced the GOP sold us all down the river to the Democrats and single payer healthcare a long time ago.

Personal question. How do you procure health insurance?
I am retired military on TriCare Prime. I can go for an hour on how the government has been fucking us vets over on our healthcare for years now.

Remember that lie about "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor?" We vets on TriCare Prime were the first ones to learn that was a lie.

We are trapped in this insane system where our healthcare depends on our geographical location.

TriCare Prime is not part of individual insurance market Obamacare primarily addressed. Everything we are talking about here is in the context of individual insurance market.

How has Obamacare SPECIFICALLY effected your doctors?

Just look at that. That's the confirmation of the bait-and-switch I warned about right there.

In other words, costs are still climbing. The liberals couch the increases in a lot of smoke. And like it or not, ObamaCare was front loaded with tax increases for four years before it launched the subsidies.

What we are seeing now are the real time costs. And they are catastrophic. And for the states, they will get even more catastrophic in 2019.

During the ObamaCare debates before its passage, one of the chief arguments made by the pro-Obamacare rubes was that we have the highest per capita spending on healthcare in the developed world.

It was heavily implied that health care costs would GO DOWN. It was NEVER said there would be a "slowdown in spending increases".

This has been one of the biggest boondoggle bait-and-switch cons ever pulled on the American people.

Yes, and I have posted that fact many, many times, and excoriated the GOP for doing NOTHING during the decades healthcare costs outpaced inflation.

I am convinced the GOP sold us all down the river to the Democrats and single payer healthcare a long time ago.

I am retired military on TriCare Prime. I can go for an hour on how the government has been fucking us vets over on our healthcare for years now.

Remember that lie about "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor"? We vets on TriCare Prime were the first ones to learn that was a lie.

We are trapped in this insane system where our healthcare depends on our geographical location.

Wow!
As someone who served on active duty for 20+ years, and has been trapped in a government insurance program ever since, I can speak with some authority on how fucked up government healthcare is.

The first time I went to a civilian doctor when I retired from the military, my wife started laughing at the look on my face. It was a whole different universe.

Remember that lie about "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor"? We vets on TriCare Prime were the first ones to learn that was a lie.

Wow!
As someone who served on active duty for 20+ years, and has been trapped in a government insurance program ever since, I can speak with some authority on how fucked up government healthcare is.

The first time I went to a civilian doctor when I retired from the military, my wife started laughing at the look on my face. It was a whole different universe.

OK! Whatever you say.

Wow!

Cool story, what does that have to do with Obamacare?

Remember that lie about "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor?" We vets on TriCare Prime were the first ones to learn that was a lie.

TriCare Prime is not part of individual insurance market Obamacare primarily addressed. Everything we are talking about here is in the context of individual insurance market.

How has Obamacare SPECIFICALLY effected your doctors?
The Congress that writes the rules for TriCare is the same Congress that writes the rules for ObamaCare. There are many, many parallels.

TriCare Prime has a special new wrinkle, though. A couple years ago, the rules were changed.

Now get this. You won't believe it.

If a retiree on TriCare Prime lives within 50 miles of a Military Treatment Facility, they can go to any civilian doctor they wish. Got that? They don't have to go to the military base for medical care. They can go to any civilian doctor who accepts Tricare. And almost all doctors do.

Now here comes the insane part.

If a retiree on TriCare Prime does NOT live anywhere near a military base, they CANNOT go to a civilian doctor!

I know you will think I am lying. But I'm not.

Wow!

I was asked how I procure my insurance, dipshit. And it provides some insight into the quality of government insurance and healthcare.

Wow!

I was asked how I procure my insurance, dipshit. And it provides some insight into the quality of government insurance and healthcare.

I've lived in a country with a REAL government insurance program. I'm sure you've been asked to research them before. The fact is that a FISCALLY CONSERVATIVE person who wants to reduce his own health care related tax burden would be insane to oppose single payer universal health care. The only reasons one opposes that is an UNWARRANTED fear of government and a fear that someone who earns less $$ might get the same health care that they get.

Car insurance? Please.

Wow!

I've lived in a country with a REAL government insurance program. I'm sure you've been asked to research them before. The fact is that a FISCALLY CONSERVATIVE person who wants to reduce his own health care related tax burden would be insane to oppose single payer universal health care. The only reasons one opposes that is an UNWARRANTED fear of government and a fear that someone who earns less $$ might get the same health care that they get.

Car insurance? Please.
The operative words in your post are "health care related tax burden".
You are so entitlement minded, you have no concept of what fiscal conservatism is. Not a clue.

There should be NO "health care related tax burden" to pay for the healthcare of healthy Americans!

I'm all for supporting those with catastrophic illnesses or injuries, and I'm all for supporting our elders.

Everyone else should be paying their own freight. Period. They should be picking up the phone and calling any insurance company they wish, and buying whatever health insurance coverage they wish.

Just like they do with auto, life, and home insurance.

They need to be freed from the hostage-taking entitlement heads like yourself.

Car insurance? Please.
You are so entitlement minded, you have no concept of what fiscal conservatism is.

There should be NO "health care related tax burden" to pay for the healthcare of healthy Americans!

I'm all for supporting those with catastrophic illnesses or injuries, and I'm all for supporting our elders.

Everyone else should be paying their own freight. Period.

That doesn't work. If it did.....SOME NATION, SOMEWHERE would be doing it that way with success.

Why do so many nations have universal single payer health care? Are they ALL rubes?

Wow!

I'll tell you what else my story has to do with Obamacare.

The liberal plan won't stop with single payer health insurance. The next step is to move on to all your healthcare being provided by government institutions.

Some on here have already begun to make this demand.

There is some kind of genetic defect in liberals which hates the profit motive.

Car insurance? Please.
You are so entitlement minded, you have no concept of what fiscal conservatism is.

Everyone else should be paying their own freight. Period.

That doesn't work. If it did.....SOME NATION, SOMEWHERE would be doing it that way with success.

Why do so many nations have universal single payer health care? Are they ALL rubes?
They are all starting to buckle under socialized medicine. The UK in particular.

Some countries are moving back toward market driven models.

And while they are all looking down their noses at us, they ignore that if we weren't subsidizing their defense for them, their social safety nets would have imploded a long ago.

Car insurance? Please.
You are so entitlement minded, you have no concept of what fiscal conservatism is. Not a clue.

Everyone else should be paying their own freight. Period. They should be picking up the phone and calling any insurance company they wish, and buying whatever health insurance coverage they wish.

Isn't that how it was before Obamacare? Were you happy with that system?

Stupid, CNN, Continual Nonsense News, only directive is to attack and destroy insurance companies by painting them as evil and despicable, capitalist tools designed to rape common man. You should know better, employers should never be focused on making a profit, they need to provide for all! Now be a good little socialist and go back to reading your little red book.

2019. I warned you years ago.

2019 is when it all blows up.

And then the rubes will be crying out for single payer government healthcare.

"We need MOAR government!"

Single payer......the thing that rubes in every industrialized nation except ours have opted for. Such rubes!
Socialism has never worked long term in the history of the planet… Fact

Stupid, CNN, Continual Nonsense News, only directive is to attack and destroy insurance companies by painting them as evil and despicable, capitalist tools designed to rape common man. You should know better, employers should never be focused on making a profit, they need to provide for all! Now be a good little socialist and go back to reading your little red book.
Haha, so their only directive is to destroy insurance companies now? What about rigging the election for Hillary?

2019. I warned you years ago.

2019 is when it all blows up.

And then the rubes will be crying out for single payer government healthcare.

"We need MOAR government!"

Single payer......the thing that rubes in every industrialized nation except ours have opted for. Such rubes!
Socialism has never worked long term in the history of the planet… Fact
Nobody is saying they want the US to be socialists. Having socialist programs in a capitalistic democracy is not the same as socialism. You are misrepresenting again.

Yep, I was happier with my old health insurance program. My rates were about two thirds of what they are now, covered wherever I went, no restrictions on who I could see. Now I am stuck in a restricted provider program, paying higher deductibles with less coverage.I don't see the doctor anymore for routine check ups, can't afford it. Maybe if I didn't work and have to support a family I could get on that gravy train.

My post from way back when is still relevant today: Tax the rich more!

:D

A lot of ObamaCare recipients are going to find out they are down to just one insurer on their insurance exchange.

Government hostages.

That's the flaw of there not being a public option.
The liberal answer to every government fuckup. "We need MOAR government!!"

The liberal answer to every private sector fuckup. "We need MOAR government!!"

Jesus H. Christ.

I think I missed your plan for getting everyone health care. This conservative plan has some problems....which can be fixed...but it
is an improvement over what we had before it was passed.....isn't it?

I'm for Medicare for all.

What is your plan?

g5000 probably is for medicare for none.

Car insurance? Please.

Isn't that how it was before Obamacare? Were you happy with that system?
Of course I was happy with the system before Obamacare, there was no fucking mandate... lol

My post from way back when is still relevant today: Tax the rich more!

:D

A lot of ObamaCare recipients are going to find out they are down to just one insurer on their insurance exchange.

Government hostages.

That's the flaw of there not being a public option.
The liberal answer to every government fuckup. "We need MOAR government!!"

The liberal answer to every private sector fuckup. "We need MOAR government!!"

Jesus H. Christ.

I think I missed your plan for getting everyone health care. This conservative plan has some problems....which can be fixed...but it
is an improvement over what we had before it was passed.....isn't it?

I'm for Medicare for all.

What is your plan?

g5000 probably is for medicare for none.
Medicare is fine, how about all you fucked up progressives pay for it. Put your money where your mouth is... asshole

Forum List

Back