🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obamacare sticker shock

point at least one link at all in whatever YOU are claiming the whole thread 0- and then demand more links from me.

you have not provided ANY. zero, zilch, nada.

substantiate your claim it is not 10,200K - for once.

YOU made the claim.

The burden of proof is on you.

and I provided the link .
to obamacare law and to your california state exchange. the individual cost of a standard PPO plan is way above 10,200$ ALREADY - and it is 5 years before 2018.

YOU made a claim it is cheaper for the employers - substantiate it.

This is basic economics and business. It's like asking me to "substantiate" that the concepts of supply and demand exist, and are related.

But, here you go:

Health Insurance vs. Group Health Insurance

The first difference between the two types of coverage is cost. Affordability is perhaps the deciding factor as to why individuals opt to have a group health plan instead of individual health insurance coverage. The set rate for a group of individuals is much cheaper than buying for just one individual. It’s like buying wholesale. And because group health insurance is typically very comprehensive, each employee will not have to pay any additional fees unless anyone opts for additional benefits that are not offered to the group.

Dies anyone have a comment or can shed light on this? I tried to get in, got booted twice....I'm on my shitty iPad so......

I just cannot believe his premium if true .....:doubt:

Bronze is not a catastrophic plan.

I checked some numbers real quick.
For a real family of five that I know, the cheapest bronze plan would cost $26,980 before any benefits are paid out.

I then went to the cheapest platinum plan. Cost: $25,240.

Neither of those numbers come even close to what that family currently pays.

Dental not included.
Eye care not included.
Formularies not included.

The families 'health insurance' just doubled!

Let's not even talk about the number of Docs dropping MediCal patients.

Using this tool provided be Greenbeard:
Get Covered | Covered California?

In my above post the family currently pays approx $12K per year with pretax dollars. She's an RN, he works for AT&T.

This family will be having an economic meltdown after barely seeing topside of the last economic meltdown.

There is nothing to cut out of their budget.
They will go into debt buying health insurance.

He doesn't have coverage through AT&T?

She doesn't have coverage as an RN?

(I'm aware of the plight of RNs, so it's possible she doesn't. But I know that AT&T covers their employees fairly well.)

Yes, he does have coverage through AT&T.

What he doesn't have is tenure.

Using this tool provided be Greenbeard:
Get Covered | Covered California?

In my above post the family currently pays approx $12K per year with pretax dollars. She's an RN, he works for AT&T.

This family will be having an economic meltdown after barely seeing topside of the last economic meltdown.

There is nothing to cut out of their budget.
They will go into debt buying health insurance.

(I'm aware of the plight of RNs, so it's possible she doesn't. But I know that AT&T covers their employees fairly well.)

That was still true before "Obamacare" came along, though.

Without reading through 14 pages of posts, I'm here to say that I still have not opened the dreaded "envelope" from my insurance provider.

Inside is an illustration of my existing policy, next to a policy that is the closest match under the ACA.

My guess is that premiums have at least doubled, and the deductibles have at least tripled.

Without reading through 14 pages of posts, I'm here to say that I still have not opened the dreaded "envelope" from my insurance provider.

Inside is an illustration of my existing policy, next to a policy that is the closest match under the ACA.

My guess is that premiums have at least doubled, and the deductibles have at least tripled.

Do you have insurance through your employer, or do you purchase individual plans?

You should pour yourself a stiff drink, grab a bottle of aspirin & sit down before you look inside that envelope. Keep the phone in hand with the finger on 911 in case you feel chest pains or your head explode.

That was still true before "Obamacare" came along, though.

True! By tenure I meant build up of benefits.

The plan they have now will not be available to them after ACA kicks in.

Did his insurance company tell him that his plan will no longer be available? Or did he come to that conclusion by himself?

More than 50% of Americans think that they will be forced to change plans by Obamacare, while even the most generous predictions show less than 1% having to.

You should pour yourself a stiff drink, grab a bottle of aspirin & sit down before you look inside that envelope. Keep the phone in hand with the finger on 911 in case you feel chest pains or your head explode.
LOL. It is what it is. I see the ACA as a faster way for me to go broke, and a hinderance to getting my daughter through college. But I've faced worse over the years.

Do you have insurance through your employer, or do you purchase individual plans?

Individual.

LOL. It is what it is. I see the ACA as a faster way for me to go broke, and a hinderance to getting my daughter through college. But I've faced worse over the years.

Individual.

Catastrophic, or full coverage?

I'm in the same boat as you, but from what I've seen, I'll be able to purchase insurance on the exchanges for less than I'm currently paying.

I have a high-premium, low-deductible plan.

Shelly Ross of San Francisco was looking forward to the opening of the new health insurance marketplaces under the Affordable Care Act because she was hoping to get a better deal.

But now that she's seen her options, Ross is disappointed. Turns out she earns slightly too much money to qualify for federal financial aid to help her buy coverage in the state's exchange, called Covered California. And because policies have to be upgraded to comply with the new law, her rates are going up nearly 10 percent.

"Every plan is going to cost more than what I pay now. And what I pay now is ridiculous," said Ross, 47, who owns a cat-sitting business called Tales of the Kitty and pays more than $400 a month for her insurance. "It's a great thing for some people, but it's certainly not helping me."

Health insurance shoppers suffer sticker shock - SFGate

this law is horrible and should be repealed, hopefully the gop will win and get at least a year delay

Coverage? All she needs to do is an accounting method that has her 'earning' that "slightly" less she needs to qualify.

This story is so stupid

Shelly Ross of San Francisco was looking forward to the opening of the new health insurance marketplaces under the Affordable Care Act because she was hoping to get a better deal.

But now that she's seen her options, Ross is disappointed. Turns out she earns slightly too much money to qualify for federal financial aid to help her buy coverage in the state's exchange, called Covered California. And because policies have to be upgraded to comply with the new law, her rates are going up nearly 10 percent.

"Every plan is going to cost more than what I pay now. And what I pay now is ridiculous," said Ross, 47, who owns a cat-sitting business called Tales of the Kitty and pays more than $400 a month for her insurance. "It's a great thing for some people, but it's certainly not helping me."

Health insurance shoppers suffer sticker shock - SFGate

this law is horrible and should be repealed, hopefully the gop will win and get at least a year delay

$400 per month in California for a 47 year old is very reasonable. I get so sick of everyone talking about how expensive insurance is. Of course it's fucking expensive. Do you have any idea how much we spend on healthcare every year? This year it's going to be around $2.7 trillion. Now do some math you God Damned geniuses. Divide that number by 310 million Americans. What do you get? Let me help you. It's around $8700. That is $8700 per year for every single fucking breathing mammal that walks on two feet. Got that. Now understand that the average person lives 78 years, so the total cost for every single breathing person, regardless of how stupid they might be, comes to over $675,000 for their lifetime. And you all want health insurance for $99 a month or less. LMFAO!!!!!!

Did his insurance company tell him that his plan will no longer be available? Or did he come to that conclusion by himself?

More than 50% of Americans think that they will be forced to change plans by Obamacare, while even the most generous predictions show less than 1% having to.

He has a catastrophic plan. Low premium, high deductible. That's the way they like it. They also fund an HSA to cover the high deductible in case of a catastrophe.
ACA only allows <29/30 y/o ( not clear on that age) to purchase a catastrophic plan.
Plus, they were paying premiums and funding their HSA with pre-tax dollars.
Now they must purchase from the exchange with after tax dollars.

From what I've been reading the deductables are outrageous.

Your guide to Obamacare: Picking a plan depends on out-of-pocket costs ? not just premiums - NY Daily News

The only winners in Obamacare are those we are forced to subsidize.

They will be assistance or in some cases free medical care and the rest of us will pay.

Kinda wonder how long its gonna take to break the bank anymore than it already is??

Question!
How do undocumented immigrants purchase through the exchanges?

YOU made the claim.

The burden of proof is on you.

and I provided the link .
to obamacare law and to your california state exchange. the individual cost of a standard PPO plan is way above 10,200$ ALREADY - and it is 5 years before 2018.

YOU made a claim it is cheaper for the employers - substantiate it.

This is basic economics and business. It's like asking me to "substantiate" that the concepts of supply and demand exist, and are related.

But, here you go:

Health Insurance vs. Group Health Insurance

The first difference between the two types of coverage is cost. Affordability is perhaps the deciding factor as to why individuals opt to have a group health plan instead of individual health insurance coverage. The set rate for a group of individuals is much cheaper than buying for just one individual. It’s like buying wholesale. And because group health insurance is typically very comprehensive, each employee will not have to pay any additional fees unless anyone opts for additional benefits that are not offered to the group.

still NO FIGURES.

therefore you did not prove the employer insurance won't be abolished in 2018 - as it was planned by this crap obamacare which has to be killed :)

Out-of-Network Authorization Required No
Out-of-Network Annual Deductible $12,500 Individual/$25,000 Family
Out-of-Network Annual Coinsurance 50% after deductible (sic!!!)Out-of-Network Annual Out-of-Pocket Limit $25,000 Individual/$50,000 Family

Annual Deductible Individual: $6,100
$348.01 per month
Bronze plan

that's for 47 yo single female in my state.

this is ripp-off of individual for the benefit of big business - the PRIMARY dimocrap goal. as usual

Last edited:

Forum List

Back