Obama's Birth Cerificate: Is His Last Name The Issue?

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have an American parent and you are born outside the US, you are still an American right? so if Obama was born outside the US hes still American because his mother war. American Military members have babies born overseas all the time, those babies are still Americans.

I had a son born in Germany, he received a German birth certificate and we had to apply at the consulate for a certificate of birth abroad.

But your son is American right?

There is a good chance of that, as his father may have still been married to a woman in Kenya, which would make any marriage to his mother in Hawaii illegal. Of course we can only guess.

:eusa_hand: I don't even want to think about that!

We can't have a BASTARD for President!!!

Even if his father was married to another woman, how is that Obamas fault? you can't correct the mistakes of your parents.

Even if his father was married to another woman, how is that Obamas fault? you can't correct the mistakes of your parents.

I haven't heard anyone blame him for his parents. They would just like the man to be honest (transparency is one of his stated goals). It just appears that he is hiding his entire life: his birth, his school records, his college records, etc. I wonder what he is hiding. Is he a fraud, or is he a crimminal? If he is either, he should not be president.... twice!

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have an American parent and you are born outside the US, you are still an American right? so if Obama was born outside the US hes still American because his mother war. American Military members have babies born overseas all the time, those babies are still Americans.

I had a son born in Germany, he received a German birth certificate and we had to apply at the consulate for a certificate of birth abroad.

Well, he was. But he has been living in Germany the last 10 years and 7 of the 10 before that. I think he has taken his mothers side and accepted German citizenship. And now his older Brother who was born here has returned to Germany and married a German Girl. I really don't expect him to return....

There is a good chance of that, as his father may have still been married to a woman in Kenya, which would make any marriage to his mother in Hawaii illegal. Of course we can only guess.

:eusa_hand: I don't even want to think about that!

We can't have a BASTARD for President!!!

Oh hell, we've always had a Bastard in the White house. Or at least almost always.

Well, he was. But he has been living in Germany the last 10 years and 7 of the 10 before that. I think he has taken his mothers side and accepted German citizenship. And now his older Brother who was born here has returned to Germany and married a German Girl. I really don't expect him to return....

Not sure about your situation, or US-German laws. But it is possible to have duel citizenship. I know someone who was born in Canada, to a Canadian father, and an American mother. His mother filed for (and was automatically granted) American citizenship (after proving her own), and my friend is a duel-citizen. He's both a citizen of Canada and the US, and never even lived in the US until he was an adult.

Anyways as far as the thread goes:

You have to be a natural born citizen in order to be be elected president (or vice president). People born in other nations to American parents aren't natural born (because they have to apply for citizenship before becoming one, if they never do-they're never a citizen). This means to have to be born in one of the fifty states, or DC-not even US territories count as being eligible to become president. Not sure about military bases-I'm assuming they would count-as Mccain was born in Panama on one.

And I highly doubt the issue is based upon the last name. Bill Clinton's birth certificate doesn't mention Clinton anywhere on it.

Last edited:

Not sure about your situation, or US-German laws. But it is possible to have duel citizenship. I know someone who was born in Canada, to a Canadian father, and an American mother. His mother filed for (and was automatically granted) American citizenship (after proving her own), and my friend is a duel-citizen. He's both a citizen of Canada and the US, and never even lived in the US until he was an adult.

You have to be a natural born citizen in order to be be elected president (or vice president). People born in other nations to American parents aren't natural born (because they have to apply for citizenship before becoming one, if they never do-they're never a citizen). This means to have to be born in one of the fifty states, or DC-not even US territories count as being eligible to become president. Not sure about military bases-I'm assuming they would count-as Mccain was born in Panama on one.

And I highly doubt the issue is based upon the last name. Bill Clinton's birth certificate doesn't mention Clinton anywhere on it.

A child born in a foreign country to an American serving in the Armed forces is a natural born citizen.

A child born in a foreign country to an American serving in the Armed forces is a natural born citizen.

Thanks for clearing that up-I wasn't sure.

No, a child born on base to 2 American Citizens is considered a NBC.

But it cannot be denied that it does appear he is hiding something. We simply have no real clue as to what it is. Are you not in the least curious?

What do you mean "it cannot be denied"? I deny it.

Everything that's relevant has been put out there. When irrational people demand irrelevant information in an attempt to harass and annoy it's abuse of process. Why do you think the birfer lawyers keep getting sanctioned over...and over...and over again?

If instead of demanding Obama prove a negative over questions and insinuations that are completely irrelevant to his performance or position, y'all had actual evidence of a cover up that actually affects his eligibility or job performance....different story.

But all the birfers have are innuendos and vague leading questions from bloggers with money to rake in and an ax to grind. That's not evidence, it's trash.

"Everything that's relevant has been put out there"... how about his eligibility to be President of the USA signed by the 50 boards of elections that state they verified his documents? It wasn't done.
That is very correct. The Hawaii Democratic Party refused to certify him constitutionally qualified.

For the US, you can only have dual citizenship if the other country allows it. Germany and Canada allow it so you can have dual citizenship with them here in the US, however, countries like Kuwait and Saudi Arabia do not allow dual citizenship so the US won't let you be a dual citizen, you have to choose one or the other.

For the US, you can only have dual citizenship if the other country allows it. Germany and Canada allow it so you can have dual citizenship with them here in the US, however, countries like Kuwait and Saudi Arabia do not allow dual citizenship so the US won't let you be a dual citizen, you have to choose one or the other.

Let me chime in:

Technically the department of state does not take citizenship away unless a citizen formally renounces citizenship with the department of state.

Places like Kuwait and Saudi Arabia realize this, and will grant citizenship pending acknowledgement of this renunciation. You can't just go live in Saudi Arabia, and renounce your U.S. citizenship in front of a stone-throwing Saudi judge and have it be valid.

Another point: When taking the citizenship pledge to become a United States citizen, part of it entails renouncing loyalties to other countries. The supreme court precedence dictates that this does not mean one renounces their other citizenship to become a U.S. citizen. Some countries automatically drop one's citizenship if they become a citizen of another country. America is not one of those countries. In the past it did not allow dual citizenship, but in the last few decades it generally has allowed them.

Even if Obama had taken on Indonesian citizenship (as a minor), unless he was physically in front of a U.S. official and renounced his U.S. citizenship, he would still be a U.S. citizen. But since the law of Indonesia makes it so children of foreigners choose at the age of 18, I seriously doubt that.

Let me chime in:

Technically the department of state does not take citizenship away unless a citizen formally renounces citizenship with the department of state.

Places like Kuwait and Saudi Arabia realize this, and will grant citizenship pending acknowledgement of this renunciation. You can't just go live in Saudi Arabia, and renounce your U.S. citizenship in front of a stone-throwing Saudi judge and have it be valid.

Another point: When taking the citizenship pledge to become a United States citizen, part of it entails renouncing loyalties to other countries. The supreme court precedence dictates that this does not mean one renounces their other citizenship to become a U.S. citizen. Some countries automatically drop one's citizenship if they become a citizen of another country. America is not one of those countries. In the past it did not allow dual citizenship, but in the last few decades it generally has allowed them.

Even if Obama had taken on Indonesian citizenship (as a minor), unless he was physically in front of a U.S. official and renounced his U.S. citizenship, he would still be a U.S. citizen. But since the law of Indonesia makes it so children of foreigners choose at the age of 18, I seriously doubt that.

Getting citizenship from countries like Kuwait and Saudi Arabia is almost impossible, only way to get it is if your father is from those countries, even if your mother is from there and your father is not, you still don't get the citizenship. I just used those countries as examples because they don't recognize dual citizenship.

The department of state recognizes dual citizenship for reasons such as citizens of Greece (an ally) immigrating to America. Greece never renounces citizenship from a natural born citizen. Ever. In fact, in Greece, if you visit and have one Greek grandparent, if you stay more than 90 days, they will conscript you into their army.

Let me chime in:

Getting citizenship from countries like Kuwait and Saudi Arabia is almost impossible, only way to get it is if your father is from those countries, even if your mother is from there and your father is not, you still don't get the citizenship. I just used those countries as examples because they don't recognize dual citizenship.

Only foam-mouthed lunatics would want citizenship in either of those places.

Let me chime in:

Only foam-mouthed lunatics would want citizenship in either of those places.

Actually those citizens get alot of benefits, free medical, free houses, guaranteed job, you can retire at 20 years with a full pension, gas is almost nothing etc. those countries are rich from oil moneys which is why they make getting citizenship so hard, the downside is drinking is illegal, pre-marital sex is illegal, scantily clad women are illegal, everything fun is illegal, you get all those benefits but you have to live like a priest, fuck that I'll take my high gas prices, beer and strippers thank you very much.

Now what questions would the crazies have when the birth certificate says, "Barack Obama, born in Hawaii, Aug. 4, 1961?" None.
But he still doesn't release it which common sense tells us that his BC does not say that. However, I do believe he was born in Hawaii.
So what else does it say that he doesn't
Even Gibbs remarked on it, which was probably a bad thing to do. Kept the can of worms open.
As in what further questions could you have once the State of Hawaii has certified he was born there?
We don't trust what Hawaii says ?
Oh, I think he was born in Hawaii. Now I just want to see his BC to see who he is! Or what is holding him back from releasing it. Any ideas on why he is holding it and not producing it?

That wouldn't be more questions would it?

Northers are never satisfied

No, a child born on base to 2 American Citizens is considered a NBC.

My Statement stands, uncorrected.

Forum List

Back