Obama's coalition is starting to crumble.

It's a pretty tiny coalition so i don't think they can afford to lose any support. It's just a tiny Coalition of the Killing at this point. :(

Last edited:
This happens, when you 1st bomb and think later. And present facts to the Alliance to swallow.

It was almost a competition who will get to bomb Libya 1st.

Good point. This looks nothing like a "No Fly Zone." Unless Libya has flying buildings,cars,and tanks. This is not a "No Fly Zone." This is a massacre. It's very sad.

Other than your imagination and Gaddafi's propaganda, exactly where is this 'massacre'?

It's a pretty tiny coalition so i don't think they can afford to lose any support. It's just a tiny Caolition of the Killing at this point. :(

It's only fucking Libya.... they don't need anything more than they have. Look at the votes from the UN - that's where the support counts.

It's a pretty tiny coalition so i don't think they can afford to lose any support. It's just a tiny Caolition of the Killing at this point. :(

It's only fucking Libya.... they don't need anything more than they have. Look at the votes from the UN - that's where the support counts.

There's also been a lot of yammering about Turkey and Germany trying to block NATO's entrance, if needed. There are 26 other member countries. I'm guessing they don't need a consensus.

The French and German representatives reportedly stormed out of the Tuesday meeting in Brussels over disagreements about NATO's role, albeit for very different reasons. Germany is opposed to the military intervention altogether.
foreignpolicy.com

Instead of coalition building Obama now also poisons intra-NATO relations.

There's also been a lot of yammering about Turkey and Germany trying to block NATO's entrance, if needed. There are 26 other member countries. I'm guessing they don't need a consensus.

They need consensus.
And NATO countries like Italy have said, that they will review the status of the Airbases from which Libya is being attacked if NATO doesn't lead the operation.
Norway, which already has deployed Aircraft to Italy has said, that the Aircrafts won't take off under this mess within NATO.

(all links given in this thread before)

And Obama hides in S.America, whilst we are witnessing an International Crisis and serious cracks within the so-called 'coalition'.

obamaschilereuters20110.jpg

There is simply no valid argument for us intervening in this Libyan Civil War. Those who are cheerleading for bombing & killing Libyans are just wrong. I know they wont admit that though. But they are wrong.

Its pretty damn scary to think that the UN is having to ask "who's in charge of this" Obama isn't leading the french are not leading the UK isn't leading who the hell is in charge of this mess?

Frankly, no one gives a shit what Turkey says.... and Germany is doing what Germany always does. Sitting back and letting other countries do the hard shit... if there is a need for logistical support, that's what Germany will do.

Germany has 'issues' about any military action.... something to do with WWII, I think. :lol:

Frankly, no one gives a shit what Turkey says.... and Germany is doing what Germany always does. Sitting back and letting other countries do the hard shit... if there is a need for logistical support, that's what Germany will do.

Germany has 'issues' about any military action.... something to do with WWII, I think. :lol:

Germany is the most-liked country in the world because of its humanist stance in such issues.
Turkey enjoys the standing it has in Muslim world partly for its stance in such International issues.
You can invite Qatar and build coalition with them.

There is simply no valid argument for us intervening in this Libyan Civil War. Those who are cheerleading for bombing & killing Libyans are just wrong. I know they wont admit that though. But they are wrong.

I have yet to see anyone 'cheerleading'. But I am not surprised that, in your hyperbolic state, you are unable to differentiate fact from fiction.

Italy presses for Nato command of Libya war

"We want Nato to take control over the operation ... We have given permission for our bases to be used and would not like to bear the political responsibility for things done by others, without our control," foreign minister Franco Frattini said during a press conference in Brussels on Monday (21 March), after a meeting with foreign ministers.

In Turin, Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi also insisted it was "important that the command passes to Nato with a different coordination structure than what we have now."

EUobserver / Italy presses for Nato command of Libya war

What will you do, when Italy closes it's Airbases?
They want this whole operation to be a NATO thing.
After 3 days of NATO meetings, NATO just agreed to patrol Med-Sea with ships.
Not the thing Italy wants.

Last edited:

"We want Nato to take control over the operation ... We have given permission for our bases to be used and would not like to bear the political responsibility for things done by others, without our control," foreign minister Franco Frattini said during a press conference in Brussels on Monday (21 March), after a meeting with foreign ministers.

In Turin, Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi also insisted it was "important that the command passes to Nato with a different coordination structure than what we have now."

Boy they sure did line up to bomb the shit out of Libya huh? I'm sure it has nothing to do with their Oil though. ;)

Germany is the most-liked country in the world because of its humanist stance in such issues.
Turkey enjoys the standing it has in Muslim world partly for its stance in such International issues.
You can invite Qatar and build coalition with them.

and both countries are full of Muslims. They don't wanna piss them off.

Boy they sure did line up to bomb the shit out of Libya huh? I'm sure it has nothing to do with their Oil though. ;)

Italy already imports 38 % of Libya's oil.
It wasn't in Rome where the attack was decided, and it wasn't Berlusconi's jets who striked 1st.

They simply thought this will be NATO operation, so they're contributing with Airbases and Airplanes. For now.

Forum List

Back