Obama's Involvement In Bin Laden Takedown Was Simply A Nod

I'm just going to take a time out here in this shit throwing festival to say thanks, and job well done to SEAL team 6.

Did the guy who SENT them there visit? Ok, CHENEY did, what about Bush II?

He visited them just about every Thanksgiving.......he visited them when the shoe-throwing incident happened. I don't think it's much of a consideration. I just know Bush didn't go around bragging about how he took down Saddam or any body else he took down. He didn't open internet sites like www.gutsycall.com. to beg for cash.

Wanna talk about the "mission accomplished" photo op?

Happened about re-election time.

Yeah...............that was spiking the football prematurely.

Course the basis for your criticism of that photo is totally false......but keep thinking what you want.

One thing the Obama Administration has said......the War On Terror is over. Some of them think it never existed.

Obama was ready to shove this off on someone else if things went wrong. He was just trying to figure out how to sell it.

The rest of the 9 is hogwash.

Obama has NEVER said the war on terror is over.

That..is an out and out lie.

He may not have, but his security chief has. Brennan said it way back in 09' and another member of Obama's crew said it about a week ago. Now they're backtracking and trying to act like the war is still going because of the backlash that resulted.

He visited them just about every Thanksgiving.......he visited them when the shoe-throwing incident happened. I don't think it's much of a consideration. I just know Bush didn't go around bragging about how he took down Saddam or any body else he took down. He didn't open internet sites like www.gutsycall.com. to beg for cash.

Course the basis for your criticism of that photo is totally false......but keep thinking what you want.

substance?? Do you have any?? I didn't think so. Thanks for nothing as per usual.

So was it polticizing the war in iraq when W was photographed holding a plastic turkey on one of those thanksgiving visits??

I'm just going to take a time out here in this shit throwing festival to say thanks, and job well done to SEAL team 6.

What did they do? According to Mudwhistle, Obama made the whole thing up. So apparently there was no job that was done, not well done and the need for thanks is non existent...according to Mudwhistle.

If you have a problem with the SEALs not getting credit, address it to him.

Did the guy who SENT them there visit? Ok, CHENEY did, what about Bush II?

You bought that lie. Lol

You're I think the 3rd SOB I've had to explain that fallacy to, and you being a vet should know better than to believe that nonsense.

Makes me question your male-credentials.

You bought that lie. Lol

You're I think the 3rd SOB I've had to explain that fallacy to, and you being a vet should know better than to believe that nonsense.

Do you have anything of substance to offer?? Claiming that they are wrong for bringing up the mission accomplished banner which was spiking the ball prematurely based on how W used it to declare the end to major combat operations in iraq, which was FALSE.

So do you have any substance to offer or not?

You bought that lie. Lol

Do you have anything of substance to offer?? Claiming that they are wrong for bringing up the mission accomplished banner which was spiking the ball prematurely based on how W used it to declare the end to major combat operations in iraq, which was FALSE.

Nice run-on sentence.

It's a matter of understanding military terminology.

A mission is one event or a series of actions to accomplish a goal or mission.

I conducted numerous mission while on active-duty.

Mission accomplished doesn't mean the war is won. The crew posted that banner and Bush gave them congrats for successfully completing their mission. Also, our press is pro-democrat, so they needed to find fault in what the picture showed, thus they lied about what it represented.

You bought that lie. Lol

Nice run-on sentence.

Mission accomplished doesn't mean the war is won. The crew posted that banner and Bush gave them congrats for successfully completing their mission. Also, our press is pro-democrat, so they needed to find fault in what the picture showed, thus they lied about what it represented.

the fact that you have to try to criticze me based on a run on sentence instead of actually addressing the content just shows how desperate you truly are.

The problem with your spin is that w claimed in his speech on the carrier that it was the end of major combat operations in iraq. I know the right wing spin is to argue that it was all about the "mission" of that one ship however, the content of his speech shows that it was far more than that.

BTW when are you going to offer anything of substance to support your spin?? You are asked for substance and all you offer are your own baseless opinions so please provide something real if you can. Thank you.

Nice run-on sentence.

the fact that you have to try to criticze me based on a run on sentence instead of actually addressing the content just shows how desperate you truly are.

The problem with your spin is that w claimed in his speech on the carrier that it was the end of major combat operations in iraq. I know the right wing spin is to argue that it was all about the "mission" of that one ship however, the content of his speech shows that it was far more than that.

BTW when are you going to offer anything of substance to support your spin?? You are asked for substance and all you offer are your own baseless opinions so please provide something real if you can. Thank you.

Well proof reading can solve the first problem.

Listening rather than discounting off hand my explanation would solve the second. The banner was to celebrate the end of the ship's deployment. That speech was to announce the end of full-scale military action. The war was shifting into a new phase. Rebuilding and recovery, starting a new life for 25 million Iraqis, a new government free of tyranny.

There was no spin to it. I've been on 2 deployments on an Aircraft Carrier myself. I have planned missions while in Special Ops. I know the terminology.

Nice run-on sentence.

Listening rather than discounting off hand my explanation would solve the second. The banner was to celebrate the end of the ship's deployment. That speech was to announce the end of full-scale military action. The war was shifting into a new phase. Rebuilding and recovery, starting a new life for 25 million Iraqis, a new government free of tyranny.

There was no spin to it. I've been on 2 deployments on an Aircraft Carrier myself. I have planned missions while in Special Ops. I know the terminology.

Well you not being a desperate hack trying to score points by attacking me over a run on sentence will solve it more efficiently.

Your OPINIONS are just your OPINIONS unless you have something of substance to add to them they are worthless. Furthermore, the fact is that the actual content of bush's speech show that it was much more than what you were claiming it was.

Unlike you I actually use the content of the speech to back up my arguments where as all that you have to offer is a repeat of the same baseless opinions you presented previously.

again your alleged experiences do nothing the validate or substantiate your OPINIONS so it's pointless to brag about them. What did mccain say about real heros and how they don't brag?

BTW, the end of one phase in a war is not an end to major combat operations nor is it a sign of success in the war as a whole. He was the QB grandstanding because we had a good 1st quarter. The "game" was not yet over and it was a little early to "spike the ball" don't you think?

p.s. I served in the army but unlike you I don't brag about it constantly in a desperate attempt to validate my opinions.

Well you not being a desperate hack trying to score points by attacking me over a run on sentence will solve it more efficiently.

Your OPINIONS are just your OPINIONS unless you have something of substance to add to them they are worthless. Furthermore, the fact is that the actual content of bush's speech show that it was much more than what you were claiming it was.

Unlike you I actually use the content of the speech to back up my arguments where as all that you have to offer is a repeat of the same baseless opinions you presented previously.

again your alleged experiences do nothing the validate or substantiate your OPINIONS so it's pointless to brag about them. What did mccain say about real heros and how they don't brag?

BTW, the end of one phase in a war is not an end to major combat operations nor is it a sign of success in the war as a whole. He was the QB grandstanding because we had a good 1st quarter. The "game" was not yet over and it was a little early to "spike the ball" don't you think?

p.s. I served in the army but unlike you I don't brag about it constantly in a desperate attempt to validate my opinions.

What type of units did you serve in? I won't call you a braggert for listing them.

And you asked for something concrete. I applied my experience and knowledge to the explanation. Sorry if that offends you. I could have gone into more detail but felt it wasn't necessary.

Fact is my evidence is from my personal experience and you are going off bogus media reports. They are intended for folks who don't want to think, just react.

What 'Gutsy Call'?: CIA Memo Reveals Admiral Controlled bin Laden Mission

Admiral-Special-ops-may-expand-role-6QV5MP4-x-large.jpg

Obama simply gave the go-ahead and was prepared to throw Adm William H. McRaven under the bus if anything when wrong. What was labelled a gusty call turns out to be barely a nod from a President that at the same moment was prepared to cast blame on the man put in charge of the mission using him in typical Obama fashion as a fall-guy.

How many of you even know who this guy is? Well, if proper credit had been given you would have known a lot about the man who took control of the mission and saw it through to it's successful conclusion. He should have been the one to make the announcement that Bin Laden was ether killed or captured.

During Desert Storm we became familiar with Gen Norman Schwartzkopf giving regular mission statements. George H. W. Bush allowed the General to take some of the glory. This is what good leaders do. Obama would have none of it. Instead he rushed in front of the cameras and hogged all of the glory for himself. The real heroes were essentially an after-thought. It would have been quite a different story if the mission had imploded and been a disaster similar to the failed Desert One debacle that took place just over 32 years ago in the desert sands of Tabas, Iran.

President Obama made the right call to give the green light to the mission. But he did it in a way that he could shift the blame if things went wrong. Typical Obama. And typical of him to claim full credit for it, when he didn’t do anything but give a vague nod, while putting his top military officials at risk of taking the hit in case of a bad turn. What 'Gutsy Call'?: CIA Memo Reveals Admiral Controlled bin Laden Mission

This now famous photo in the White House war-room was simply a publicity photo taken during the wrap up of the mission. Notice Obama almost hiding because the final word on the mission was still pending. Everyone who was anyone showed up for this photo-op which surely would not have been released had the mission gone bad.

Screen%20Shot%2020120426%20at%20105809%20AM.png

Links
http://patdollard.s3.amazonaws.com/...ecial-ops-may-expand-role-6QV5MP4-x-large.jpg
http://timeswampland.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/memo.jpg
William H. McRaven - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Operation Eagle Claw - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You obviously do not read much. He was involved in the planning and examining all possible was it could have been accomplished..

Yo.............Pud Whistler..........here's a copy of the unedited transcript of the speech Jr. gave on the deck of the carrier, with a link so that you can read the rest as well........

In this battle, we have fought for the cause of liberty and for the peace of the world. Our nation and our coalition are proud of this accomplishment, yet it is you, the members of the United States military, who achieved it. Your courage, your willingness to face danger for your country and for each other made this day possible.

Because of you our nation is more secure. Because of you the tyrant has fallen and Iraq is free.

Operation Iraqi Freedom was carried out with a combination of precision and speed and boldness the enemy did not expect and the world had not seen before.
From distant bases or ships at sea, we sent planes and missiles that could destroy an enemy division or strike a single bunker. Marines and soldiers charged to Baghdad across 350 miles of hostile ground in one of the swiftest advances of heavy arms in history.

You have shown the world the skill and the might of the American armed forces.

Bush makes historic speech aboard warship - CNN

Operation Iraqi Freedom didn't end on May 1st, 2003, which is when the speech was given.

What type of units did you serve in? I won't call you a braggert for listing them.

And you asked for something concrete. I applied my experience and knowledge to the explanation. Sorry if that offends you. I could have gone into more detail but felt it wasn't necessary.

Fact is my evidence is from my personal experience and you are going off bogus media reports. They are intended for folks who don't want to think, just react.

Your socalled experience and knowledge cannot be verified therefore it is nothing but baseless opinion. Even if taken at your word you have no personal knoweldge of what the actual intent was so your personal experience is worthless as it is applied to this instance. That is why I rely on the content of the speech and not a baseless opinion.

The fact that you continue to ignore the actual content of what W actually said as you ramble on about your perosonal but nonapplicable experience shows that you are not interested in discussing the facts. Your OPINIONS are not concrete.

Still no comments on the fact that W claimed it was the end of major combat operations in iraq?? Why do you continue to pretend that W didn't say that?

Last edited:
Yo.............Pud Whistler..........here's a copy of the unedited transcript of the speech Jr. gave on the deck of the carrier, with a link so that you can read the rest as well........

In this battle, we have fought for the cause of liberty and for the peace of the world. Our nation and our coalition are proud of this accomplishment, yet it is you, the members of the United States military, who achieved it. Your courage, your willingness to face danger for your country and for each other made this day possible.

Because of you our nation is more secure. Because of you the tyrant has fallen and Iraq is free.

Operation Iraqi Freedom was carried out with a combination of precision and speed and boldness the enemy did not expect and the world had not seen before.
From distant bases or ships at sea, we sent planes and missiles that could destroy an enemy division or strike a single bunker. Marines and soldiers charged to Baghdad across 350 miles of hostile ground in one of the swiftest advances of heavy arms in history.

Operation Iraqi Freedom didn't end on May 1st, 2003, which is when the speech was given.

I see nothing in the speech that says the war has been won and the operation has ended completely.

I can't count how many times he said the mission had changed but the battle was yet to be won. It would be long and difficult.

Tell me I'm wrong and you'd be lying.

Last edited:

I see not in the speech that says the war has been won and the operation has ended completely.

I can't count how many times he said the mission had changed but the battle was yet to be won. It would be long and difficult.

Tell me I'm and you'd be lying.

"Admiral Kelly, Captain Card, officers and sailors of the USS Abraham Lincoln, my fellow Americans, major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed."

oops
I guess you missed that again? lol

Based on the fact that you apparently can't read it's really no surprise that you can't count either.

p.s. again without substance to support them your OPINIONS are baseless. but thanks for sharing. lol

Forum List

Back