Obame re: guns" "I am constrained by a system that the Founders put in place"

Few of our laws eliminate the problem they are designed to remove, but the goal of the laws is to reduce the numbers of the problem. Does safety glass or air bags in autos eliminate head injuries, of course not but they do reduce the number and severity of the head injuries. We will not eliminate gun slayings in the US but perhaps we can reduce the number of the slayings? Do we need all these gun murders in the United States to keep a well armed National Guard or to allow Uncle Ned to shoot a deer?

Bullets aren't even part of the gun. Please try again.

Plus, you could still make your own bullets, but that would eliminate so many people from being able to shoot, so it would still be good.

Plus, the laws we have now aren't working, can we agree on that?
Oh, and ban assault weapons outright, there's no need for that. Anyways, the right to bear arms doesn't say the right to bear any motherfucking weapon that you want. You'd still have the right to bear arms.
their not?.....what was a gun made to do?.....and without those "parts" can it do what it was made for?...and if Bullets are banned and you make your own.....are you still not breaking the law?....
Banning ammunition does not violate the 2nd amendment just like banning words does not violate the 1st.
:dunno:

then i guess that would be something for the courts to decide.....without the thing that a gun was made to shoot you are infringing on that persons right to have a gun.....because you have just made what he has a right to own.....useless......so i guess they would have to decide what the word INFRINGE means in this case.....Infringe--to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another......here you are Violating the rights of a legal gun owner by banning the thing he needs to have a functioning gun....

Why don't you inform SCOTUS of their error because in Heller they ruled that the right to keep and bear arms included a right to have a loaded and fully functional arm, stricking down a law which required the firearm to be unloaded and locked up. Here is their address and phone #:

1 First St NE Washington, DC 20543
(202) 479-3000

I am sure that SCOTUS will be so impressed with your reasoning skills that the will revise their ruling right away. Good luck!:eusa_whistle:

If SCOTUS weren't a huge sack of windfarts, they'd strike down the 2nd amendment as being unconstitutional.
And if the US wasn't full of morons, we could get the 2nd amendment repealed anyways.
Waddaya gonna do? :dunno:

If SCOTUS weren't a huge sack of windfarts, they'd strike down the 2nd amendment as being unconstitutional.

Obviously, you are the foremost legal scholar of our age... perhaps of any age!! I mean really, who would have thunk that a portion of the Constitution could be ruled as unconstitutional???:clap2::clap2:

You should contact SCOTUS right away!!!

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Why don't you inform SCOTUS of their error because in Heller they ruled that the right to keep and bear arms included a right to have a loaded and fully functional arm, stricking down a law which required the firearm to be unloaded and locked up. Here is their address and phone #:

(202) 479-3000

I am sure that SCOTUS will be so impressed with your reasoning skills that the will revise their ruling right away. Good luck!:eusa_whistle:

And if the US wasn't full of morons, we could get the 2nd amendment repealed anyways.

I think we have a winner for one of the dumbest statements ever on USMB.

their not?.....what was a gun made to do?.....and without those "parts" can it do what it was made for?...and if Bullets are banned and you make your own.....are you still not breaking the law?....
Banning ammunition does not violate the 2nd amendment just like banning words does not violate the 1st.
:dunno:

then i guess that would be something for the courts to decide.....without the thing that a gun was made to shoot you are infringing on that persons right to have a gun.....because you have just made what he has a right to own.....useless......so i guess they would have to decide what the word INFRINGE means in this case.....Infringe--to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another......here you are Violating the rights of a legal gun owner by banning the thing he needs to have a functioning gun....
The point is that words are as integral to the right to free sppech as ammunition is to the right to arms; the idea that you can ban either is equalliy inane.

(202) 479-3000

This is the God-awful dumbest thing ever posted anywhere on this board.
Congrats.
:clap2:

(202) 479-3000

the 2nd Amendment may have been forged with people like you in mind....just sayin....

(202) 479-3000

the 2nd Amendment may have been forged with people like you in mind....just sayin....

The 2nd amendment was to fend off redcoats and indians. There's no need today for a well armed militia... today. Like I said, if the US wasn't full of retards, we could get the 2nd amendment erased and start to regulate guns, like a sane country would.
It also says in the constitution that we're one nation under god, and even dumber proposition than the 2nd amendment.

The 2nd amendment was to fend off redcoats and indians. There's no need today for a well armed militia... today. Like I said, if the US wasn't full of retards, we could get the 2nd amendment erased and start to regulate guns, like a sane country would.
It also says in the constitution that we're one nation under god, and even dumber proposition than the 2nd amendment.

Actually that's the Pledge of Allegiance (the existence of which is an oddity in itself), and the phrase was only injected in there later, during the communist witch-hunt hysteria.

But point taken; it's always a good idea to make laws, policies and legal guidelines in times of hysteria (/sarc) :D

The 2nd amendment was to fend off redcoats and indians. There's no need today for a well armed militia... today.

Well, even if true, and as I said before, that is a reason to repeal the 2nd Amend ... it is not a reason to ignore the 2nd Amend

Here is all you have to do... first convince 2/3rds of the Senate and 2/3rds of the House to propose a Constitutional Amendment to the states repealing the 2nd Amend.. Once you have done that, you need only convince 38 states to ratify the proposed amendment and your job is done. Quite simple really and layed out in full in Article V of the Constitution.

I understand the the US Senate may have some extra time on their hands as they could not round up even 40 senators to support an Assault Weapons Ban. You should contact Harry Reid right away, as I am sure Harry is anxious for the Democratic Party to come out in support of the repeal of the 2nd Amend .

GOOD LUCK!!!

You must be looking at a different version of the Constitution than I am. Perhaps your version explains how a part of the Constitution is unconstitutional because that is not in my version either? Does your version of the Constitution also say it is "indivisable with liberty and justice for all"?

then on page 2, post #28, Dante posted a link to a Wikipedia page with actual quotes
.................... where did Dante lie about or even discuss the 3/5ths?

Actually, Dainty, you brainless dildo, you brought it up AGAIN here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/7045539-post87.html

I replied to that since YOU had ignorantly, stupidly and erroneously suggested that I was mistaken about the 3/5ths compromise.

I wasn't, of course.

It was indeed a compromise (about slaves and the COUNTING of slaves as part of the enumeration). And it was intended (not by the Southern contingent, of course, you dishonest twat) as a stop gap measure to help allow for the creation of the Constitution whilst laying some groundwork for the possible future eradication of slavery.

Always happy to correct your numerous errors and misrepresentations and deflection efforts, you pitiable twit.

:D :thup:

In 1903 the Dick Act repealed the militia Act of 1799 and replaced the militia with the National Guard.

In 1903 the Dick Act repealed the militia Act of 1799 and replaced the militia with the National Guard.
False. The NG is part of the militia.

Obama: ?I Am Constrained By A System That Our Founders Put In Place? « CBS DC
Thank God for that.

Did it ever occur to the Incompetent-in-Chief, or any of His useful idiot supporters, that the constitution was created for very purpose of keeping the government from running roughshod over the rights of the people?

Must realy suck for Him, not being able to dictate His agenda.

They know that, but are looking for a way around that as we speak. I am waiting for Obama to say that most people want him to take guns, so he is obligated. Then he and his liberal judges will interpret the constitution to support him.

We've already heard mumblings about the constitution being imperfect, outdated and such. And with Obama's intention of fundamentally changing this country, you realize that has to start with the constitution. It's under attack, no doubt, and this administration has the audacity to think they are smarter than our founding fathers. We're being run by narcissists.

Attachments

• $522444_10151611591602650_741631579_n.jpg
    $522444_10151611591602650_741631579_n.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 26

not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-really-stupid.jpg

When not called into federal service the National Guard is a militia. When called into federal service, the National Guard is part of the regular armed forces. See, Perpich v Dept of Defense As such the NG is a hybrid entity, at times a militia and at other times not a militia. The state defense forces authorized under 32 USC 109(c) are true "well regulated militias" in existence today. Without 32 USC 109(c) and the existence of these state defense forces, the Dick Act would probably be unconstitutional.

BTW, it is the Militia Act of 1792, not 1799

Last edited:
The 2nd amendment was to fend off redcoats and indians. There's no need today for a well armed militia... today.

Well, even if true, and as I said before, that is a reason to repeal the 2nd Amend ... it is not a reason to ignore the 2nd Amend

Here is all you have to do... first convince 2/3rds of the Senate and 2/3rds of the House to propose a Constitutional Amendment to the states repealing the 2nd Amend.. Once you have done that, you need only convince 38 states to ratify the proposed amendment and your job is done. Quite simple really and layed out in full in Article V of the Constitution.

I understand the the US Senate may have some extra time on their hands as they could not round up even 40 senators to support an Assault Weapons Ban. You should contact Harry Reid right away, as I am sure Harry is anxious for the Democratic Party to come out in support of the repeal of the 2nd Amend .

GOOD LUCK!!!

You must be looking at a different version of the Constitution than I am. Perhaps your version explains how a part of the Constitution is unconstitutional because that is not in my version either? Does your version of the Constitution also say it is "indivisable with liberty and justice for all"?

Like I said, we're a nation of retards, we can't even ban assault weapons.

The 2nd amendment is in conflict with "liberty" because you can't have true liberty in a society that threatens you with guns constantly, thus, something is unconstitutional.

Forum List

Back