Obstruction of Justice Thread and Poll

Does not colluding with Russia make Trump guilty of obstruction of justice?

• Yes

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Pub Duppe

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Russia Russia Russia

Votes: 26 54.2%

• Total voters
Firing the guy directing the investigation into Trump’s campaign and it’s dealings with Russia to influence (i.e. win) an election does.
The issue of obstruction of justice is so obvious, it is amazing that the rightwingers on this board don't get it.

Definition: the crime or act of willfully interfering with the process of justice and law especially by influencing, threatening, harming, or impeding a witness, potential witness, juror, or judicial or legal officer or by furnishing false information in or otherwise impeding an investigation or legal process ...

Trump tried to impede the investigation into Flynn's Russia connection by asking Comey to backoff. When Comey didn't back off, he fired him. He was trying to influence and impede the investigation and the legal process. His telling Comey he 'hoped' he could let the investigation go and at the same time asking Comey if he wanted to keep his job was a threat. When Comey didn't back off, he fired him.

It's really very obvious to anyone who can think about it in an unbiased way. If your boss 'suggested' you stop doing something and you continued to do it, and then he/she fired you, you would believe you were fired for not doing what the boss wanted, especially if up until that time he/she had nothing but praise for you.

This is a legal issue, you clearly do not have a legal mind. Thank goodness I am here to help you out. Here is what a famous (liberal) legal mind thinks about your obstruction charge- your welcome.

Dershowitz, also a criminal law expert and the author of more than 30 books, said, “The president could have told Comey, you are commanded, directed, to drop the prosecution against Flynn. The president has the right to do that. Comey acknowledges that. He says in the statement that historically, historically presidents have done that to the Justice Department."

“But in the last few years, we've had a tradition of separation, but that tradition doesn't create crime," said Dershowitz. "Remember also what the president could have done. He could have said to Comey, stop this investigation, I am now pardoning Flynn."
Liberal Dershowitz on Trump: It's Not 'Obstruction,' There's No 'Crime'

Dershowitz is not the authority on this issue.
None of us are the authority on this issue either, so let's close this tread.

Or we could ALL site people who could be considered authorities on the matter. I've sited one. Anybody else got one?

Sure did get quiet in here. I guess popeye ran out of spinach

I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI director, Witchhunt. - Donald J.Trump

he's playing you fool. way to bite.

Popeye says not to listen to Donald Trumps tweets. That they're full of lies. Way to go.
I did? hmm putting words in my mouth, I think I'll report that one.

Trump leaked the FBI investigation.
of what?

The FBI investigation of Donald J. Trump.
there isn't one, did you miss that comey testimony? hmmmmm It was very well reported. funny, here I thought you were in touch!!!

There is now. And Trump just leaked it.

I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI director, Witchhunt. - Donald J.Trump
Trump just leaked it?

It's been in the news for how long, and Trump JUST leaked it?

interesting

Firing the guy directing the investigation into Trump’s campaign and it’s dealings with Russia to influence (i.e. win) an election does.
The issue of obstruction of justice is so obvious, it is amazing that the rightwingers on this board don't get it.

Definition: the crime or act of willfully interfering with the process of justice and law especially by influencing, threatening, harming, or impeding a witness, potential witness, juror, or judicial or legal officer or by furnishing false information in or otherwise impeding an investigation or legal process ...

Trump tried to impede the investigation into Flynn's Russia connection by asking Comey to backoff. When Comey didn't back off, he fired him. He was trying to influence and impede the investigation and the legal process. His telling Comey he 'hoped' he could let the investigation go and at the same time asking Comey if he wanted to keep his job was a threat. When Comey didn't back off, he fired him.

It's really very obvious to anyone who can think about it in an unbiased way. If your boss 'suggested' you stop doing something and you continued to do it, and then he/she fired you, you would believe you were fired for not doing what the boss wanted, especially if up until that time he/she had nothing but praise for you.

This is a legal issue, you clearly do not have a legal mind. Thank goodness I am here to help you out. Here is what a famous (liberal) legal mind thinks about your obstruction charge- your welcome.

Dershowitz, also a criminal law expert and the author of more than 30 books, said, “The president could have told Comey, you are commanded, directed, to drop the prosecution against Flynn. The president has the right to do that. Comey acknowledges that. He says in the statement that historically, historically presidents have done that to the Justice Department."

“But in the last few years, we've had a tradition of separation, but that tradition doesn't create crime," said Dershowitz. "Remember also what the president could have done. He could have said to Comey, stop this investigation, I am now pardoning Flynn."

None of us are the authority on this issue either, so let's close this tread.

Or we could ALL site people who could be considered authorities on the matter. I've sited one. Anybody else got one?
I agree with Dershowitz.

Trump leaked the FBI investigation.
of what?

The FBI investigation of Donald J. Trump.
there isn't one, did you miss that comey testimony? hmmmmm It was very well reported. funny, here I thought you were in touch!!!

There is now. And Trump just leaked it.

Trump just leaked it?

It's been in the news for how long, and Trump JUST leaked it?

interesting
the dude isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Popeye says not to listen to Donald Trumps tweets. That they're full of lies. Way to go.

Bookmark this post when you do.

already done son. you don't get to put words into my posts.

Then you'll notice the quote box wasn't altered, nor my description of your stupidity put in quotes.

Even though you claimed Trump wasn't under investigation, Trump just tweeted (leaked) that he was.

And you're too stupid to retract your claim Trump isn't under investigation by the FBI.

No doubt it could only increase your IQ

Ahh, I guess according to you Esmeralda is a more reliable authority. Interesting you chose not to site another constitutional legal expert as a source.

The man investigating Trump is a lawyer. So his opinion cancels out Dershowitz's opinion.

Ahh, I guess according to you Esmeralda is a more reliable authority. Interesting you chose not to site another constitutional legal expert as a source.

The man investigating Trump is a lawyer. So his opinion cancels out Dershowitz's opinion.

Great, let's see what he finds. I'm not opposed to Trump being investigated, or any other dirt bag politician (they are all dirt bags btw). It just amuses me that we have posters here with no evidence claiming obstruction.

Then you'll notice the quote box wasn't altered, nor my description of your stupidity put in quotes.

Even though you claimed Trump wasn't under investigation, Trump just tweeted (leaked) that he was.

And you're too stupid to retract your claim Trump isn't under investigation by the FBI.
he isn't the director of the FBI stated so under oath. I don't need anything else. thanks. any comments after that are made up fake news. just like that same director said under oath.

no one is investigating trump didn't you pay attention to the comey testimony? wow, you guys sure are stupid. it's in the transcripts I will post those if you need me to.

It just amuses me that we have posters here with no evidence claiming obstruction.

Tellng people to stop the investigation of Flynn, and firing those who didn't get the hint hint wink wink, is clearly obstruction of a criminal investigation.

It just amuses me that we have posters here with no evidence claiming obstruction.

Tellng people to stop the investigation of Flynn, and firing those who didn't get the hint hint wink wink, is clearly obstruction of a criminal investigation.
it is based on what? and why wasn't the president arrested then? I mean you made that statement rather strongly. so why isn't he arrested? BTW, you know obummer did the same thing when he was in office.

he isn't the director of the FBI stated so under oath. I don't need anything else. thanks. any comments after that are made up fake news. just like that same director said under oath.

Perhaps you don't know about the flow of time. Sessions said that a week ago, Trump said he was under investigation this morning.

Perhaps you don't know about the flow of time. Sessions said that a week ago, Trump said he was under investigation this morning.
I'm not worried about what trump says, I'm watching the guys hired to do investigating and they have said no such thing. so the president could be implying he didn't like what happened with the new anonymous source in the WA post. maybe? the fact is comey stated no investigation of trump under oath. so until someone investigating says trump is under investigation he isn't.

Last edited:
it is based on what? and why wasn't the president arrested then? I mean you made that statement rather strongly. so why isn't he arrested? BTW, you know obummer did the same thing when he was in office.

You need to read the constitution, the president is immune from legal prosecution while in office. Take a civics course, get your GED, or just read the Constitution before making a fool of youself.

Forum List

Back