Occupy Wall Street: The Movement Grows

On "Today" it was reported this morning that 800 "OWS" protests are planned for today WORLDWIDE!

If the Democrats are really behind this movement expect 2012 to be a D tsunami here in the US.

Notwithstanding the New Right propaganda most people do not trust banks or insurance companies, most Americans and citizens of the world understand the role played by the financial 'services' industry in creating and profitting from the economic crisis.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Yes a tsunami that will bury the democrats perhaps for a generation. The same way the anti war riots buried the democrats and gave Nixon a landslide in 1968 the democrats will be ended, in the senate, the congess and the presidency.

• Thanks
Occupy Wall Street More Popular Than Tea Party? | Mediaite | Mediaite

"The poll asked people to identify which faction of government best represents their views. 30% identified with Democrats, while 17% said Republicans and 12% went with the Tea Party."

I disagree with the article's follow up conclusion lumping the TP in with the GOP and claiming on that basis that the two are evenly split 30-29. Tea Party believers are often highly critical of the GOP and their votes are not something Republicans can count on. Not that they're likely to vote Democratic, but they may well vote third party or stay home if dissatisfied with the GOP candidate in a given race.

"When asked for their view of the Tea Party, 27% of the respondents went with favorable, while 33% said it was unfavorable. When asked about the Occupy Wall Street movement, 54% looked at it as favorable, while 23% viewed it as unfavorable. In short, twice as many respondents viewed OWS as the favorable movement.

"Digging even deeper into the numbers, the Tea Party was more hated (24% “very unfavorable” to OWS’ 13% “very unfavorable”), while OWS was more readily embraced (25% “very favorable” against the Tea Party’s 8% “very favorable”)."

That has to be why the Tea Party swept the last congressional elections. They aren't very popular.

That has to be why the Tea Party swept the last congressional elections. They aren't very popular.

Well, to begin with you're exaggerating; it was the Republicans who swept the elections. Most Republicans elected were not Tea Party candidates. In fact, there were at least three Senate races that the GOP lost with TP candidates that they would have won with someone more mainstream: Delaware, Colorado, and Nevada.

The main reason that the Republicans won last year is because many of the progressive voters who elected Obama in 2008 stayed home. That same critique of the GOP from the Tea Party has a mirror on the left.

Remember, voter turnout was only 41%. So the Republicans won the votes of only slightly more than 20% of the electorate. That's hardly a mandate, nor a reason to conclude that they're popular.

I'm willing to go with a vote. Democrats won't. The democrats will claim that every election lost was because of fraud or illegality. Every state will be a Florida. The democrats have the black panthers who will enjoy manning polling sites. Although, this time it might be different.

Yes, it's a shame that the republicans lost three elections. Considering that they won so many, it hardly stung at all. Next time, its Congress, the Senate and the Presidency! It's time to clean house and fumigate.

I'm willing to go with a vote. Democrats won't. The democrats will claim that every election lost was because of fraud or illegality.

I don't remember that being claimed about 1980, 1984, 1988, or 2004. Or 2010 for that matter.

It was claimed about 2000 because that was true.

Why not include other elections as well? How many elections have democrats tried to overturn. Sometimes successfully.

On "Today" it was reported this morning that 800 "OWS" protests are planned for today WORLDWIDE!

If the Democrats are really behind this movement expect 2012 to be a D tsunami here in the US.

Notwithstanding the New Right propaganda most people do not trust banks or insurance companies, most Americans and citizens of the world understand the role played by the financial 'services' industry in creating and profitting from the economic crisis.

Never fear we get it. Democrats are 'joined at the hip" with the COWS.. and you will pay the piper.. the piper is a capitalist btw..

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Thanks
Meanwhile, even as this evil regime moans about unemployment and personal losses, the administration takes concrete steps to exacerbate the losses. Raise taxes, increase regulations, or, as in the case of Gibson Guitar manufacturers DEMAND that it move out of the country.

Raising taxes and increasing regulations do not cause loss of jobs. Companies hire because they have customers they can't serve with the staff hey have already. If the demand exists to justify it, they will hire, taxes or no taxes, regs or no regs. If it isn't, they won't -- taxes or no taxes, regs or no regs.

Right-wing economics is a lie.

As for Gibson, I remind you that treaties are incorporated into U.S. law and the government is responsible for enforcing the law.

The democrats are arsonists, burning down the national house so it can complain about the ashes.

Isn't this thread supposed to be about Occupy Wall Street? Why are you talking about the Democrats?

You trying to tell us that OWS is validation of love for Pelosi/Reid/Schumer/Frank et al?

That would be funnier than the Onion story.. And BTW -- the scorn for this "movement" is being earned every day that it goes on and this MOB can't articulate and publish any REAL detailed demands or suggestions.. 30 days and we know what exactly? Useless idiots..

The main reason that the Republicans won last year is because many of the progressive voters who elected Obama in 2008 stayed home..

Wrong again, Cheech. The democrats received their historic beat down because so many of the people who bought into the 'hopey-changey' thing were pissed when they realized how badly they'd been sold a bill of goods. When they saw just how corrupt, arrogant, and out of touch the gangsters they'd put into office really were, huge majorities of Americans (real ones, not the irrelevant emos on the far left) spoke up and said, "Oh hell no, fuck this shit."

"Never fear we get it. Democrats are 'joined at the hip" with the COWS.. and you will pay the piper.. the piper is a capitalist btw.."

If the Democrats are "joined at the hip' with those protesting the nonfeasance and misfeasance of Wall Street bankers and brokers, Repulicans are "joined" at the wallet with the white collar criminals known as the masters of the universe.

Last edited:
Why not include other elections as well? How many elections have democrats tried to overturn. Sometimes successfully.

Very rarely and never at the presidential level. In fact, if I'm not mistaken only two elections were ever settled by negotiation and/or recount at the presidential level, and in both cases the winner was a Republican.

Most elections just aren't close enough for fraud to be possible. Only two in my lifetime, 1960 and 2000. Since World War II, we can add 1952, 1956, 1968, and 1972 as Republican victories that were unchallenged, along with the ones I already listed.

• Thanks

"Never fear we get it. Democrats are 'joined at the hip" with the COWS.. and you will pay the piper.. the piper is a capitalist btw.."

If the Democrats are "joined at the hip' with those protesting the nonfeasance and misfeasance of Wall Street bankers and brokers, Repulicans are "joined" at the wallet with the white collar criminals known as the masters of the universe.

Name the white collar criminals and list the crimes, punishment and arrest warrants.. we'll wait. :eusa_whistle:

Name the white collar criminals and list the crimes, punishment and arrest warrants.. we'll wait. :eusa_whistle:

I'd like to see the pure connections of both. So far all I see is words.

I see the logic but not applied.

If = "If the Democrats are "joined at the hip' with those protesting the nonfeasance and misfeasance of Wall Street bankers and brokers,"

Then = "Repulicans are "joined" at the wallet with the white collar criminals known as the masters of the universe."

But no logic or information to show it is anything more than unsubstantiated opinion with a premise and no posit of support.

Why did I read it then? I didn't know it was that as I had thought there would be some support for the logic.

Not...

I went to an Occupy rally today............

I went to see who was there..........

I noticed several of the local leading democrats and a leading Green party member.

There wasn't much of a crowd.
DSCF1368.jpg

There were some protesting Fracking.
DSCF1366.jpg

They had a table set up so if you forgot your sign or what you were protesting you could pick one.
DSCF1364.jpg

They were protesting war........
DSCF1363.jpg

They were unionized and patriotic.
DSCF1360.jpg

They like the Tea Party.
DSCF1358.jpg

Did I mention they were Unionized? (And I wonder what Corporation made those shirts?)
DSCF1356.jpg

It was projected that there would be at least 300 people there. I don't think they made it.
DSCF1353.jpg

Anyone notice what you don't see?

Forum List

Back