Ocean acidification

Gsuck still thinks I"m lying, too funny :lol: making more of an ass out of himself with every post.

Guess you come from the school of USMB logic, whatever you say is truth, regardless of anything to back it up.

Desperation.... Take a good look above....

Desperation - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Main Entry: des·per·a·tion
Pronunciation: \ˌdes-pə-ˈrā-shən\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 : loss of hope and surrender to despair
2 : a state of hopelessness leading to rashness

Use desperation in a sentence | desperation sentence examples

desperation sentence examples

• Don't apologize for your age, lack of recent relevant experience, and do not convey desperation.
  • With increasing desperation are they are trying to find ways of getting you to pay for their party.
  • Out of his predicament grew desperation, out of desperation grew resentment.

Nice work junior.... Now run along and play DR. somewhere with more gullible people..........:lol::lol::lol:

Does somebody have a hatchet and a tree stump to stop these chicken littles from squawking? I mean my GOD!

First it was DDT.
Then it was the Population bomb.
Then it was the coming Ice Age.
Then it was peak oil.
Then it was acid rain.
Then it was Nuclear Power.
Then it was the Greenhouse effect.
Then it was CFCs and the Ozone Hole.
Then it was Global Warming.
Then it was Climate Change.

NOW.... NOW... for fuck's sake it's OCEAN ACIDIFICATION!!!!

Oh but they have charts and graphs and dim bulb scientists who wanna be faaaaaamous and come up with half assed pseudo science to make it look like the world's going to end tomorrow. Jeebus H Criminy! Are you guys sitting too close to your cyclotrons?!? Do you need another hobby??? What the hell is WRONG with you idiots?!?

The world's not going to end tomorrow by anything you can predict today. Maybe bam we get popped by a meteor out of the blue or Yellowstone explodes in some sillyassed fear mongering made for ratings "science" show on the History Channel, Volcano. But the chances of that are so astronomical, you may as well believe that we evolved from random chemical combinations somewhere in the far far distant past.

(secretary whispers in hear) uh huh... uh huh... oh really? (looks shocked at you Chicken Littles) No come on... they really?... Wow. And they think intelligent creation is impossible too huh? Wow. No wonder.

Nevermind, it has just been determined you people cannot survive by your wits alone and should be kept away from power tools, the press and positions of responsibility... for the rest of our safety. Go do whatever you want, over there. I'll even give you some nice blasting caps and plastic bags to play with.

Ta ta!

LOL. I guess you are unable to see how extremely idiotic you posts make you look. How far is your head shoved up your ass anyway? It seems likely that you can tickle your tonsils when you wiggle your ears.

In the real world, nobody takes someone like you seriously, you know uneducated in the field and spouting things on an internet forum with no actual data to back it up.

What fantasy world do you live in?

Quiet basement boy, no one cares what a fake has to say....
Which is exactly why no one cares what you say...besides, of course, the fact that everything you say is complete bullshit.

As far as my education, I didn't say what my education was, I just told you what it wasn't.... Don't go jumping to conclusions or trying to appear better or smarter here dumazz, it would be a bad move for you trust me:cuckoo:
LOL. Oh, we can all tell what your education was, gslackjawed. It is obvious that you flunked out of the fourth grade and never went back. But don't feel too bad about that. Most imbiciles with brain damage as bad as yours only make it to the third grade.

Does somebody have a hatchet and a tree stump to stop these chicken littles from squawking? I mean my GOD!

First it was DDT.
Then it was peak oil.
Then it was acid rain.

Oh but they have charts and graphs and dim bulb scientists who wanna be faaaaaamous and come up with half assed pseudo science to make it look like the world's going to end tomorrow. Jeebus H Criminy! Are you guys sitting too close to your cyclotrons?!? Do you need another hobby??? What the hell is WRONG with you idiots?!?

The world's not going to end tomorrow by anything you can predict today. Maybe bam we get popped by a meteor out of the blue or Yellowstone explodes in some sillyassed fear mongering made for ratings "science" show on the History Channel, Volcano. But the chances of that are so astronomical, you may as well believe that we evolved from random chemical combinations somewhere in the far far distant past.

(secretary whispers in hear) uh huh... uh huh... oh really? (looks shocked at you Chicken Littles) No come on... they really?... Wow. And they think intelligent creation is impossible too huh? Wow. No wonder.

Nevermind, it has just been determined you people cannot survive by your wits alone and should be kept away from power tools, the press and positions of responsibility... for the rest of our safety. Go do whatever you want, over there. I'll even give you some nice blasting caps and plastic bags to play with.

Ta ta!

LOL. I guess you are unable to see how extremely idiotic you posts make you look. How far is your head shoved up your ass anyway? It seems likely that you can tickle your tonsils when you wiggle your ears.
Hmmmm who's sock puppet or seminar poster are you I wonder? Cubemate of the usual suspects at the Daily Kos or American's Coming Together or the SEIU put a troll center together?

Or do you have something real to offer?

Anthropogenic ocean acidification over the twenty-first century and its impact on calcifying organisms : Abstract : Nature

Anthropogenic ocean acidification over the twenty-first century and its impact on calcifying organisms

James C. Orr1, Victoria J. Fabry2, Olivier Aumont3, Laurent Bopp1, Scott C. Doney4, Richard A. Feely5, Anand Gnanadesikan6, Nicolas Gruber7, Akio Ishida8, Fortunat Joos9, Robert M. Key10, Keith Lindsay11, Ernst Maier-Reimer12, Richard Matear13, Patrick Monfray1,19, Anne Mouchet14, Raymond G. Najjar15, Gian-Kasper Plattner7,9, Keith B. Rodgers1,16,19, Christopher L. Sabine5, Jorge L. Sarmiento10, Reiner Schlitzer17, Richard D. Slater10, Ian J. Totterdell18,19, Marie-France Weirig17, Yasuhiro Yamanaka8 & Andrew Yool18

Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement, UMR CEA-CNRS, CEA Saclay, F-91191 Gif-sur-Yvette, France
Department of Biological Sciences, California State University San Marcos, San Marcos, California 92096-0001, USA
Laboratoire d'Océanographie et du Climat: Expérimentations et Approches Numériques (LOCEAN), Centre IRD de Bretagne, F-29280 Plouzané, France
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, Massachusetts 02543-1543, USA
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)/Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory, Seattle, Washington 98115-6349, USA
NOAA/Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory, Princeton, New Jersey 08542, USA
Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095-4996, USA
Frontier Research Center for Global Change, Yokohama 236-0001, Japan
Climate and Environmental Physics, Physics Institute, University of Bern, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland
Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (AOS) Program, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544-0710, USA
National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000, USA
Max Planck Institut für Meteorologie, D-20146 Hamburg, Germany
CSIRO Marine Research and Antarctic Climate and Ecosystems CRC, Hobart, Tasmania 7001, Australia
Astrophysics and Geophysics Institute, University of Liege, B-4000 Liege, Belgium
Department of Meteorology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802-5013, USA
LOCEAN, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, F-75252 Paris, France
Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research, D-27515 Bremerhaven, Germany
National Oceanography Centre Southampton, Southampton SO14 3ZH, UK
†Present addresses: Laboratoire d'Etudes en Géophysique et Océanographie Spatiales, UMR 5566 CNES-CNRS-IRD-UPS, F-31401 Toulouse, France (P.M.); AOS Program, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544-0710, USA (K.B.R.); The Met Office, Hadley Centre, FitzRoy Road, Exeter EX1 3PB, UK (I.J.T.)
Correspondence to: James C. Orr1 Correspondence and requests for materials should be addressed to J.C.O. (Email: [email protected]).

Top of pageAbstract

Today's surface ocean is saturated with respect to calcium carbonate, but increasing atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations are reducing ocean pH and carbonate ion concentrations, and thus the level of calcium carbonate saturation. Experimental evidence suggests that if these trends continue, key marine organisms—such as corals and some plankton—will have difficulty maintaining their external calcium carbonate skeletons. Here we use 13 models of the ocean–carbon cycle to assess calcium carbonate saturation under the IS92a 'business-as-usual' scenario for future emissions of anthropogenic carbon dioxide. In our projections, Southern Ocean surface waters will begin to become undersaturated with respect to aragonite, a metastable form of calcium carbonate, by the year 2050. By 2100, this undersaturation could extend throughout the entire Southern Ocean and into the subarctic Pacific Ocean. When live pteropods were exposed to our predicted level of undersaturation during a two-day shipboard experiment, their aragonite shells showed notable dissolution. Our findings indicate that conditions detrimental to high-latitude ecosystems could develop within decades, not centuries as suggested previously.

Okay either you don't read half of what you post, or you don't understand it..... Look at the bolded part and actually read it this time.....

Hmm, so going by the theory of CO2 ocean acidification, the coral and such like would be dead soon because of it... Correct? Good...

So then if the theory is correct coral should have died out or not even have evolved when they did, given the much higher levels of CO2 before....

See the problem? This sinking in yet?

Either the theory is off, or the claims of its effects on sea life are off so which is it?

Slackjawed, you are obviously too stupid to understand what you read. Are you getting paid to be a troll or does it just come naturally to you?

First it was DDT.
Then it was peak oil.
Then it was acid rain.

Ta ta!

Hmmmm who's sock puppet or seminar poster are you I wonder? Cubemate of the usual suspects at the Daily Kos or American's Coming Together or the SEIU put a troll center together?

Or do you have something real to offer?
So my guess was correct and you can't see how idiotic these kind of nonsense posts make you look. What is it with you fruitcakes and 'sockpuppets' anyway. Were you molested by an uncle wearing a sock on his hand or something? You and the slack jawed idiot seem to be both very afraid of 'socks'.

For all the confused people who are in denial of the reality of this situation and ignorant of the science but who keep posting anyway, here's a good rundown of the basic facts of the matter.

As humanity continues to pump, every single year, more than 28 billion tons of previously sequestered fossil carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, sending world atmospheric CO2 levels skyrocketing to heights not seen in millions of years, the excess CO2 is also causing another huge environmental disaster besides just the more well known global warming/climate change problem. As the oceans absorb more and more of the excess atmospheric CO2, they become more acidic, threatening the whole marine ecosystem with the kind of mass extinction event that has been seen before in the distant past when the oceans got too acidic.

Carbon emissions creating acidic oceans not seen since dinosaurs

Chemical change placing 'unprecedented' pressure on marine life and could cause widespread extinctions, warn scientists

David Adam, environment correspondent
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 10 March 2009 00.05 GMT

Human pollution is turning the seas into acid so quickly that the coming decades will recreate conditions not seen on Earth since the time of the dinosaurs, scientists will warn today.

The rapid acidification is caused by the massive amounts of carbon dioxide belched from chimneys and exhausts that dissolve in the ocean. The chemical change is placing "unprecedented" pressure on marine life such as shellfish and lobsters and could cause widespread extinctions, the experts say.

Remainder of piece HERE.

Forum policy on copyright and fair use, to be found HERE, prohibit the posting of copyrighted pieces in their entirety.

Learn it, love it, live it.

~Dude

For all the confused people who are in denial of the reality of this situation and ignorant of the science but who keep posting anyway, here's a good rundown of the basic facts of the matter.

As humanity continues to pump, every single year, more than 28 billion tons of previously sequestered fossil carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, sending world atmospheric CO2 levels skyrocketing to heights not seen in millions of years, the excess CO2 is also causing another huge environmental disaster besides just the more well known global warming/climate change problem. As the oceans absorb more and more of the excess atmospheric CO2, they become more acidic, threatening the whole marine ecosystem with the kind of mass extinction event that has been seen before in the distant past when the oceans got too acidic.

Carbon emissions creating acidic oceans not seen since dinosaurs

Chemical change placing 'unprecedented' pressure on marine life and could cause widespread extinctions, warn scientists

David Adam, environment correspondent
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 10 March 2009 00.05 GMT

Human pollution is turning the seas into acid so quickly that the coming decades will recreate conditions not seen on Earth since the time of the dinosaurs, scientists will warn today.

The rapid acidification is caused by the massive amounts of carbon dioxide belched from chimneys and exhausts that dissolve in the ocean. The chemical change is placing "unprecedented" pressure on marine life such as shellfish and lobsters and could cause widespread extinctions, the experts say.

Remainder of piece HERE.

Forum policy on copyright and fair use, to be found HERE, prohibit the posting of copyrighted pieces in their entirety.

Learn it, love it, live it.

~Dude
Then I guess we don't have to worry about all that excess CO2 in the atmosphere for much longer now, do we? Bubye Globullshit Warming. And then, without warming, doesn't that drop absorption?

Ever hear of negative feedback loops? Just common sense, but... I figure you edumucated people have considered that.

He's either DR, Douchebag, konradv, or oldsocks.... Take your pick really.... And does it really matter? All he has done is try to save oldsocks ass and now revive old threads to try and fix them....

He is a sock, or a friend or family member of one of those three pathetic excuses....

Unfortunately their not a sock. He's probably a seminar poster. Dude was kind enough to peek under the hood and make sure.

Unfortunately their not a sock. He's probably a seminar poster. Dude was kind enough to peek under the hood and make sure.

well he came for a reason, i would say one if not all of them post for a group then..... a group of idiotic ding-dongs, whose stock and trade is posting propaganda in web forums....

WOW, what a useless existence..... I am here for fun and my own enjoyment. TO make a job of trolling webforums like these guys do? HAHAHHAAHHAHA!

Nope. All yap yap trollshit. but at least it was confirmed it wasn't you.

See? The scientific method worked. We believe it was you playing with your socks. But the evidence showed we were wrong, therefore he's not a sock puppet.

What HASN'T changed is his being a troll.

Post information and sources and you are a troll. Post yap-yap, and you are an authority. LOL. Typical dingbat Conservative.

Sources? Information? One news article about a theory that has yet to be proved by anyone who isn't associated with hoaxers and frauds is considered truth come down from Mt. Sinai.

Popping the theory by pointing out that there is a negative feedback loop between them by simple logic is considered yap yap.

Whatever millrat.

Okay... logic game.

More CO2 causes warming producing even more CO2
More CO2 means the oceans become more acidic from absorbing CO2
Warmer oceans mean more absorbed CO2
Which means less CO2 in atmosphere to warm the earth.
Less CO2 in atmosphere means cooling occurs.
Cooling means that ocean absorption of CO2 decreases
Which means that the oceans stop ass-idifying.

See how simple it is? Pop goes the bullshit.

This is just your logic taken all the way to it's logical end.

By the way... what ever happened to sequestering CO2 emitting waste in the deep oceans?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back