Ocean Warming Accelerating Quicker than Thought

Earth has been warming and cooling for a LONG time. Settle down spaz.
What an idiotic comment. Never this fast. Get an education.
:laugh:

Global Warming: Media Ignore Sharp Drop In Global Temperatures Over Past Two Years
That's an Op/Ed by a climate denying nutjob.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Little Ice Age and 20th-century deep Pacific cooling
You forgot to make a point. Do you have one? Did you even read that article? How is it relevant to the topic?
The point is there is contradictory evidence that you people refuse to look at. Is global warming (if it actually exists) caused by man or nature? Let me guess, you have ALL the answers. :laugh:

The point is the contradictory evidence is contradicted by peer reviewed research and the scientific consensus such contradictory evidence does not record what is happening.

But show us some evidence then, that contradicts this record of global surface temperatures.
globalT_1880-1920base.png

Global Temperature

Shitforbrains thinks surface temperatures equate to the entire ocean.
The article says, quite plainly, that they measured down to 6500 feet. Goddamnit you fuckin people are morons....
And 500? 2000? 10000?

Dufus.
Yes, those too. Read the article idiot.
You lied, the link is void of data. Basic data.
Depths
Locations
Dates

Science 101, they’d get an F.
Well then you're a goddamn moron, because the article references all three of those details.
OK, then give the class the dates, locations, depths and readings of 5 data points.

The point is there is contradictory evidence that you people refuse to look at.
That's not a point, that's a claim you haven't argued. You didn't even attenpt to describe how this evidence is "contradictory" to anything. Would you like to try again?

Is global warming (if it actually exists) caused by man or nature?
Wow, I wonder if scientists who have spent decades studying that very question have thought of that question? Have you asked them what they have found?

Scientists say the warming of the world’s oceans is accelerating more quickly than previously thought, a finding with dire implications for climate change because almost all of the heat trapped by greenhouse gases ends up stored in oceans.

A new analysis, published Thursday in the journal Science, found that the oceans are heating up 40 percent faster on average than a United Nations panel estimated five years ago. The researchers also concluded that ocean temperatures have broken records for several straight years.

“2018 is going to be the warmest year on record for the Earth’s oceans,” said Zeke Hausfather, an energy systems analyst at the independent climate research group Berkeley Earth and an author of the study. “As 2017 was the warmest year, and 2016 was the warmest year.”

As the planet has warmed, the oceans have provided a critical buffer, slowing the effects of climate change by absorbing 93 percent of the heat trapped by human greenhouse gas emissions. But the escalating water temperatures are already killing off marine ecosystems, raising sea levels and making hurricanes more destructive.

Ocean Warming Is Accelerating Faster Than Thought, New Research Finds
***********************************************************************************************************

Just more evidence of the undeniable, irrefutable, uncontestable, indisputable, incontrovertible and unquestionable proof of global warming.

The usual suspects will come here and tell us not to believe our lying eyes or to deny the overwhelming scientific evidence of climate change.

They will spout the same shit I have heard for the past 50 years starting with the clean air and water acts and going through tobacco, acid rain and cfcs, i.e the science is unsettled, it will destroy industry, etc. One thing all these opponents of these laws had in common was that these obstructionists were all proved wrong as they are today.

Remember do not vote for anyone any one that denies the science of climate change. Future generations are depending on you.
i thought by now Florida was supposed to be under water.

Scientists say the warming of the world’s oceans is accelerating more quickly than previously thought, a finding with dire implications for climate change because almost all of the heat trapped by greenhouse gases ends up stored in oceans.

A new analysis, published Thursday in the journal Science, found that the oceans are heating up 40 percent faster on average than a United Nations panel estimated five years ago. The researchers also concluded that ocean temperatures have broken records for several straight years.

“2018 is going to be the warmest year on record for the Earth’s oceans,” said Zeke Hausfather, an energy systems analyst at the independent climate research group Berkeley Earth and an author of the study. “As 2017 was the warmest year, and 2016 was the warmest year.”

As the planet has warmed, the oceans have provided a critical buffer, slowing the effects of climate change by absorbing 93 percent of the heat trapped by human greenhouse gas emissions. But the escalating water temperatures are already killing off marine ecosystems, raising sea levels and making hurricanes more destructive.

***********************************************************************************************************

Just more evidence of the undeniable, irrefutable, uncontestable, indisputable, incontrovertible and unquestionable proof of global warming.

The usual suspects will come here and tell us not to believe our lying eyes or to deny the overwhelming scientific evidence of climate change.

They will spout the same shit I have heard for the past 50 years starting with the clean air and water acts and going through tobacco, acid rain and cfcs, i.e the science is unsettled, it will destroy industry, etc. One thing all these opponents of these laws had in common was that these obstructionists were all proved wrong as they are today.

Remember do not vote for anyone any one that denies the science of climate change. Future generations are depending on you.
That is disingenuous. No one predicted that at this time. Try again.

OK, then give the class the dates, locations, depths and readings of 5 data points.
No, because, if you wanted those specifics, you would go read the research paper yourself. I'm not your mommy.
So you lied.
No dummy, the article clearly references those things.as one would expect, if you want very specific locations and dates, you'll have to read the research paper. Which you do not have the capacity to do, and we both know it.

No, because, if you wanted those specifics, you would go read the research paper yourself. I'm not your mommy.
So you lied.
No dummy, the article clearly references those things.as one would expect, if you want very specific locations and dates, you'll have to read the research paper. Which you do not have the capacity to do, and we both know it.
That's why you can't name just 5 data points, it's all right there.

That is disingenuous. No one predicted that at this time. Try again.
No one predicted a 0.01 degree C rise in surface ocean temperature over 60 years?

In science we call that statistically equivalent.

Forum List

Back