Officers Afraid To Do Their Jobs After Freddie Gray Case

After insisting the police force was not engaged in a work slowdown — causing the rise in violent crime — the union now says officers are “afraid of going to jail for doing their jobs.” May has been Baltimore’s most violent month in 15 years.

Baltimore Police Union Now Says Officers Afraid To Do Their Jobs After Freddie Gray Case - BuzzFeed News

I would also be afraid to do my job if I were a police officer in Baltimore. Hostile campaign against American policemen should be stopped. Not all officers are bad and not all of them are responsible for crimes, committed by someone else. 6 people are responsible for Freddie Gray's death. What about thousands fair and professional cops, who have never been accused of anything?
Do you want to stay face to face with enraged black crowd? Because that's how you get it.

Police are the only thing keeping people at bay. Without police, you don't have a society. You have a jungle where might makes right, and the strong prey upon the weak.

Let's see how long it lasts when police only do the legally required minimum. When the politicians start getting shot and become part of the dysfunctional society and scream to their former protectors, but get just silence in return, then maybe they'll come to realize their place in the universe. Namely, that they don't occupy one.

Careful with the jungle metaphor. It can be considered racist here :eusa_angel:
Liberal public doesn't know what policemen are actually doing and why they are doing this. Top level politicians will almost certainly never encounter any problem with police thanks to their power and public position. White middle-class households live far from ghettos and call the police to silence neighbor's party. Lower class hates cops because they don't let steal and maraud. How can this people be objective?

Well, getting hung out to dry by your own government and cheering on the violent thugs will do it. People like you should enjoy as this is what you wanted. You wanted the cops to BACK OFF!!! What you don't realize is that the black community has a serious crime problem and it can only get worse without the cops.

This shows that the cops and people that want civilization are right.

What made you think I was against cops? I was defending police from the very beginning, believing it is the only thing that can protect us from ethnic crime.
I didn't want all this to happen and I do not support liberal hysteria around police brutality. Most of us want to find a compromise, getting rid of really bad cops and protecting the good guys that serve us risking their lives.

After insisting the police force was not engaged in a work slowdown — causing the rise in violent crime — the union now says officers are “afraid of going to jail for doing their jobs.” May has been Baltimore’s most violent month in 15 years.

Baltimore Police Union Now Says Officers Afraid To Do Their Jobs After Freddie Gray Case - BuzzFeed News

I would also be afraid to do my job if I were a police officer in Baltimore. Hostile campaign against American policemen should be stopped. Not all officers are bad and not all of them are responsible for crimes, committed by someone else. 6 people are responsible for Freddie Gray's death. What about thousands fair and professional cops, who have never been accused of anything?
Do you want to stay face to face with enraged black crowd? Because that's how you get it.

Amazing.....now we have officers who for decades have mistreated a community of blacks, who never learned how to negotiate conflict with the black community without violence.....now afraid that the seeds they've sown for decades have now produced the anti cop behavior they themselves help created!!

Actually, someone/s inside the community itself asks for the police to be present out of fear. Surprisingly, it may be lead by local pastors. Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not, there are plenty of people that don't want to lose their kids to the street. They don't want them using drugs of any amount---whether you think it's ok or not. So, there has been police-community relations.

That division is in the community. This tells me that you are not a part of that conversation and you are not interested in negotiations. There are many initiatives that are out within the community but they aren't acted on. Same in Chicago. Yet, you make no indication that you are aware of them.

Why not?

There seems to be an inane attempt to separate the protestors from those engaged in looting and rioting and then align oneself with the rioters and make attempts to explain it. Profit from it, if you will.

Last edited:
Random scat.
Whites commit half the murders and 93% of those are against whites.
You made no point whatsoever.
It's like saying that whites support Obama more than blacks because more whites voted for him. WTF is wrong with people who argue with a form of bovine scatology obvious to anyone with a rudimentary level of analysis? Blacks murder and commit crimes at obscenely higher rates than any other demographic in the US. It really is that simple.

If blacks kill nearly the same number of blacks as whites kill whites, then why is black on black crime a more pressing problem for society ?

Maybe the cops In Baltimore should just walk off the job and let the community that threw them under the bus fend for themselves.

I wouldn't risk my life there. Screw them.

Maybe the Baltimore Police department needs to explain why it allowed an attitude of ill-treatment of people in their custody to develop within the department, an attitude which led to six of their officers murdering a young man in their care.

Perhaps what needs to happen is for the cops and community to sit down and air grievances, and try to find meaningful solutions that don't involve cops killing people and rioters looting and burning the city down.
How not to be killed by a cop.
1. Don't point a gun at a cop.
2. Don't charge a cop and attempt to take his gun from him.
3. Don't take a cop's tazer from him.
4. Don't be an obese fat fucker and resist arrest.
5. Don't involve yourself in a drive-by shooting.
6. Don't hold a knife to the neck of a hostage and be in the line-of-sight of a police sniper.

These rules apply to all races, sexes and economic groups.

So how does any of that apply to the boy in Baltimore who was killed by the police? Right. It doesn't.
Should have added, don't thrash around in a police van until you break your neck, to the list.

If it brings any comfort, Freddie Gray was so high on heroin, he never felt a thing.

Perhaps you should have added "don't shove a suspect head first into a cramped police van and then drive all over town with the suspect not wearing safety restraints".

Leaked autopsy sheds new light on Freddie Gray s death

Well, getting hung out to dry by your own government and cheering on the violent thugs will do it. People like you should enjoy as this is what you wanted. You wanted the cops to BACK OFF!!! What you don't realize is that the black community has a serious crime problem and it can only get worse without the cops.

This shows that the cops and people that want civilization are right.

What made you think I was against cops? I was defending police from the very beginning, believing it is the only thing that can protect us from ethnic crime.
I didn't want all this to happen and I do not support liberal hysteria around police brutality. Most of us want to find a compromise, getting rid of really bad cops and protecting the good guys that serve us risking their lives.

the only thing that can protect us from ethnic crime...........

:wtf:

6. Don't hold a knife to the neck of a hostage and be in the line-of-sight of a police sniper.

Unfortunately, to save suspect's life and not to kill him cops have to follow some rules too.

Unfortunately, to save suspect's life and not to kill him cops have to follow some rules too.

And the vast majority of cops do.

Thats true. SCOTUS ruling Graham v. Connor laid those rules out. So when cops kill someone...and they ARENT charged...its because rules set by Graham v. Connor justified it.

original.jpg

Forum List

Back