Officers Afraid To Do Their Jobs After Freddie Gray Case

And Chicago had 15 shot, 1 dead yesterday.

The question is, how much tourism money has Baltimore lost?

As it stands now, I have friends and family that don't want to go into Chicago because some crap always happens. They don't want to deal with the mobs downtown that are stealing crap or raising hell. They don't want to go to the festivals because something always happens.

People really need to start looking at where the money is coming from for those protests and if they have an outlined goal. Because, they aren't in Baltimore anymore.

Woo ... when did you become a rational poster?

After insisting the police force was not engaged in a work slowdown — causing the rise in violent crime — the union now says officers are “afraid of going to jail for doing their jobs.” May has been Baltimore’s most violent month in 15 years.

Baltimore Police Union Now Says Officers Afraid To Do Their Jobs After Freddie Gray Case - BuzzFeed News

I would also be afraid to do my job if I were a police officer in Baltimore. Hostile campaign against American policemen should be stopped. Not all officers are bad and not all of them are responsible for crimes, committed by someone else. 6 people are responsible for Freddie Gray's death. What about thousands fair and professional cops, who have never been accused of anything?
Do you want to stay face to face with enraged black crowd? Because that's how you get it.

Amazing.....now we have officers who for decades have mistreated a community of blacks, who never learned how to negotiate conflict with the black community without violence.....now afraid that the seeds they've sown for decades have now produced the anti cop behavior they themselves help created!!

Or maybe ... just maybe ... the community is sowing what it has sown.

I hope all you anti-cop and pro-thug assholes are happy.

I hope the asshole cops are happy. They are refusing to do their job guaranteeing that more people will be killed. Fire them all if they don't want to do their job. Nobody is anti cop. They are just anti bad cop. You don't get that?

What these cowards fail to realize is that once mayhem ensues, it spreads and it spreads quickly.....and maybe to areas where they themselves live. What is amazing is that they are the one's responsible for the chaos and mistrust and now the chickens have come to roost.

Indeed the chicken has come home to roost but it isn't the cops who have sown the carnage.

"Afraid" to do their jobs?
I say BS.
All they need to do is keep people alive while in custody. Something that is normal everywhere else.
Smells like retribution.

Retribution? Cops aren't doing the killing in Baltimore, Idiot.

Blacks commit half of the murder in this country and 93% of those are against other blacks. How the fuck can the left blame the cops for the crime that the black community commits

Perhaps what needs to happen is for the cops and community to sit down and air grievances, and try to find meaningful solutions that don't involve cops killing people and rioters looting and burning the city down.

After insisting the police force was not engaged in a work slowdown — causing the rise in violent crime — the union now says officers are “afraid of going to jail for doing their jobs.” May has been Baltimore’s most violent month in 15 years.

Baltimore Police Union Now Says Officers Afraid To Do Their Jobs After Freddie Gray Case - BuzzFeed News

I would also be afraid to do my job if I were a police officer in Baltimore. Hostile campaign against American policemen should be stopped. Not all officers are bad and not all of them are responsible for crimes, committed by someone else. 6 people are responsible for Freddie Gray's death. What about thousands fair and professional cops, who have never been accused of anything?
Do you want to stay face to face with enraged black crowd? Because that's how you get it.

Amazing.....now we have officers who for decades have mistreated a community of blacks, who never learned how to negotiate conflict with the black community without violence.....now afraid that the seeds they've sown for decades have now produced the anti cop behavior they themselves help created!!
Arresting lawbreakers is not mistreating the black community. Act up in a white neighborhood and you get arrested too. Difference is white neighborhoods are quiet and safe go be in. Blacks bring their misery on themselves. Whites aren't fucking up black neighborhoods.

I'm tired of blacks whining..

Sure. The nerve of those blacks whining about being beaten and killed for no reason.

I hope the asshole cops are happy. They are refusing to do their job guaranteeing that more people will be killed. Fire them all if they don't want to do their job. Nobody is anti cop. They are just anti bad cop. You don't get that?
You're full of horseshit. Every cop has a target painted on them and people like you don't give a shit.

I know that is the right wing line, but, as usual, it's bullshit.

What these cowards fail to realize is that once mayhem ensues, it spreads and it spreads quickly.....and maybe to areas where they themselves live. What is amazing is that they are the one's responsible for the chaos and mistrust and now the chickens have come to roost.

Indeed the chicken has come home to roost but it isn't the cops who have sown the carnage.

No. They will just sit back with their thumb up their asses and not do their jobs while people needlessly die. They should all be fired.

Perhaps what needs to happen is for the cops and community to sit down and air grievances, and try to find meaningful solutions that don't involve cops killing people and rioters looting and burning the city down.
How not to be killed by a cop.
1. Don't point a gun at a cop.
2. Don't charge a cop and attempt to take his gun from him.
3. Don't take a cop's tazer from him.
4. Don't be an obese fat fucker and resist arrest.
5. Don't involve yourself in a drive-by shooting.
6. Don't hold a knife to the neck of a hostage and be in the line-of-sight of a police sniper.

These rules apply to all races, sexes and economic groups.

6. Don't hold a knife to the neck of a hostage and be in the line-of-sight of a police sniper.

So how does any of that apply to the boy in Baltimore who was killed by the police? Right. It doesn't.

Maybe the cops In Baltimore should just walk off the job and let the community that threw them under the bus fend for themselves.

I wouldn't risk my life there. Screw them.

I say BS.
All they need to do is keep people alive while in custody. Something that is normal everywhere else.
Smells like retribution.

You Cons have a serious problem with comprehension and context.
The article linked by the OP is entirely about a deliberate work slow down by police. The union guy then went on to say the police were not deliberately doing this but were " afraid" of getting arrested for doing their jobs. My few posts speak directly to those points. You are just dropping random scat.

It's a mess, but one well defined by Matt Taibbi's expose this month in R.S. Check it out. 1968 Supreme Court case Terry v. Ohio and the "Broken Windows" policy initiated by Giuliani in NYC started the ball rolling in the wrong direction. Cops got caught in the middle and of course, everyone loses.

Page 5 of Why Baltimore Blew Up Rolling Stone

I agree completely with the premise. The war on drugs was the true origins and the "broken windows" doctrine just sped up the whole problem to the breaking point. These policies declared open season on black folks. The prison population speaks to that.

Arresting lawbreakers is not mistreating the black community. Act up in a white neighborhood and you get arrested too. Difference is white neighborhoods are quiet and safe go be in. Blacks bring their misery on themselves. Whites aren't fucking up black neighborhoods.

I'm tired of blacks whining..

Look at the Ferguson DOJ report. Whites and blacks commit most crimes at nearly the same levels. Blacks are over policed and convicted at much higher levels.

As far as "whining", this is a whiner thread and yours is a whiner post.

I say BS.
Smells like retribution.

Blacks commit half of the murder in this country and 93% of those are against other blacks. How the fuck can the left blame the cops for the crime that the black community commits

Random scat.
Whites commit half the murders and 93% of those are against whites.
You made no point whatsoever.

Random scat.
Whites commit half the murders and 93% of those are against whites.
You made no point whatsoever.
It's like saying that whites support Obama more than blacks because more whites voted for him. WTF is wrong with people who argue with a form of bovine scatology obvious to anyone with a rudimentary level of analysis? Blacks murder and commit crimes at obscenely higher rates than any other demographic in the US. It really is that simple.

So how does any of that apply to the boy in Baltimore who was killed by the police? Right. It doesn't.
Should have added, don't thrash around in a police van until you break your neck, to the list.

If it brings any comfort, Freddie Gray was so high on heroin, he never felt a thing.

Forum List

Back