Official 2009 World Series Thread

You need to calm down, you sound like a dopey Red Sox fan.

'Rest' had nothing to do with Burnett's bad performance, he flaoted a curve to rollins, hit victorino and groved a pitch to utley on three pitches.

You won't win many games doing that.

The Phils are having their moment, let them enjoy it, for in two days the series will be over.

And if the Yankees end up blowing the series because of this game. Then what?
You have a better chance of getting laid.

anybody can get laid.

Xeno, dude

I know the Yankees still have a advantage in this series to win.

But be honest with me.

How comfortable are you with Pettitte who is 37 pitching on 3 days rest and his numbers are close to 5 era in that situation. Sure we could win that game cause pettitte is a big game pitcher...but you can't feel 100% confident.

And if it goes to a game 7..well anything can happen in game 7

THe only good thing is the phillies have to give the ball to hamels or happ...hamels wants the ball on game 7 in yankee stadium as much as i want to get hit bya moving train. So sure we have the advantage still...but girardi has compromised an easy world series for no reason what so ever

AJ didn't have it tonight, no big deal.

Looks like NY in 6th was another right on the money pick for me.

and this is why you don't pitch AJ tonight like I have been saying the whole time. Girardi has compromised this series unnecessarily...even if they win he needs to be fucking fired

exactly. putting their weakest pitcher in tonight would have been risking one game. putting potentially three pitchers in on three days rest each is risking the entire crown.
Nonsense.

Surrendering a game is exactly what Torre did in 2001, because he had it 'in the bag' and NY ended up losing in 7.

There are no absolutes in sports, Burnett could just as easily pitched this way thursday as today, 'rest' had nothing to do with it.

Nonsense.

Surrendering a game is exactly what Torre did in 2001, because he had it 'in the bag' and NY ended up losing in 7.

There are no absolutes in sports, Burnett could just as easily pitched this way thursday as today, 'rest' had nothing to do with it.

If this was your example, you're not making a good case.

And yes, rest is a factor. You can only throw so many pitches in a certain amount of days before you begin to tire and lose control along with pitch speed.

Nonsense.

If this was your example, you're not making a good case.

And yes, rest is a factor. You can only throw so many pitches in a certain amount of days before you begin to tire and lose control along with pitch speed.

Instead of your usual childishness, why don't you try actting like an adult for a change.

As is obvious, that won't be happening.

BTW, this game isn't over yet.

Of course it's not. But I don't see the Yankee bullpen restraining Philly to no runs.
That's only because you don't know the game.

Quite often when teams 'break out' and score a lot early, they don't score at all the rest of the game.

Lee doesn't have it tonight, he's already walked 3 guys and just gave up another run.

When the game is over we can talk about post mortums.

Instead of your usual childishness, why don't you try actting like an adult for a change.

How was that childishness at all? Are you that peeved I made a joke about your Precious Yankees? My goodness, did all those rings kill your sense of humor too? :eusa_eh:

Andrew is right, Giaradi fucked up by doing what he did. And if they do end up losing, it's on him a great deal.

How was that childishness at all? Are you that peeved I made a joke about your Precious Yankees? My goodness, did all those rings kill your sense of humor too? :eusa_eh:

Andrew is right, Giaradi fucked up by doing what he did. And if they do end up losing, it's on him a great deal.
I see right through your little kid shit.

You have been doing it all year, you think getting a rise out of Yankees fans will somehow make up for the Red Sox choking this year, it won't happen.

Your team lost, get over it.

Trying to taunt me is pointless, I have zero fear of losing this series, even if it did happen it would be 'so what' to me, as I always believe the best team wins.

Quite often when teams 'break out' and score a lot early, they don't score at all the rest of the game.

Lee doesn't have it tonight, he's already walked 3 guys and just gave up another run.

It's shots like that which will result in a run. Great grab but he may of injured himself for it.

I see right through your little kid shit.

You have been doing it all year, you think getting a rise out of Yankees fans will somehow make up for the Red Sox choking this year, it won't happen.

Your team lost, get over it.

Trying to taunt me is pointless, I have zero fear of losing this series, even if it did happen it would be 'so what' to me, as I always believe the best team wins.

Man, you are one paranoid person. You're seeing things that aren't there. I'm agreeing with Andrew who also happens to be a Yankees fan. In fact, Andrew and I have agreed often lately.

I'm over the Red Sox losing this year, you don't realize that. I'm not trying to get a rise out of Yankees fans. If I were to do that, I'd be a lot more obvious about it.

Seriously, get a grip.

It's shots like that which will result in a run. Great grab but he may of injured himself for it.
Grow up Robert.

You really need too.

You notice Paulie and I never get into anything, and we are playing each other, the only behaving like a dick in these threads is you.

Seriously, get a grip.
You need to, as well as grow up.

Only a moron keeps posting 'you are going to choke now' because a team up 3-1 is losing.

Its even more laughable that teh only reason you do it is you somehow think it makes up for your team choking this year.

Like i said, doesn't work that way.

Grow up Robert.

You really need too.

You notice Paulie and I never get into anything, and we are playing each other, the only behaving like a dick in these threads is you.

What the fuck is your problem there Xeno? I'm making a observation and you throw another bitch fit. Would a shot like that if not caught result in a run? Yes.

Did he make a great grab? Yes. Did he almost injure himself? It seemed it.

Seriously, get a grip.

You need to, as well as grow up.

Only a moron keeps posting 'you are going to choke now' because a team up 3-1 is losing.

Its even more laughable that teh only reason you do it is you somehow think it makes up for your team choking this year.

Like i said, doesn't work that way.

I don't think it makes up for anything if the Yankees blow it. Originally, I was agreeing with Elvis about them choking. So you're calling Elvis a moron too. And he's a Cubs fan.

Grow up Robert.

You really need too.

What the fuck is your problem there Xeno? I'm making a observation and you throw another bitch fit. Would a shot like that if not caught result in a run? Yes.

Did he make a great grab? Yes. Did he almost injure himself? It seemed it.

Seriously, get a grip.
Stop actiing like a 5 year old Bobby.

Forum List

Back