Official 2009 World Series Thread

You need to, as well as grow up.

Only a moron keeps posting 'you are going to choke now' because a team up 3-1 is losing.

Its even more laughable that teh only reason you do it is you somehow think it makes up for your team choking this year.

Like i said, doesn't work that way.

I don't think it makes up for anything if the Yankees blow it. Originally, I was agreeing with Elvis about them choking. So you're calling Elvis a moron too. And he's a Cubs fan.
He's not praying for it, you are.

Who do you think your fooling with your kid stuff?

You know, if you wern't in the thread, it is great baseball talk, it only breaks down when you show up and start you kid stuff 'I hope you choke' shit.

He's not praying for it, you are.

Who do you think your fooling with your kid stuff?

You know, if you wern't in the thread, it is great baseball talk, it only breaks down when you show up and start you kid stuff 'I hope you choke' shit.

Praying for it? Are you kidding with me? Because God definitely is going to take a moment to listen to my prayer out of every single other out there. I'm sure fucking with the Yankees is at the top of his list that he checks twice. :cuckoo:

I understand you're angry at me for some reason that goes beyond just this. I personally get along with everyone else in this thread BUT you. In fact, Andrew and I even get more along now. It's only you who has a problem with me. So maybe you need to take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why that is.

And you know what? I do hope the Yankees choke their 3-1 lead. Don't like it? Tough shit.

I'm trying to have a fun conversation with people who I'm friendly with. And you get all pissy about it.

You have been praying for it all along kid.

Just makes it better when you end up being a loser.

Again.

Don't tell me what I do and do not do. I don't pray for any such thing. Are you that delusional? Seriously, get some anger management classes to take or something.

and this is why you don't pitch AJ tonight like I have been saying the whole time. Girardi has compromised this series unnecessarily...even if they win he needs to be fucking fired

exactly. putting their weakest pitcher in tonight would have been risking one game. putting potentially three pitchers in on three days rest each is risking the entire crown.
Nonsense.

Surrendering a game is exactly what Torre did in 2001, because he had it 'in the bag' and NY ended up losing in 7.

There are no absolutes in sports, Burnett could just as easily pitched this way thursday as today, 'rest' had nothing to do with it.

We'll see what happens.

What did Torre have in the bag? Pettitte in game 6 and Clemens in game 7? what did Clemens give up? one run in 8 innings and then the meltdown by Rivera?

tonight reminds me of Showalter in '95 using Jack McDowell against Randy Johnson with the Yanks up 2-0 in a best of 5.They had no shot @ beating Johnson in Game 3 and wasted McDowell. Instead they had Scott Kamienicki blow a 5-0 lead in Game 4 and went on to lose game 5 and the series.

Rest has been a factor in past world series. remember when Glavine was supposed to pitch game 7 and instead they gave it to maddux on three days rest? or when Oil Can Boyd was supposed to pitch game 7 and they gave it to clemens on three days rest?

tonight reminds me of Showalter in '95 using Jack McDowell against Randy Johnson with the Yanks up 2-0 in a best of 5.They had no shot @ beating Johnson in Game 3 and wasted McDowell. Instead they had Scott Kamienicki blow a 5-0 lead in Game 4 and went on to lose game 5 and the series.

Wait, is pedro going to start game 6?

Forum List

Back