Official 2020 November Election Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Election musings

Still too close to call in several states, cuz of the mail-in ballots not totally counted yet. Hell, in some places you can still mail them in by Friday. Doesn't look good for Trump though, IMHO. AZ, NV, WI, VA, and MI all look to be going Biden's way cuz most of the remaining ballots are still coming in from democrat big cities. I think Biden is going to win even without PA, which I think he'll also win.

The female vote killed Trump. Most of 'em voted with their hearts instead of their heads, and they don't like Trump. So they voted for old senile Joe, the 50-year swamp rat who will do as he's told by Pelosi and Schumer. Harris may end up as our 1st female prez. Early prediction: the Dems are going to get their asses kicked in 2022 and 2024. They're good at getting elected but really bad at governing.

I thought Trump's performance in the 1st debate really cost him. That and the fact that the media pretty much buried the story about Hunter Biden. You can bet your ass that if it was DT Jr it would have been the lead story for weeks. And of course the coronavirus accusations that Trump mishandled it. As if the Dems would've done any better. Do you like the lockdowns? Well, that's good cuz it'll be while before the economy ever gets back to normal. If it ever does under Biden. You like 1.6% economic growth? Live it up, dude.

The saving grace IMHO for this election is that the GOP looks like it will retain control of the Senate. Which means the filibuster still lives and we won't be packing the SCOTUS for awhile either. The Dems did pick up one GOP seat, but after the dust finally settles the Repubs will have 51 or 52 seats in the Senate. Interesting to see how Biden works with them to get something done. Romney and Murkowski will get tested big time.

At this point it looks like the Repubs will pick up a few seats in the House, obviously not enough to kick Pelosi out of the Speaker's job. They thought they were going to gain seats though, tough shit guys.

Money talks, but not very loud in some places. A ton of money went into Texas to flip their state legislature, but it didn't work. Redistricting you know, the Dems really wanted to flip Texas to blue, and it might be trending that way but not for awhile longer it seems.

And the Dems spent nearly $200 million to beat McConnell and Graham, but it didn't work.

Lastly, the pollsters effed up again. There were many places like FL where they said Biden was ahead by a lot and Trump won. Getting it so wrong again does not help the media's reputation for honesty and integrity. Can't trust 'em.

Actually the pollsters were not as off as some think when you put the plus and minus into the equation.

Let say Biden was up by three points in a poll and the poll has a plus or minus of four then the reality is Biden was in a dead heat with Trump...

I am not saying all polls were like that and there were some that were way off but some were closer than others...

Biggest story is not who will win the Oval Office but the Senate stays red and the House Dems lost a few seats.

Also the red wave was real but not big enough at this point but many are missing the biggest surprise from yesterday vote...
That’s the big story? :laugh:

Yes, because those like you guaranteed that the Senate would turn blue and it did not...

Must break your heart to learn that the Senate will stay red even if Biden win...
The next Attorney General may end up arresting some of those GOP Senators.

Mitch is really old. The Mississippi Senator is ancient. Grassley is ancient. Senators die.

Mitch is really old. The Mississippi Senator is ancient. Grassley is ancient.
Leahy, Schumer, Feinstein.
Senators die.

yup, and their party doesn't keep them safe.

Biggest story is not who will win the Oval Office but the Senate stays red and the House Dems lost a few seats.

Also the red wave was real but not big enough at this point but many are missing the biggest surprise from yesterday vote...

Yes, because those like you guaranteed that the Senate would turn blue and it did not...

Must break your heart to learn that the Senate will stay red even if Biden win...

Mitch is really old. The Mississippi Senator is ancient. Grassley is ancient. Senators die.

Senators die.

Pelosi is also old...

Boom! Put a W in WI for Biden.

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 12.19.43 PM.png

Senators die.

None from swing states. Try again.

One thing I'm seeing - Republicans in Congress aren't necessarily getting behind Trump on this. Most are saying "we'll finish the counting and see".

I suspect many of them are content with holding the Senate and happy to be rid of Trump. Honestly, it would be the best thing for the party.

One thing I'm seeing - Republicans in Congress aren't necessarily getting behind Trump on this. Most are saying "we'll finish the counting and see".

I suspect many of them are content with holding the Senate and happy to be rid of Trump. Honestly, it would be the best thing for the party.

Agreed, four more years of Rump would send the R party into Whig territory.

Haha Trump is basically fucked. His biggest win was Florida to his credit, but losing Arizona has really cost him. In addition, PA says that most of the votes left to be counted are in Biden’s favor. Trump’s lead there is a red mirage. Now the GOP cowardly fucks just needs to let every vote be counted. They can’t win by cheating.

It gives them a chance for serious soul searching and rebuilding, if they can. If Biden wins the onus will be on him to reach out I think, and see if bipartisanship is possible out of all this wreckage.

Agreed, four more years of Rump would send the R party into Whig territory.

And it was said before this election Trump had killed the GOP and yet they retained the Senate and gained a few House Seats...

Yes, it would. Not to mention it would put a stop to the most insane and partisan things that the dems have been threatening. Keeping the senate ends the court packing before it starts and there is zero chance they can sustain that narrative another 2 years (not to mention it is unlikely they take the senate in a midterm). Many of the other crazy things Biden may try will be DOA too.

Senators die.

Pelosi is also old...

House

Yes, it would. Not to mention it would put a stop to the most insane and partisan things that the dems have been threatening. Keeping the senate ends the court packing before it starts and there is zero chance they can sustain that narrative another 2 years (not to mention it is unlikely they take the senate in a midterm). Many of the other crazy things Biden may try will be DOA too.

I am not worried about Biden but if Harris take over then everyone need to worry...

Senators die.

None from swing states. Try again.

I was referring to control of the Senate.

Senators die.

Pelosi is also old...

House

I know but Pelosi is old and she could end up pushing up daisies if the Devil retires from hell...

Then who lead the nutters on the fringe left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back