OFFICIAL: Kavanaugh Hearings Thread

The writing was on the wall with Garland, he wasn't going to get the votes.
How many times did Reid shelve Bills because there wasn't the votes. No difference
Then they should have had to put their vote on the record and be accountable for it
If Garland was voted down, Obama should have had the opportunity to name a replacement

Just like Trump will

You are comparing apples and tactical nuclear warheads.

Just admit you see character assassination as a viable political tool, regardless of the evidence at hand.

Three witnesses have come forward about his character

Republicans seem content to overlook it as long as they get their conservative on the bench

Three vs how many that attest to his GOOD character?

Three saying bad things about him? Deny an SC Seat and ruin his reputation over this?

have you no shame?
How many have testified......he never tried to rape me

Why would they do that?

They testified to his character, and considering the lack of actual evidence in this situation, that matters.

They had months and months to investigate this. Feinstein had the information TWO MONTHS before the official hearings were held.

So we should keep trying people until we find the guilty? How Fascist of you.

Actually trying to prosecute him would be better because you would be held to a far higher standard of evidence, and any judge would throw out the charges in a heartbeat.

They are asking for "An investigation" as cover to vote no and use Ford's accusation as a shield, at least the Dems from Red States are.
-So now you jump from the process of background checks to, "the Democrats use this as a political weapon". Probably... It says nothing about the truth of the claims more about how unethical politics is. Something that Republicans have done on more then a few occasions.
-As to how unfair it is. The picking of a SCOTUS nominee IS a political process not a judicial one. I find it the height of irony that a Republican asks for a nomination process were there is no political gamesmanship and the standard of the nominee in question should be no higher then whether or not he has committed sexual assault beyond reasonable doubt. Garland wasn't even allowed a meeting let alone a hearing when he was put forward. Kavanaugh had no compunction trying to get Clinton impeached for lying about a blowjob between CONSENTING ADULTS. Here's a tip. When asking for not just fair but unreasonable fair behavior. Which, not holding a higher standard that there is doubt that he committed a crime is. It's probably a good idea to have a proven track record of fairness yourself. Otherwise what is it but blatant, self-serving hypocrisy?

I have always been of the opinion that this is nothing more than a political weapon. And the Garland thing has nothing to do with this. He was denied hearings, his whole life wasn't turned upside down in an attempt to ruin him. He wasn't accused of unprovable acts done 30+ years ago.

How many Democratic SC appointments have gone though this much acrimony and outright hatred?

Everything else in your response is bullshit fluff.

How about we ruin your life with accusations with this level of evidence?
Where was Kavanaugh objections on the Clinton impeachment? You call it irrelevant. I call it highly appropriate. If I hit you in the face, would you, hitting me back be unjustified? I don't know for certain certain these accusations are true. I very much suspect they were. She has to be the best actress in the world to give that account she did during the hearing. You don't know for certain that they are untrue. Yet you are perfectly willing to assert that Kavanaugh doesn't deserve this. In the end can't you guys just pull this guys name and nominate someone equally dreadful?

he was a mid level drone at that point. And with Clinton HE WAS ON RECORD AS LYING.

And well all know the next one will face the same type of attack, any little thing rumored in their past will be brought up.

And you didn't answer my last question.
I actually have personal experience on your last question. My wife has been assaulted before. She didn't report it, what she did do is call this guys fiance. Took some doing since she didn't have much to go on for his identity. She couldn't prove it happened to that woman but still told her her story. You think that action was unjustified?

Go. to. the. fucking. police.

And you wonder why nothing gets done about this shit?

When someone acts the way Kavanaugh did with his screaming and ranting and rolling his eyes and belligerent attitude there’s only one possible question. What does he have to hide?

To be fair, the cameras were not on Feinstein that much....

The Democrats were outplayed at every turn. Hiring a seasoned rape trial attorney was brilliant by Republicans. The burden was on Democrats to prove Kavanaugh a rapist, that didn't happen. If anything, Ford may need a lawyer for quite some time.
You mean the seasoned rape attorney they completely abandoned out of desperation? :21:
Abandoned? Were you watching an old episode of McHalls navy?

you don't see the waste of time that was??how stupid it was?

Oh come on, the Democrats weighed the lack of evidence, formulated a strategy, made sure everyone had enough time to prepare a script, and bet nothing on throwing Dr. Ford to the wolves. They couldn't stop Kavanaugh's conformation without the circus, and don't stand to lose anything if nothing comes of the mess they made.

To her therapist
Four other witnesses came out yesterday saying she had told them the story

Very true and still worthless since NONE of them are first hand witnesses of the alleged event. Have you heard of the HEARSAY rule that makes such support useless in court?

Since DR. Ford named FOUR people as witnesses including a long time female friend as being there, but those same people all say under oath as never being in the party she alleges happened.

From CNN,

"1) Simply put, “Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford.”

“I have no memory of this alleged incident,” said (2) Mark Judge in a September 18 letter sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee. He said he did not recall the party and never saw Brett Kavanaugh act in the matter Ford describes.

(3) Patrick J. Smyth issued a statement:

“I understand that I have been identified by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford as the person she remembers as ‘PJ’ who supposedly was present at the party she described in her statements to the Washington Post. I am issuing this statement today to make it clear to all involved that I have no knowledge of the party in question; nor do I have any knowledge of the allegations of improper conduct she has leveled against Brett Kavanaugh.

Personally speaking, I have known Brett Kavanaugh since high school and I know him to be a person of great integrity, a great friend, and I have never witnessed any improper conduct by Brett Kavanaugh towards women. To safeguard my own privacy and anonymity, I respectfully request that the Committee accept this statement in response to any inquiry the Committee may have.”

LINK

DR. Ford is running on empty.
Let’s hear the testimony tomorrow as well as the two other women
I highly doubt she shows.

She has to show now. The question is will she get through the questioning without having a breakdown.

I'm kinda hoping for some tears and snuffling.

I'ma have to go to church later and pray for my soul. *sigh*

Snuffling, but no actual tears.

The Democrats were outplayed at every turn. Hiring a seasoned rape trial attorney was brilliant by Republicans. The burden was on Democrats to prove Kavanaugh a rapist, that didn't happen. If anything, Ford may need a lawyer for quite some time.
You mean the seasoned rape attorney they completely abandoned out of desperation? :21:
Abandoned? Where you watching an old episode of McHalls navy?
Yes abandoned. Did she even speak when it was Kavs turn? :laugh:

This has backfired on you liberals times a thousand…..

You have no idea of the backlash you are facing…

I suspect a bigger backlash against Republicans if they try to steamroll an approval without bearing all the evidence

you don't see the waste of time that was??how stupid it was?

Oh come on, the Democrats weighed the lack of evidence, formulated a strategy, made sure everyone had enough time to prepare a script, and bet nothing on throwing Dr. Ford to the wolves. They couldn't stop Kavanaugh's conformation without the circus, and don't stand to lose anything if nothing comes of the mess they made.
....the politicians are good at making it look like they are doing something constructive--when it is really just the opposite

Those questions were a deposition for her trial.

Anyone see the hysterical screeching liberal women chasing Graham in the hallways ?

upload_2018-9-28_0-25-21.png

So one of the Unhinged Leftists Staffers working from THEIR office in the House of Representatives is doing this, this in typical Antifa fashion so that a ton of Psychotic Leftists can go to Republican Senators PERSONAL homes to threaten them. The above can easily be found WHICH Democrat's Office the above is coming from, the Republican's need to take the gloves off already, START arresting already if not then whatever happens will be also Republicans fault for being testosterone devoid, they need to get IN the SEWER with the Leftists and fight fire WITH fire instead of playing by the Rules, the Left don't play by the Rules do they? No, so Republicans Go Nuclear IF not you deserve whatever is coming your way that IF you would have had the courage you COULD have prevented.

Someone on Capitol Hill just doxxed Republican Sens. Mike Lee, Orrin Hatch, and Lindsey Graham

Abandoned? Where you watching an old episode of McHalls navy?
Yes abandoned. Did she even speak when it was Kavs turn? :laugh:
Keep consoling you’re self. You people are hilarious.

Those questions were a deposition for her trial.
What trial? You know good and well Drumpf nor Drumpfsexuals ever follow through on their threats to sue anyone.

This has backfired on you liberals times a thousand…..

You have no idea of the backlash you are facing…

I suspect a bigger backlash against Republicans if they try to steamroll an approval without bearing all the evidence
He's been nominated since July. That's more than enough time for Feinstein to mention this. But it so happened to be last week? After all this time especially when she herself knew it seemed false.

Forum List

Back