OFFICIAL: Kavanaugh Hearings Thread

This guy is kind of a wuss, maybe the conservatives should boot it out of committee since he can't even keep from choking up and keep it together long enough to testify with out breaking out in tears. . . .

Hell, they might as well nominate a woman. She could probably hold it together better than he can. This guy is no good under pressure, no grit at all. It's clear he is too emotional, too liberal.
Men are allowed to cry, but this is not normal; I think he's on too much Valium, actually.

With all due respect, Old...I think Ford looked like she was dazed and confused a lot more than Brett Kavanaugh does right now. He looks like someone who is so pissed off they can barely speak.

Do you blame him?

I'm just trying to imagine how emotional and how a Scalia or Renquist would react in the same situation.

What if folks were making up lies out of whole cloth about Scalia or Renquist to derail their entire nomination? Would they carry on like a little girl in front of congress?

Is this even dignified?
He’s human.
And if he’d managed to conceal his emotions, the left would be calling him a cold hearted (guilty) monster.
It’s not really like he could win on this issue.
But at least we could see he was genuine (IMO), unlike the second rate scared little girl with the cry voice performance from Ford.

Perhaps you're right Tilly.

I'm just from a different time.

I was always taught that in a public setting, men keep it together. Only among family and friends is this type of carrying on socially acceptable.

. . . and even then, in older generations?

Brett Kavanaugh's Anger Should Surprise No One

Last edited:
The difference is you are not trying to use those memories to ruin someone's life. Once you try to do that you damn well better remember enough to allow them to defend themselves.

Show me where the GOP has been against due process.
-I'm sorry, but are you now again suggesting that because Ford remembers her assault, this somehow makes it unfair to Kavanaugh to bring her sexual assault up? Again this guy is up for SCOTUS, not a dog catcher.
-They have refused to call up Mark Judge, Ramires or Swetnick. They have refused to ask the President to reopen the FBI background check. They have refused actually ANY witness except Ford or Kavanaugh.

The bigger issue is if that he's not appointed because of the accusation his career is likely over and he is forever tainted over something:

1. He denies vehemently
2. That cannot be proven in any court of law, be it criminal or even civil.

The fact that the memories that could be checked out in any way is the most damning thing about this, be it a willful fabrication or just her mind remembering parts of what happened (to her) that didn't actually happen.

The background check would turn up nothing additional, because there is ZERO documentation of the incident in question.

As for the other 3, the committee (as a whole) had access to all the statements made, and even questioned some of them via paper.

Is your lust for power so great that ruining a possibly innocent man is worth it?
-Actually that is in the scheme of things pretty minor. Firstly, he STILL holds a position at the appellate court. He still has a career. Also the law is bigger then one man. The Supreme Court makes decisions for all Americans.
-AN FBI investigation could actually be helpful. They could interview Mark Judge for instance. Something that is better then simply accepting a statement. They could check when Judge worked at that supermarket establishing a time of the assault. Something that Ford suggested by the way. They could talk to the other 2 people who have made similar allegations and look for corroboration or exonerating evidence for Kavanaugh in the form of alibis or what not. There are a lot of facts the FBI could uncover that the Senate committee is simply not equipped for.

You really think that if he is not confirmed for this, and the Dems take the house, their base won't clamor for his Impeachment?

I find it comical you appeal to the law when if this was a court proceeding under the law he wouldn't be indicted.

All the investigation thing is moot because Dems waited 2 months to bring this up for political reasons, sorry, actions have consequences.

Floor vote time.
-They may clamor for it. Doesn't mean they will get it.By the way what makes you think if the Democrats win they wouldn't clamor for his impeachment if he gets on the bench?
-This is a political appointment not a court of law. There's a difference. If someone would suggest that Kavanaugh would be jailed for this I would have a problem with them because THAT does require judicial standards of proof.
- There goes your argument that Republicans are following due process..... So because you suspect political motivation the Republicans should not find out the truth of these matters? Glad you don't use political motivation. "Hey it's just a lifetime appointment to the supreme court for a suspected rapist, what's the big deal?"
-I've said it before. I'm not big on fortune telling I'm really not, but I will make this prediction. Confirm Kavanaugh and the GOP can say goodbye to any but the most ardent females in the Trump base. All other ones will go out and vote just to spite them.

They clamored for forcing the Republicans to use the Nuke option against Gorusch (and they got it).

How did that work out for Dems?

So you are Ok with their life being ruined and political gain from false accusations. Got it.

The hearing was the way to try to get to the bottom of things. The process is being followed to the letter in this case.

You are forgetting about mothers with sons, and wives with husbands who may worry their child or spouse can get railroaded by 30 year old accusations.

I was hollering into the television screen, "YES or NO" If this had been a courtroom, Kav would have been shut down quick by the judge for all his equivocating and roundabout answers. Amazing how Grassley had NO problem with them.

Considering Ford's accusations would never get to the point of a trial, calling for the Standards of Judge to be enacted would result in the hearing never happening in the first place.
Just a comment. When having a hearing, if I were asking a yes or no question, I would want an answer. They weren't "trick" questions, from what I recall.

Usually it's an Attorney on either side that wants the yes or no response only, not the judge. The judge only decides if the attorney's request is valid or not.
I've been questioned and cross examined enough times to know that if I didn't immediately give a yes or no response to a yes/no question, I was going to get told by the judge to answer the question. If I was lucky, and it was a question that required more than a yes/no, the judge would let me continue....

One thing that is very telling is that the attorney that the Republicans brought in was clearly in "cross examine" mode when questioning Ford, but not so when questioning Kavvy. It just goes to show that she came in to treat Ford as a hostile witness.

Um. that's what she was exactly brought in for, to deny Dems the optics of "a bunch of old men beating up on some poor woman"

Considering Ford's accusations would never get to the point of a trial, calling for the Standards of Judge to be enacted would result in the hearing never happening in the first place.
Just a comment. When having a hearing, if I were asking a yes or no question, I would want an answer. They weren't "trick" questions, from what I recall.

Usually it's an Attorney on either side that wants the yes or no response only, not the judge. The judge only decides if the attorney's request is valid or not.
I've been questioned and cross examined enough times to know that if I didn't immediately give a yes or no response to a yes/no question, I was going to get told by the judge to answer the question. If I was lucky, and it was a question that required more than a yes/no, the judge would let me continue....
Booker and Harris were playing disgusting grammar and syntax games.
Two pieces of shit catering to their mentally disturbed constituents.
Games like are you a drunk? Turns out he is.
Someone on the SC had a perfect life?
Please elaborate.

American Bar Association: Delay Kavanaugh Vote Until FBI Investigates

Will the AMA request make any difference to Senate Republicans?

They are a liberal advocacy group and the Dems look nakedly desperate asking for this. The FBI could uncover NOTHING.

They will hold the vote. And I really think Kavanaugh will be confirmed. You lose---AGAIN

Will the ABA disbar Kavanaugh?

For what? For accusations that could not even get a warrant? From 40 years ago? are you on drugs?

You know those indians and their peyote and whisky.......

One thing that is very telling is that the attorney that the Republicans brought in was clearly in "cross examine" mode when questioning Ford, but not so when questioning Kavvy. It just goes to show that she came in to treat Ford as a hostile witness.

Um. that's what she was exactly brought in for, to deny Dems the optics of "a bunch of old men beating up on some poor woman"

Yeah, I know. But it also seemed to me that they wanted to create this veneer of having someone come in to independently investigate the facts. In reality, her questioning shows that she was playing defense attorney, looking for opportunities to impeach an accuser's testimony.

If lie detector tests and FBI investigations are so important to the truth, how about some questioning under hypnosis for Dr Ford to help her clarify her memory?

It's amazing how for 30 years Repubtards were beyond obsessed that Clinton may have harassed a couple women, yet now support a rapist who spews Clinton conspiracy theories. Republicans had FBI investigating Clinton while allowing 9/11 attacks, but refuse the FBI investigate repubtard political operative judges rape.
Clinton’s DNA was all over the place! Please produce Kavanaugh’s DNA.
LOL - DNA on dress of a willing Clinton groopie who threw herself at him. LOL
Give the FBI 30+ years to investigate Kavanaugh's forced rape + attempted murder!!!

What rape?

I am not surprised the court considered you a hostile witness, and allowed the questioner to badger you with yes or no questions.

Nope. I really had not decided how I would decide on this until I heard them both. So I watched them both yesterday, and what I said earlier about my impression of his character and also the strident partisan tone of his statement--and attitude toward the Democratic questioners--stands. Your insults don't change my mind in the least.

So you have a problem with a partisan answer to a partisan question?
Did you see his smart ass response to Senator Klobuchar? She was doing her job of trying to get to bottom of the allegations. He asked if SHE had ever been blackout drunk.
C'mon, that wasn't USMB. Smart ass responses to something like that are unprofessional. If you missed it, the exchange is below. Trying to determine if he drank to excess and might have forgotten an incident is at the heart of the allegations and wasn't "partisan" on Senator Klobuchar's part. After a potty break, Kavanaugh came back and apologized to her--apparently someone took him aside and told him it was out of line. His excuse was "this is a tough process." Poor him.

Kavanaugh Apologizes to Klobuchar For Drinking Question

It's amazing how for 30 years Repubtards were beyond obsessed that Clinton may have harassed a couple women, yet now support a rapist who spews Clinton conspiracy theories. Republicans had FBI investigating Clinton while allowing 9/11 attacks, but refuse the FBI investigate repubtard political operative judges rape.
Give the FBI 30+ years to investigate Kavanaugh's forced rape + attempted murder!!!

The FBI could investigate for 100 years and find nothing

There is nothing there. She lied
No, she did not lie. She just hasn't yet proven her charges beyond any reasonable doubt. Repubtards & Kavanaugh are refusing an FBI investigation because it could prove her charges beyond any reasonable doubt.

Attempting rape & murder is far beyond any sexual harassment accusations against Donald Trump, Clarence Thomas or Bill Clinton!!!
Actually in honesty, proving something like this beyond reasonable doubt 35 years after is unlikely. It should't matter since this isn't a trail.
If it were a trial Brett Kavanaugh would have been jailed for being combative to questions from Sen. Amy Klobuchar. Kavanaugh acted guilty as hell choking down water, screaming, disrespecting authority & refusing investigation.

-I'm sorry, but are you now again suggesting that because Ford remembers her assault, this somehow makes it unfair to Kavanaugh to bring her sexual assault up? Again this guy is up for SCOTUS, not a dog catcher.
-They have refused to call up Mark Judge, Ramires or Swetnick. They have refused to ask the President to reopen the FBI background check. They have refused actually ANY witness except Ford or Kavanaugh.

The bigger issue is if that he's not appointed because of the accusation his career is likely over and he is forever tainted over something:

1. He denies vehemently
2. That cannot be proven in any court of law, be it criminal or even civil.

The fact that the memories that could be checked out in any way is the most damning thing about this, be it a willful fabrication or just her mind remembering parts of what happened (to her) that didn't actually happen.

The background check would turn up nothing additional, because there is ZERO documentation of the incident in question.

As for the other 3, the committee (as a whole) had access to all the statements made, and even questioned some of them via paper.

Is your lust for power so great that ruining a possibly innocent man is worth it?
-Actually that is in the scheme of things pretty minor. Firstly, he STILL holds a position at the appellate court. He still has a career. Also the law is bigger then one man. The Supreme Court makes decisions for all Americans.
-AN FBI investigation could actually be helpful. They could interview Mark Judge for instance. Something that is better then simply accepting a statement. They could check when Judge worked at that supermarket establishing a time of the assault. Something that Ford suggested by the way. They could talk to the other 2 people who have made similar allegations and look for corroboration or exonerating evidence for Kavanaugh in the form of alibis or what not. There are a lot of facts the FBI could uncover that the Senate committee is simply not equipped for.

You really think that if he is not confirmed for this, and the Dems take the house, their base won't clamor for his Impeachment?

I find it comical you appeal to the law when if this was a court proceeding under the law he wouldn't be indicted.

All the investigation thing is moot because Dems waited 2 months to bring this up for political reasons, sorry, actions have consequences.

Floor vote time.
-They may clamor for it. Doesn't mean they will get it.By the way what makes you think if the Democrats win they wouldn't clamor for his impeachment if he gets on the bench?
-This is a political appointment not a court of law. There's a difference. If someone would suggest that Kavanaugh would be jailed for this I would have a problem with them because THAT does require judicial standards of proof.
- There goes your argument that Republicans are following due process..... So because you suspect political motivation the Republicans should not find out the truth of these matters? Glad you don't use political motivation. "Hey it's just a lifetime appointment to the supreme court for a suspected rapist, what's the big deal?"
-I've said it before. I'm not big on fortune telling I'm really not, but I will make this prediction. Confirm Kavanaugh and the GOP can say goodbye to any but the most ardent females in the Trump base. All other ones will go out and vote just to spite them.

They clamored for forcing the Republicans to use the Nuke option against Gorusch (and they got it).

How did that work out for Dems?

So you are Ok with their life being ruined and political gain from false accusations. Got it.

The hearing was the way to try to get to the bottom of things. The process is being followed to the letter in this case.

You are forgetting about mothers with sons, and wives with husbands who may worry their child or spouse can get railroaded by 30 year old accusations.
-If some random person would accuse another random person of sexual assault, chances are that person committed sexual assault. One doesn't typically levy that accusation unmerited. Being able to prove it beyond reasonable doubt is another matter.
-The US finds it perfectly appropriate to have public registers of sex crime offenders. These people are branded for life. If that is appropriate I will not shed a tear for the few people who get wrongly accused of sexual crimes in cases were embarrassment on the local level is the worst they suffer.
- As to the hearing being meant to get to the bottom of things. You can't both admit that Republicans refused to take steps in the investigation and in the next breath say to they wanted to get to the bottom of things.

No, she did not lie. She just hasn't yet proven her charges beyond any reasonable doubt. Repubtards & Kavanaugh are refusing an FBI investigation because it could prove her charges beyond any reasonable doubt.

Attempting rape & murder is far beyond any sexual harassment accusations against Donald Trump, Clarence Thomas or Bill Clinton!!!
Actually in honesty, proving something like this beyond reasonable doubt 35 years after is unlikely. It should't matter since this isn't a trail.
If it were a trial Brett Kavanaugh would have been jailed for being combative to questions from Sen. Amy Klobuchar. Kavanaugh acted guilty as hell choking down water, screaming, disrespecting authority & refusing investigation.
why do you find it necessary to lie and dramatize?

The same goosesteppers who chant, "Lock her up!" at rallies.

You're an idiot

Sorry Kiss acting guilty does NOT constitute proof of guilt.

How about the ball-less republicans couldn't face a woman but turned cheerleaders for a lying spoiled rich boy. Kavanaugh was belligerent and didn't agree to a FBI investigation. His belligerence is the sign of any guilty person when caught, and his refusal for an FBI investigation is a sign he is a liar and knows it. The guilty always overact their innocence because they must also convince themselves as well as the other. Kavanaugh being the heartless bigot even dissented on the ACA and he lied about his position on Roe v Wade. Many people are easily fooled by dramatic exclamations of innocence, that he did well. Sad that Americans are so easily played. Ever been on a jury?

'Injustices: The Supreme Court's History of Comforting the Comfortable and Afflicting the Afflicted' Ian Millhiser

OFFICIAL: Kavanaugh Hearings Thread
Oh yes, we all know that all the rich are spoiled and heartless bigots --- the Kennedy's proved that :rolleyes: You need to review Roe v Wade --- that was a farce. Things are seldom what they seem.

Sorry Kiss acting guilty does NOT constitute proof of guilt.

Such conduct is 100% appropriate to consider when evaluating a witness' credibility.

Forum List

Back