[OFFICIAL] State of the Union Address Thread

Obama USED the wounded vet to try to make political points.

Tell us Obozo, why must charity organizations like Wounded Warriers take care of these guys and girls? If there is any category of americans that the govt should take full care of its these kids that it sent off be maimed in stupid useless wars----but no, the govt gives them a token monthly payment and turns them over to family and charity----------its WRONG.

Really now.

President Obama knew this particular vet prior to him getting wounded.

In fact, he kept in touch with the young man.

Additionally, President Obama has increased and advocating for increasing benefits to veterans.

44 - Obama signs bill expanding health services for veterans
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/06/u...rease-spending-on-veterans-programs.html?_r=0

then why are these wounded vets dependent on charities like Wounded warriers? You are being lied to, the govt is NOT taking care of them as it should.

Exactly.

In the end.....Obama gets it...Republicans don't. And THAT is a BIG problem.
What does Obama get?..that as long as his party preaches free stuff for the hopeless - he wins.
Republicans rebuttal was primarily about self responsibility and making your own way - they lose.
The democrats have a brooooooooooad base of people who are either at the receiving end of the free stuff - or believe others should get it.
Unfortunately you preach self responsibility to an irresponsible public - you will get nowhere.
And at that - liberty dies.

Everybody gets free stuff

The old, the young, farmers, families, minorities...

The wealthy get more free stuff than anyone else

No disagreement from me.
That is what I said, the Democrats "get it" - promise your base free money/services for nothing - you keep getting their votes. And liberty dies.
Under Obama the middle class get f*cked. The wealthy super-elite get everything they want under the sun and including several $Trillion of our tax dollars. The lower class get free stuff and forever unemployment - and the middle class are being extracted from to pay for BOTH.
At least with the republicans, we only get screwed on the top end - under Obama - those of us who 'do the right thing" get screwed on both ends.
Either way - if you are in the middle class, you have no chance of improvement from either party.

The amount of hate in this thread is unbelievable.

You wonder why these people are sill here if they hate this country so much.

Irony much?

Seems the leftist, radical liberals should leave since they want to 'Change' the way the United States has thrived in the past.

-Geaux

Actually..this country was started by Liberals..not conservatives.There were a couple of "conservative" founders.

They included Benedict Arnold and Aaron Burr.

This country is always changing. It HAS TOO. The World is changing.

You don't see the military carrying around muskets, do you?

Oh..and we have an Air Force.

Too bad that they are not the same liberals who helped found this country of freedom of individuals, limited government and no Federal taxes from the citizens.

The liberals of today stole the word liberal and are the total opposite of what our liberal founders were.

Wrong, Norton. Obama and Biden and the rest of the dems only pay lip service to wounded vets, they are much more interested in keeping ghetto welfare people fully fed, housed, and clothed because they are dem voters.

Actually, they've done both..but not for the reasons you've pointed out.

And in this nation of so much wealth, why are their ghettos filled with able bodied Americans?

:eek:

two reasons:

1. the obama economy has not created new jobs

2. if the govt will give you $350/week, why work for $400/week.

1. Yes it has, over 8 million of them.
2. Bullshit. The Majority of Americans want to work.

I didn't watch the State of the Union fantasy. I didn't watch any of the responses. I didn't watch any of the talking heads at all. I didn't watch MSNBC, CNN, Fox or any of the President's Pravda networks. I watched a Sherlock Holmes movie staring Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce which was made around 1940 during the Battle of Britain. I wonder which one of us had the better, more productive time?

First thing this morning, I sent an email to Senator Jim Inhoff, Senator Tom Coburn and Congressman Jim Bridenstine. In it I reminded all three of them that Barry is a certified, bold-faced liar ("If you like your doctor, you can keep them. Period") and that since he took office, 90 million Americans no longer participate in the job force, a 30 year high. I reminded them that the average American's income has dropped $4,000 over the past five years. I commended Senator Coburn on his plan that would replace Obamacare and threw my unqualified support behind its immediate implementation. I once again told them that I didn't care what Barry and his criminal cronies wanted, I hope they filibuster, stall, block and attempt to defeat his agenda regardless of the cost. I also reminded them that as members of Congress, when Barry takes out his pen and tries to unilaterally do something that is specifically within Congress' purview, I hope that they will have the fortitude to bring each and every one of them before the Supreme Court. I then sent a rather sizeable donation to a favorite Tea Party group.

Today, I have a horse that is getting ready to foal, so I have to watch her pretty closely. But tonight I think I'll watch another Sherlock Holmes movie made during World War II. They're a little campy, but I love them.

The idea of Mrs. Obama sitting with a wounded veteran is the height of hypocrisy to me. I do not recall any prior administration treating our Veterans as if they are criminals. The disrespect has been off the charts from day one and it is a shame the soldier didn't decline their offer and tell Michele to invite Bill Ayers or someone from the Muslim Brotherhood to take his place. It would have been a far more realistic picture of what is currently going on up there.

- Jeri

Obama USED the wounded vet to try to make political points.

Tell us Obozo, why must charity organizations like Wounded Warriers take care of these guys and girls? If there is any category of americans that the govt should take full care of its these kids that it sent off be maimed in stupid useless wars----but no, the govt gives them a token monthly payment and turns them over to family and charity----------its WRONG.

Really now.

President Obama knew this particular vet prior to him getting wounded.

In fact, he kept in touch with the young man.

Additionally, President Obama has increased and advocating for increasing benefits to veterans.

44 - Obama signs bill expanding health services for veterans
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/06/u...rease-spending-on-veterans-programs.html?_r=0

Obama isn't responsible for one soldier but all of them. It doesn't matter that he recognizes one particular soldier when he mistreated the rest of them regularly.

Democrats honored our veterans
Republicans honored a Duck Dynasty star

Democrats use veterans to make their party look good.
Republicans honored a successful business man that helps to make this country great.
Democrats demonize the successful people.

grow up Norton, posts like that just make you look like more of an idiot than you usually do.

Why do Republicans leave themselves open to comparisons like this?

I think last year it was Ted Nugent. Do Republicans think before they act?

There is more to this than image. You and the dems live in a fantasy world of rap music and hollyloonies pretending to be real people.

Doing what is right is not always popular, but its always right.

And in this nation of so much wealth, why are their ghettos filled with able bodied Americans?

two reasons:

If 8 million people get jobs and 12 million lose their jobs----is that a net job gain or loss?

yes, the majority want to work, but a significant minority are content to suck the govt tit their entire lives.

grow up Norton, posts like that just make you look like more of an idiot than you usually do.

There is more to this than image. You and the dems live in a fantasy world of rap music and hollyloonies pretending to be real people.

Most Americans do not believe what the Republicans are doing is right

That is why they have an approval rating in the 20-30% range

A List of Lies in TSOU

Hot Air blog provides the following with links to AO, The Washington Post, and Politico. I guess that makes it a hatchet job?

Snow jobs and minimum honesty: Fact-check roundup on SOTU
posted at 9:21 am on January 29, 2014 by Ed Morrissey

Usually after the State of the Union, we’d feature a media fact check to see where spin crossed the line in the presidential address into “You lie!” territory. Perhaps because Barack Obama managed to “win” Politifact’s Lie of the Year in 2013, we have a few media outlets on the case today — the Associated Press, Glenn Kessler at the Washington Post, and Politico all got rapid research completed overnight. What nuggets did they find?

Read the full piece @ Snow jobs and minimum honesty: Fact-check roundup on SOTU « Hot Air

and from The Atlantic comes this:

The Most Glaring State of the Union Omissions

President Obama spoke on a wide range of subjects—and shouldn't have left these out.
Conor Friedersdorf Jan 29 2014, @ The Most Glaring State of the Union Omissions - Conor Friedersdorf - The Atlantic

two reasons:

77% of those 8 million are part time jobs thanks to the 30 hr. work week in the new ACA.

Obama’s Real State of the Union

By marinevetforfreedom on January 28, 2014

http://marinevetforfreedom.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/obama-asshole-idiot-moron.jpg?w=300&h=261

Okay, so it's no secret that I don't think very highly of our current president and I find things like the following rather humorous – and true. So, go ahead and read this, keeping in mind that it's written by someone who shares my feelings.

Snip
Tonight, this chamber speaks with one voice to the people we represent: it is you, our citizens, who make the state of our union strong.

Here are the results of your efforts: The lowest unemployment rate in over five years because of manipulated job reports from the Bureau of Labor Statistic not reporting the number who just stop working. A rebounding housing market, largely due to the same prime mortgages that caused the first housing bubble, and eventual collapse. A manufacturing sector that’s adding jobs for the first time since the 1990s, mostly in foreign countries. More oil produced at home than we buy from the rest of the world – the first time that’s happened in nearly twenty years, and all on private land, mostly in North Dakota because the Federal Government will not allow us to use our land. Our deficits – cut by more than half, from what they were inflated to, though still about 200 billion dollars above what President Bush was spending. And for the first time in over a decade, business leaders around the world have declared that China is no longer the world’s number one place to invest; America is, even though China is about to become the reserve currency in the world.
snip

Read @ Obama?s Real State of the Union | Marine Vet For Freedom

Dems approval rating is only 27%
Americans disapprove of both parties.

So, I guess your solution is for the GOP to become liberal democrats?

Those approval ratings apply to both parties, congress as a whole has an even lower rating and obama is in the mid 40s.

Democrats use veterans to make their party look good.
Republicans honored a successful business man that helps to make this country great.
Democrats demonize the successful people.

There is some talk about Willie Robertson running for Congress. If he did that, he would naturally walk away with the seat. Asking him to attend was more political than anything else.

What a dog and pony show. Glad I chose not to watch that narcissistic, arrogant, jackass Obama. How about telling us the state of the Union like you're supposed to, jackass. Instead we get another campaign speech.

Forum List

Back