[OFFICIAL] State of the Union Address Thread

We didn't need a SOTU lecture to get the drift that Obummer has been a complete epic failure. With that, the United States lost as well.

-Geaux

Obama-promises-1.png

Kind of old isn't it?

How could Obama have kept the unemployment rate under 8% when it was 8.2% and rising when he took office?

Obama has cut the deficit in half

In terms of being a one term President....He would not have been overwhelmingly reelected if the people were not satisfied with his progress on the economy

No, he would not have been elected without the lies and coverups!

In the end.....Obama gets it...Republicans don't. And THAT is a BIG problem.
What does Obama get?..that as long as his party preaches free stuff for the hopeless - he wins.
Republicans rebuttal was primarily about self responsibility and making your own way - they lose.
The democrats have a brooooooooooad base of people who are either at the receiving end of the free stuff - or believe others should get it.
Unfortunately you preach self responsibility to an irresponsible public - you will get nowhere.
And at that - liberty dies.

Everybody gets free stuff

The old, the young, farmers, families, minorities...

The wealthy get more free stuff than anyone else

This is laughable.

Another example of the ridiculous knee jerk reactionary stance you folks now take.

This COSTS the government absolutely NOTHING to do.

And it assures that private entities, hired by the government, at the EXPENSE of tax payers, are sharing the fat loot they get with the people ACTUALLY PERFORMING THE LABOR.

If they think that isn't fair? They could refuse the contract.

This is an EXTREMELY moderate step.

So you the the contractors are just going to eat the increased costs and not pass them on to their client?

You must think all the boardrooms are a buzz this morning telling their ceos, "We are going to have to cut your bonuses in order to pay for the increase Lord Obama has bestowed on us."

Personally?

I don't think the government should be even hiring private contractors.

It's not a right bestowed upon private business that they get fat government contracts.

I'd rather see the government hire a pool of professionals that do most of this work.

This was illustrated by the failure of the government healthcare website. That was given to a private contractor to do.

But if they are going to get those fat contracts, then it's NOT unreasonable to assure that American workers perform the labor and are paid a fair wage for it.

Why you guys constantly side with billionaires is beyond me. :cuckoo:

It's a meaningless gesture intended to trick dumb-asses into thinking he gives a shit. It has no effect on current contracts. It doesn't even go into effect this year. And besides, the bottom earners are already making more than that. BTW, why didn't he do the same with all government employees?

Last edited:
In the end.....Obama gets it...Republicans don't. And THAT is a BIG problem.
What does Obama get?..that as long as his party preaches free stuff for the hopeless - he wins.
Republicans rebuttal was primarily about self responsibility and making your own way - they lose.
The democrats have a brooooooooooad base of people who are either at the receiving end of the free stuff - or believe others should get it.
Unfortunately you preach self responsibility to an irresponsible public - you will get nowhere.
And at that - liberty dies.

And that's why it's time for a 'Second Amendment' solution!

The treatment of our wounded veterans by this administration is a total disgrace. Of course they used this man to gain political points. They have no shame. That is what happens when one continues to ignore ones own conscience. The truth is the Obama's will answer to God just as everyone will. It matters not whether they believe in God. He is going to judge them one day for their part because to whom much is given much is required. They may enjoy a few more years of lavish living but for an eternity in hell? What kind of foolishness is that? I pity their children. It is a terrible thing to grow up and find out your parents were responsible for the deaths of so many people, for enabling our enemies to infiltrate America un - noticed - it reminds me of the young man who found out his own father was a nazi war criminal. He was devastated and changed his last name but still he felt the filth and shame. Sad.

The Obama's know that ruling by executive orders is wrong yet they continue to do it. They will answer for their part and one day at the judgment the entire world will see every hidden thing they have ever done and realize no one fools God. Not even the Obamas.

In what way do you think Democrats represent this country?

I thought they made it pretty damned clear that they didn't like this country the way it was and what they were hell bent on doing was changing it. Now you claim they represent America.

What utter nonsense.

Then you know nothing about Democrats, all you know is your own scorn. What a pity for you.

Both parties represent America.

I know everything about Democrats. The problem is you who support this leadership have been hoodwinked. Your party has been hijacked by radical leftists that don't represent your values. Our party has been hijacked by a bunch of scared Republicans that are afraid to listen to what their party wants. They don't listen to the people anymore.

its called the Far Right and Left....."if you dont want what we want .....fuck you"....

Then you know nothing about Democrats, all you know is your own scorn. What a pity for you.

Both parties represent America.

I know everything about Democrats. The problem is you who support this leadership have been hoodwinked. Your party has been hijacked by radical leftists that don't represent your values. Our party has been hijacked by a bunch of scared Republicans that are afraid to listen to what their party wants. They don't listen to the people anymore.

That would be true if you were talking about Republicans.

The majority of the people in this country are Center-Left Liberals. That is evidenced by you folks not getting the majority of the vote since 2000. Fact is, this country was started by Liberals, not Conservatives.

Radical right wing types are seeking to impose minority rule in America.

so are radical left wing types.....

The idea of Mrs. Obama sitting with a wounded veteran is the height of hypocrisy to me. I do not recall any prior administration treating our Veterans as if they are criminals. The disrespect has been off the charts from day one and it is a shame the soldier didn't decline their offer and tell Michele to invite Bill Ayers or someone from the Muslim Brotherhood to take his place. It would have been a far more realistic picture of what is currently going on up there.

- Jeri

What world have you been living in?

Both Michelle Obama and Jill Biden have worked tirelessly for Veterans and their families

Put away your hate for once

I'm living in the real world whereas you appear to be living some place else. There isn't anything hateful about stating the truth other than your inability to tolerate it. That would be your problem not mine. Seek help. - Jeri

The idea of Mrs. Obama sitting with a wounded veteran is the height of hypocrisy to me. I do not recall any prior administration treating our Veterans as if they are criminals. The disrespect has been off the charts from day one and it is a shame the soldier didn't decline their offer and tell Michele to invite Bill Ayers or someone from the Muslim Brotherhood to take his place. It would have been a far more realistic picture of what is currently going on up there.

- Jeri

Both Michelle Obama and Jill Biden have worked tirelessly for Veterans and their families

I'm living in the real world whereas you appear to be living some place else. There isn't anything hateful about stating the truth other than your inability to tolerate it. That would be your problem not mine. Seek help. - Jeri

Michelle Obama: Program hired, trained 380,000 veterans

Earlier this year, Obama announced that the Joining Forces program she started along with Jill Biden, wife of Vice President Joe Biden, more than two years ago had hired 290,000 veterans and spouses. This latest new hiring number is nearly four times the original goal the program wanted to reach by the end of 2013.

Last edited:

- Jeri

Obama USED the wounded vet to try to make political points.

Tell us Obozo, why must charity organizations like Wounded Warriers take care of these guys and girls? If there is any category of americans that the govt should take full care of its these kids that it sent off be maimed in stupid useless wars----but no, the govt gives them a token monthly payment and turns them over to family and charity----------its WRONG.

Really now.

President Obama knew this particular vet prior to him getting wounded.

In fact, he kept in touch with the young man.

Additionally, President Obama has increased and advocating for increasing benefits to veterans.

44 - Obama signs bill expanding health services for veterans
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/06/u...rease-spending-on-veterans-programs.html?_r=0

It is NOT wrong, look up how many times the Bush's and Reagan used it, far in excess of Obama. IF it was wrong or illegal, you can bet your sweet bippy that the T.P. would have brought charges against him.

- Jeri

Wrong, Norton. Obama and Biden and the rest of the dems only pay lip service to wounded vets, they are much more interested in keeping ghetto welfare people fully fed, housed, and clothed because they are dem voters.

Actually, they've done both..but not for the reasons you've pointed out.

And in this nation of so much wealth, why are their ghettos filled with able bodied Americans?

:eek:

Back to the "speech".

Nothing new, same old rhetoric, class warfare, evil republicans, I, I , I, I, me, me , me, me

even the fake democrat applause was tepid at best.

No one likes or trusts this guy, but the dems have to pretend for another 3 years.

- Jeri

Tell us Obozo, why must charity organizations like Wounded Warriers take care of these guys and girls? If there is any category of americans that the govt should take full care of its these kids that it sent off be maimed in stupid useless wars----but no, the govt gives them a token monthly payment and turns them over to family and charity----------its WRONG.

im pretty sure most of our Presidents have done the same thing.....if it isnt Vets its some other disabled people.....i think its pathetic when they do this....

- Jeri

Really now.

Additionally, President Obama has increased and advocating for increasing benefits to veterans.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/06/u...rease-spending-on-veterans-programs.html?_r=0

then why are these wounded vets dependent on charities like Wounded warriers? You are being lied to, the govt is NOT taking care of them as it should.

Wrong, Norton. Obama and Biden and the rest of the dems only pay lip service to wounded vets, they are much more interested in keeping ghetto welfare people fully fed, housed, and clothed because they are dem voters.

Actually, they've done both..but not for the reasons you've pointed out.

And in this nation of so much wealth, why are their ghettos filled with able bodied Americans?

:eek:

two reasons:

1. the obama economy has not created new jobs

2. if the govt will give you $350/week, why work for $400/week.

- Jeri

Really now.

even if the story is true, which I doubt, he still used the guy for political points.

and Yes, others have done it too. It was wrong then and is wrong now.

Democrats honored our veterans
Republicans honored a Duck Dynasty star

Forum List

Back