[OFFICIAL] State of the Union Address Thread

grow up Norton, posts like that just make you look like more of an idiot than you usually do.

Why do Republicans leave themselves open to comparisons like this?

I think last year it was Ted Nugent. Do Republicans think before they act?

You have a problem with normal average everyday Americans?

I think we have firmly established that Democrats despise normal Americans, thus they hate America itself because they can't relate. They feel they're too good for them. They feel they're smarter and more informed.

It's just that they know so much about what is wrong with America and ignore what is right about it.

I think the sheep, think they are part of the elitist crowd. But they are still sheep. I wonder what it will take to make them see they are simple sheep

Why do Republicans leave themselves open to comparisons like this?

I think last year it was Ted Nugent. Do Republicans think before they act?

You have a problem with normal average everyday Americans?

I think we have firmly established that Democrats despise normal Americans, thus they hate America itself because they can't relate. They feel they're too good for them. They feel they're smarter and more informed.

It's just that they know so much about what is wrong with America and ignore what is right about it.

I think the sheep, think they are part of the elitist crowd. But they are still sheep. I wonder what it will take to make them see they are simple sheep

Did somebody say sheep?

Never mind he plagiarized half the speech from Bush.

Right! I heard one of Bush's former speechwriters confirm that, last night, with Megyn Kelly. :lol:

If you want to watch the segment, go right here...it is on video:

Bush speechwriter: Obama plagiarized Bush - POLITICO.com

President George W. Bush's former speech writer said that President Barack Obama plagiarized his former boss in Tuesday's State of the Union address.

Speaking to Fox News's Megyn Kelly, Marc Thiessen, the lead writer on Bush's 2007 State of the Union address, said he found Obama's speech Tuesday night "eerily familiar."

"Barack Obama has gone from blaming George W. Bush to plagiarizing George W. Bush," Thiessen said.

Thiessen then read phrases from the 2007 speech which focused on the theme "hope and opportunity."

Ayn was a Libertarian.
All societies are eventually doomed.
What's your point?
All societies are eventually doomed??

Its a historical fact. All the great empires and civilizations of the past have eventually died out. Rome is a more noticeable example of that, since it succumbed to the same problems America is now experiencing.
A republic is said to have an average lifespan of
200, years! Once the people realize they can vote for their government to take care of them - it is near the end.

Bush speechwriter: Obama plagiarized Bush

Read more about: State Of The Union, State Of The Union 2014

It was eerily familiar. There were lines like 'Our job is to help Americans build a future of hope and opportunity, a future of hope and opportunity begins with a growing economy, a future of hope and opportunity requires that all citizens have affordable and available healthcare, extending opportunity and hope depends on a stable supply of energy,' all of that came from the 2007 State of the Union from George W. Bush," Thiessen said.

A quick text compare shows that no lines were directly lifted from Bush's 2007 speech in the one Obama gave on Tuesday. There are some minor similarities between the two: Obama use a version of the word "opportunity" more than ten times in his speech, Bush used the word at least eight times. Both speeches also ended with a moving story about a wounded veteran.

plagiarism
  Use Plagiarism in a sentence
pla·gia·rism
[pley-juh-riz-uhm, -jee-uh-riz-] Show IPA
noun
an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author: It is said that he plagiarized Thoreau's plagiarism of a line written by Montaigne. Synonyms: appropriation, infringement, piracy, counterfeiting; theft, borrowing, cribbing, passing off.
a piece of writing or other work reflecting such unauthorized use or imitation: “These two manuscripts are clearly plagiarisms,” the editor said, tossing them angrily on the floor.
Plagiarism | Define Plagiarism at Dictionary.com

Let's see what that really looks like:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYg7vSd7RBA]Rachel Maddow Catches Rand Paul Plagiarizing Off Wikipedia And Goes Off: Is This Highschool? - YouTube[/ame]

Never mind he plagiarized half the speech from Bush.

Sure he did, sure.......:cuckoo:

A quick text compare shows that no lines were directly lifted from Bush’s 2007 speech in the one Obama gave on Tuesday. There are some minor similarities between the two: Obama use a version of the word “opportunity” more than ten times in his speech, Bush used the word at least eight times. Both speeches also ended with a moving story about a wounded veteran.

Former Bush speechwriter: ?Obama has gone from blaming Bush to plagiarizing Bush? - BizPac Review

Bush speechwriter: Obama plagiarized Bush

Read more about: State Of The Union, State Of The Union 2014

It was eerily familiar. There were lines like 'Our job is to help Americans build a future of hope and opportunity, a future of hope and opportunity begins with a growing economy, a future of hope and opportunity requires that all citizens have affordable and available healthcare, extending opportunity and hope depends on a stable supply of energy,' all of that came from the 2007 State of the Union from George W. Bush," Thiessen said.

A quick text compare shows that no lines were directly lifted from Bush's 2007 speech in the one Obama gave on Tuesday. There are some minor similarities between the two: Obama use a version of the word "opportunity" more than ten times in his speech, Bush used the word at least eight times. Both speeches also ended with a moving story about a wounded veteran.

plagiarism
  Use Plagiarism in a sentence
pla·gia·rism
[pley-juh-riz-uhm, -jee-uh-riz-] Show IPA
noun
an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author: It is said that he plagiarized Thoreau's plagiarism of a line written by Montaigne. Synonyms: appropriation, infringement, piracy, counterfeiting; theft, borrowing, cribbing, passing off.
a piece of writing or other work reflecting such unauthorized use or imitation: “These two manuscripts are clearly plagiarisms,” the editor said, tossing them angrily on the floor.
Plagiarism | Define Plagiarism at Dictionary.com

Let's see what that really looks like:

QUOTE]

I actually agree. Of course there will be similarities with Bush's speeches and I will bet the last 5 SOTU addresses. Since we having fixed anything in a long while. This is just a distraction.

Interesting lack of response from the resident liberals...

If you're non-partisan, why do you always attack Democrats?

Because the address was made by a liberal president, you dolt.

So if I inform you that Republicans made a total of 4 separate addresses responding to the SOTU,

THEN we can expect you'll start 4 'fact checking' threads on them?

I'm guessing the answer is that is 'no'.

All SOTU speeches are bullshit. I don't care who's giving them.

Most of are nothing but a POTUS trying to put a positive spin on their presidency.

As I said. Most of em are nothing but bullshit.

Forum List

Back