[OFFICIAL] State of the Union Address Thread

All SOTU speeches are bullshit. I don't care who's giving them.

Most of are nothing but a POTUS trying to put a positive spin on their presidency.

As I said. Most of em are nothing but bullshit.

Which is why I have never watched or listened to them....:thup:

If you're non-partisan, why do you always attack Democrats?

Because the address was made by a liberal president, you dolt.

So if I inform you that Republicans made a total of 4 separate addresses responding to the SOTU,

THEN we can expect you'll start 4 'fact checking' threads on them?

I'm guessing the answer is that is 'no'.

Jealous? If you read the linked article, it does fact check the Republican response. But given your limited capacitance for reading comprehension, I didn't expect you to click the link and look for it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr13KJa_tpQ]Fmr. Bush Speechwriter: Obama Plagiarized Bush's 2007 SOTU Speech - YouTube[/ame]

So if I inform you that Republicans made a total of 4 separate addresses responding to the SOTU,

Jealous? If you read the linked article, it does fact check the Republican response. But given your limited capacitance for reading comprehension, I didn't expect you to click the link and look for it.

Then I guess I'm at fault for thinking your thread title and OP might be honest.

Real Bullshit with intent can be seen in the remarks of Colin Powell to the United Nations as an excuse to invade Iraq. Real Demagoguery could be heard in the remarks of the official Republican response by the Stepford Representative from Washington State, and real insanity in the remarks of Ted Cruz and Rand Paul.

Of course it matters not what Obama said, the usual suspects would hear what they wanted to hear, for not doing so would be unsettling and for those with an IQ over 89 would create cognitive dissonance - a nearly fatal malady in a member of the echo chamber.

I wonder how many women were embarrassed by the Republican Response? Clearly an attempt by the GOP to put to rest the comments of so many members of that party who call women sluts and whores.

IF what you say is true, and there is zero proof of that, why haven't the wealthy been brought to their knees? After all, you quote "FAIR AND EQUAL", so where is the loss and pain for the wealthy? Exactly as I thought, there is none, so your theory fails to hold water.

Obama has done more to create this so called income inequality than any president in history

I believe it is THE reason he has been elected twice. Because people are buying into it.

I suppose the world is flat

Here! I got one!

REP. CATHY McMORRIS RODGERS of Washington, in her prepared Republican response: "Last month, more Americans stopped looking for a job than found one. Too many people are falling further and further behind because, right now, the president's policies are making people's lives harder."

THE FACTS: She leaves out a significant factor in the high number of people who aren't looking for jobs: Baby boomers are retiring.

It's true that a large part of the still-high unemployment rate is due to jobless workers who have given up looking for a job. There are roughly three people seeking every job opening, a circumstance that can discourage others from trying. But one big reason people aren't seeking employment is that there are so many boomers — the generation born in the immediate aftermath of World War II — and therefore more than the usual number of retirements.
Fact Check: Less than meets eye in Obama speech

I see Representative Rogers used the same answer many posters use, they must follow the same talking heads. :confused:

Personally, I stopped watching State of the Unions/Responses years ago. All's all political posturing (yawn) and with cable news we get that everyday anyway.
But I did watch Black Sails, now that was interesting. :cool:

Obama has done more to create this so called income inequality than any president in history

I believe it is THE reason he has been elected twice. Because people are buying into it.

Exactly how?

There are those who believe the world is flat, the wealth of the few will tickle down to the many and that corporations are people too; speech is curtailed if the rich cannot buy elections and man cannot truly be free unless s/he has access to weapons of mass destruction.

Last edited by a moderator:

You are going to have to back that tall tale up

Here! I got one!

REP. CATHY McMORRIS RODGERS of Washington, in her prepared Republican response: "Last month, more Americans stopped looking for a job than found one. Too many people are falling further and further behind because, right now, the president's policies are making people's lives harder."

THE FACTS: She leaves out a significant factor in the high number of people who aren't looking for jobs: Baby boomers are retiring.

It's true that a large part of the still-high unemployment rate is due to jobless workers who have given up looking for a job. There are roughly three people seeking every job opening, a circumstance that can discourage others from trying. But one big reason people aren't seeking employment is that there are so many boomers — the generation born in the immediate aftermath of World War II — and therefore more than the usual number of retirements.
Fact Check: Less than meets eye in Obama speech

I see Representative Rogers used the same answer many posters use, they must follow the same talking heads. :confused:

Personally, I stopped watching State of the Unions/Responses years ago. All's all political posturing (yawn) and with cable news we get that everyday anyway.
But I did watch Black Sails, now that was interesting. :cool:

So Cathy Three Names is a big fat liar but TemplarKormac won't start a thread about her?

Partisan hackery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back