Official UMSB Mafia Game 7 - Revolution in WiFom City (The Resistance)

I had hoped a little more discussion would have been generated by my proposed list. Seems like the game is moving slower than I had imagined.

Josh_B

What makes you uncomfortable with Grandma and FA and me?

Sorry that I didn't get to this earlier. It's not that I am kind of uncomfortable with that team because last game FA was scum, and I let him get away so many times, I kept going back and forth on reading you, and for a while I straight thought Grandma was scum.

This game isn't "send whoever Josh picks everytime." But my suggestions are towards people that I feel comfortable reading fairly quickly with the little amount of information I have and my goal is try to help out as best I can while hoping I get picked since it's nearly impossible for me to have a mission of my own. I think I may have been a little hasty in my town read of Arden. His plan seems like it might be town, but it seriously limits the number of players that will be going on the missions and only guarantees our victory if all of the last three players are scum. I know I'm not, and I don't think Moonglow or Shiatra are, so it seems like Arden's plan favors scum being on the missions in such a way that only one scum will be on each mission and reducing the chances scum outing themselves by cross failing the missions.

Part of Arden's plan includes skipping Avatar on the first mission, which makes me think it was done on purpose to split later scum from being on the same mission. I can kind of see how he would have just taken Avatar off of the first mission because he's the one most suspected right now. But at the same time, Avatar almost ate an all town lynch in our last game if FA hadn't jumped on the wagon the way he did.

I feel like Wolfsister is trying to paint me as scum pushing my scum buddies onto the mission, but I can see that sort of skepticism as coming from a town mindset even though I'm not one of the people pushing "pick me, pick me" in my first post.

So, as I understand it, we have five missions. The Leaders are set in a queue, and they cycle through mission attempts and rejected groups. I would imagine the Leader would have to explain his or her reason for rejecting the group in question.

This is basically Day 1 in the sense that we have no reliable information. We also cannot kill Scum, or utilize flips to our advantage. What we can do, however, is use our wits to suss out the less-than-honest members within our little group. That much is obvious. The game will rely heavily upon one's character and reactions to various pressures.

In order to start getting usable information for process of elimination, we must see to it that this first mission is voted for. If it does pass yet fails, because there's at least one Scum on board, that will be very useful indeed. The nominations and votes will also be public, which will further bolster our chances of defeating the Scum.

Ah, I misread. The Leader noms and the public votes to approve the team... but apparently there's more. There are also votes to pass or fail the mission, and those are private. Scum could happily vote to approve a mission if one of their members are on it. And only the votes of the people on the missions remains hidden...? (Confusing.)

Time to Scumhunt. Let's see...

I had hoped a little more discussion would have been generated by my proposed list. Seems like the game is moving slower than I had imagined.

Josh_B

What makes you uncomfortable with Grandma and FA and me?

Sorry that I didn't get to this earlier. It's not that I am kind of uncomfortable with that team because last game FA was scum, and I let him get away so many times, I kept going back and forth on reading you, and for a while I straight thought Grandma was scum.

This game isn't "send whoever Josh picks everytime." But my suggestions are towards people that I feel comfortable reading fairly quickly with the little amount of information I have and my goal is try to help out as best I can while hoping I get picked since it's nearly impossible for me to have a mission of my own. I think I may have been a little hasty in my town read of Arden. His plan seems like it might be town, but it seriously limits the number of players that will be going on the missions and only guarantees our victory if all of the last three players are scum. I know I'm not, and I don't think Moonglow or Shiatra are, so it seems like Arden's plan favors scum being on the missions in such a way that only one scum will be on each mission and reducing the chances scum outing themselves by cross failing the missions.

Part of Arden's plan includes skipping Avatar on the first mission, which makes me think it was done on purpose to split later scum from being on the same mission. I can kind of see how he would have just taken Avatar off of the first mission because he's the one most suspected right now. But at the same time, Avatar almost ate an all town lynch in our last game if FA hadn't jumped on the wagon the way he did.

I feel like Wolfsister is trying to paint me as scum pushing my scum buddies onto the mission, but I can see that sort of skepticism as coming from a town mindset even though I'm not one of the people pushing "pick me, pick me" in my first post.

I'm town. Of course this probably won't solve your dilemma given this is a mind game, and it is hard to trust anyone. I really don't have a whole of lot of reads on anyone, it seems as if there is not enough chatter this game to go on and it kinda sucks. When I asked you that question above it was in the hops of starting conversations. I have been trying to ask a lot of questions to get reads. I am not sure of the 2 I picked TBH. I feel like this is a crapshoot until more are speaking or we have a flip. Hopefully the mission will be a success. If it is not, I will know Grandma or Shai (or possibly both) are definite scum.

So, as I understand it, we have five missions. The Leaders are set in a queue, and they cycle through mission attempts and rejected groups. I would imagine the Leader would have to explain his or her reason for rejecting the group in question.

This is basically Day 1 in the sense that we have no reliable information. We also cannot kill Scum, or utilize flips to our advantage. What we can do, however, is use our wits to suss out the less-than-honest members within our little group. That much is obvious. The game will rely heavily upon one's character and reactions to various pressures.

In order to start getting usable information for process of elimination, we must see to it that this first mission is voted for. If it does pass yet fails, because there's at least one Scum on board, that will be very useful indeed. The nominations and votes will also be public, which will further bolster our chances of defeating the Scum.

Ah, I misread. The Leader noms and the public votes to approve the team... but apparently there's more. There are also votes to pass or fail the mission, and those are private. Scum could happily vote to approve a mission if one of their members are on it. And only the votes of the people on the missions remains hidden...? (Confusing.)

Time to Scumhunt. Let's see...

Any reads at all yet Wake?

FWIF

I feel like you came in and just regurgitated what was spoken of day 1 and gave no real input. Didn't we already go over most of this? My scumdar is pinging.

FWIF

I feel like you came in and just regurgitated what was spoken of day 1 and gave no real input. Didn't we already go over most of this? My scumdar is pinging.

In time, yes.

I've been very busy.

First, whoever the holdout is, is probably scum.

Second, Just saying you are town over and over does not make it true. Someone told me that once.

Third, I expect the mission to pass after the pressure I put on Cafe yesterday.

Fourth, Although this might make me suspicious, I am still feeling feverish and bitchy and likely to not post much until better.

Fifth-Wake's behavior only solidifies my suspicions of him. He's mostly IIoA which makes him look like he's contributing but he isn't really helping progress the game.

FWIF

In time, yes.

I've been very busy.

I totally get life gets in the way, but like I said it seemed as if you just repeated what we had already discussed and then when you said this:

"Time to Scumhunt. Let's see..."

You were returning with reads, perhaps I misunderstood?

First, whoever the holdout is, is probably scum.

Second, Just saying you are town over and over does not make it true. Someone told me that once.

Third, I expect the mission to pass after the pressure I put on Cafe yesterday.

Fourth, Although this might make me suspicious, I am still feeling feverish and bitchy and likely to not post much until better.

Fifth-Wake's behavior only solidifies my suspicions of him. He's mostly IIoA which makes him look like he's contributing but he isn't really helping progress the game.

1. I agree

2. If someone says they are unsure about a read on you directly I would expect an answer, wouldn't you?

3. If you did not like my list or choices then don't vote for it. Not sure what you mean by pressure, in fact I am pretty sure you agreed on this thread with both my lists or at least the first. I hope the mission passes, I know it will on my end.

5. Yup, as has been stated already.

FWIF

In time, yes.

I've been very busy.

I totally get life gets in the way, but like I said it seemed as if you just repeated what we had already discussed and then when you said this:

"Time to Scumhunt. Let's see..."

You were returning with reads, perhaps I misunderstood?

I haven't had the time.

When I made that post I working through my understanding of this game's concept. It's so different than what I'm used to. I can't vote, lynch, see flips, or use process if elimination as I am used to. This weekend I should have precious time to better engage.

Forum List

Back