Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

@Mertex

did you activate the Shield ability you stole?
Yes she did. I did not track down the post but it was there. Of note is that the ability gave her the one shot meatshield ability to be activated during the night phase. There is absolutely no way whatsoever for town to know or verify if she actually uses and targets someone with it (short of roles or powers that track or something similar).

Not so sure about that. I can force her to activate her ability and the only way to activate it would be to name a protectee so far as I know based on any protection I have ever had. I don't know what the consequences of not doing it would be, but I am assuming it would be modkill or the word "force" has no meaning.
I don't know if it applies anymore because it is no longer a unique day power (ie the ones with the green bullet point) but the day power gave her the role "one shot meatshield." It might work because the role is connected with the unique power.

@Wake clarification please?

I don't know if it applies anymore because it is no longer a unique day power (ie the ones with the green bullet point) but the day power gave her the role "one shot meatshield." It might work because the role is connected with the unique power.

Wake cannot answer that question for the person who does not have the ability I think. It would be giving hints not clarification (and probably result in him being bombarded with PM's every game)

Mertex is pinging my scumdar somewhat but I think we should let her use her ability overnight and not try to wagon her.

Hey, Wolfie...didn't you say your vote is your power?

Why withhold your power if you have a tingle or two? LOL

Believe me, her ability will not be available to any but a VT.

Ask Grandma and Aye if that ain't so.

If she doesn't come up with some crappy excuse not to use it D1 and save it for D2.

So she can target some more Town....what she is constantly claiming being. Non-stop!

Regards from Rosie

She's my number one suspect for D2 right now.

Why not Day1? If you are so sure that I'm Scum, vote for me now. What's keeping you?

Rosie is playing you, just like she mentioned in the QT. She's not afraid of posting exactly what she wants in the QT, because she knows I won't be around long. Too bad we can't copy and paste....but, you'll be able to see it afterwards, and how bad are you going to feel?

If she is telling this plan in the QT then hopefully Aye and Grandma can back it up that she's hatching a scheme like this in the hood. I can't see it so I don't know.

I don't know your alignment for sure, you are just making me uneasy. I do know, if you are town, that you should be given the chance to protect someone and I don't like that anyone would be trying to prevent that unless they can explain to my satisfactorily why they would do that.

I realize that my commentsI will make some uneasy, but I don't think you're going to get either Rosie or Grandma to back anything I say up. Grandma already lied about me. She tells me she thinks I'm Scum and then suggests who I should use the shield on.....really weird. All they are doing is phishing, they must think I am really naive.

Mertex is pinging my scumdar somewhat but I think we should let her use her ability overnight and not try to wagon her.

If she doesn't come up with some crappy excuse not to use it D1 and save it for D2.

So she can target some more Town....what she is constantly claiming being. Non-stop!

Regards from Rosie

Why not Day1? If you are so sure that I'm Scum, vote for me now. What's keeping you?

Rosie is playing you, just like she mentioned in the QT. She's not afraid of posting exactly what she wants in the QT, because she knows I won't be around long. Too bad we can't copy and paste....but, you'll be able to see it afterwards, and how bad are you going to feel?

If she is telling this plan in the QT then hopefully Aye and Grandma can back it up that she's hatching a scheme like this in the hood. I can't see it so I don't know.

I don't know your alignment for sure, you are just making me uneasy. I do know, if you are town, that you should be given the chance to protect someone and I don't like that anyone would be trying to prevent that unless they can explain to my satisfactorily why they would do that.

I realize that my commentsI will make some uneasy, but I don't think you're going to get either Rosie or Grandma to back anything I say up. Grandma already lied about me. She tells me she thinks I'm Scum and then suggests who I should use the shield on.....really weird. All they are doing is phishing, they must think I am really naive.

I already DID back what you said up.

How conveniently Scum Mertex forgets.

Of course I think you should force Mertex to activate, Sam. Who she chooses will give Town very valuable info.

And will remove TN's excuse to not vote to lynch her.

How often to you get a two-fer, Sameech?

Regards from Rosie

I'm not voting for you today as a favor to TN. On Day 2 my first post will be a vote for you.

Yeah, sure. You know I'll be dead by Day 2, but keep acting like you are Town. And why are you doing tn a favor?
Scum is not going to vote for me. Why should they vote for me when there are plenty of Townies willing to do it. They don't need to expose themselves on my wagon, they're saving me for NK.

You mean they won't bus you.

You won't vote for me. You keep saying you will, I dared you to, and you accepted the dare and now all of a sudden you're doing tn a favor and not voting for me? But you will on Day 2? After I'm dead? That vote won't count. :eusa_naughty:

I have no idea how we were picked for the neighborhoods.

Lair!!!

Post 139 in the Neighborhood QT. I had a little chat with Wake.

The original discussion is on the Mafia Discussion thread where I asked Wake about a bastard game. his reply, Post 989:

Mafia Discussion Thread Keep Your Torches and Pitchforks at Home Page 50 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Yes, he has explained how he does it, doesn't mean I know who got what neighborhood and whether or not two scum could be in the same neighborhood. You said in the neighborhood that you were certain I was Scum, so why not vote for someone you are "certain" they are Scum? Because you know for "certain" that I'm not. :)

I'm not voting for you today as a favor to TN. On Day 2 my first post will be a vote for you.

I don't know why the quote didn't show up when I first posted this, but the comment is directed at Mertex.

Like I don't know that? You've been coming after me ever since I first pegged you as Scum. I don't think you should wait until Day 2, unless you're scared.

@Mertex

Yes she did. I did not track down the post but it was there. Of note is that the ability gave her the one shot meatshield ability to be activated during the night phase. There is absolutely no way whatsoever for town to know or verify if she actually uses and targets someone with it (short of roles or powers that track or something similar).

Before anyone goes off thinking I'm lying....I activated it, but I have to pm Wake the name of the person that I am going to use it on. I have to wait until I see who is going to be lynched before submitting the PM, no sense in wasting it on someone that is doomed to be lynched.

@Mertex

Not so sure about that. I can force her to activate her ability and the only way to activate it would be to name a protectee so far as I know based on any protection I have ever had. I don't know what the consequences of not doing it would be, but I am assuming it would be modkill or the word "force" has no meaning.

The way to activate it was to post "Activate: human shield". I did that. Now I have to wait till close to deadline or if someone is close to being lynched to submit the name to Wake. That is what he told me and I believe it.

RANDOM.ORG - List Randomizer

Okay, so how are players chosen for neighborhoods? Roll of the dice> Randomizer script? Arbitrary selection?
@Wake ?

That's great, but you didn't tell us if it is possible for two Scum to be in the same neighborhood. Or more, for that matter. Some were suggesting that one Scum per neighborhood, but if it is random that would also be surprising that randomly one Scum ended up in each neighborhood.

@Mertex

Before anyone goes off thinking I'm lying....I activated it, but I have to pm Wake the name of the person that I am going to use it on. I have to wait until I see who is going to be lynched before submitting the PM, no sense in wasting it on someone that is doomed to be lynched.

The person you claimed you were going to use it on is in no danger of being lynched D1, as far as I can tell.

Unless a ton of people are scheming against SGT_Gath without my knowledge, of course.

Regards from Rosie

I already DID back what you said up.

How conveniently Scum Mertex forgets.

Of course I think you should force Mertex to activate, Sam. Who she chooses will give Town very valuable info.

And will remove TN's excuse to not vote to lynch her.

How often to you get a two-fer, Sameech?

Regards from Rosie
@Mertex

I'm not activating it till the last minute....you can't take it back and I don't want to waste it on someone that may be getting lynched. Why do you ask?

because I thought you had and we've had some say you havent

I did activate it, but like I said in a previous post, I have to submit the name to Wake by pm and I'm not doing until the very last. I don't want to shield someone that is being lynched.

And those that are claiming that I haven't activated it, are not reading the posts. Something else to ponder.

I think we should let Mertex use her ability and I think we should let her keep it private. The less info. scum knows about this, the better.

@Mertex

The person you claimed you were going to use it on is in no danger of being lynched D1, as far as I can tell.

Unless a ton of people are scheming against SGT_Gath without my knowledge, of course.

she protects against night kills not lynches

I can see no reason for anyone to not want to give Mertex a chance to protect someone if she has already activated it and has to use it tonight.

Let's move on to another lynch candidate please.

@Mertex

she protects against night kills not lynches

Please read her recent posts and you will see why I was addressing lynches, Avvie. :)

Forum List

Back