Official USMB Mafia Game #8: Gremlins, Goblins, and Ghouls! (Oh my!)

I'm not sure. He kind of wavers back and forth, and then again, he's got some RL stuff going on. Hard to say.

I'm going to re-read the whole thread yet again, and try to come up with a reads list.

Why did Avi's quote autocorrect from "joat" to "most"?

Silly forum software...

I saw this post and wondered if she was leaving us a clue, I don't think that was an autocorrect Grandma. What do you think?

Wolf, I wish you had stayed and did not self hammer, ignore the BS and play, don't let it get to you.

Avatar, I don't understand how you did not see her claim. It had been the topic of discussion in several posts.

@Aye, quick question/clarification, - scum did not kill anyone, it does not mean they managed to convert the vampire, does it?

Silly forum software...

I saw this post and wondered if she was leaving us a clue, I don't think that was an autocorrect Grandma. What do you think?

Not much of a clue. I can't figure it out.

When I saw it, I thought she purposely changed the letters to and M and an S, maybe representing initials of those she thought were scum. That's all I could come up with. "M", "S" or "MS", "SM", or of course S&M, maybe she was telling us she is kinky. Maybe I have completely lost it. Ignore me. Gah. Seriously, I don't think that was an autocorrect.

Mo = Moonglow and st = Scarlet?

But since she self-hammered she could have just come right out and said it, no need for crumbing.

That is a rather interesting twist. No one died.

If we have a commuter as grandma suggests then we have one hell of a strong power. That could be very powerful. Unfortunately, we have not learned a whole lot though. I am at a loss for scum reads going into day three.

Who else is getting Scumvibes from Avatar?

interesting. I commute over night missing being night killed and you are suddenly scum reading me.

seems like a good place to start

vote wake

can't go for the night kill so you go for the lynch?

Silly forum software...

Wolf, I wish you had stayed and did not self hammer, ignore the BS and play, don't let it get to you.

Avatar, I don't understand how you did not see her claim. It had been the topic of discussion in several posts.

@Aye, quick question/clarification, - scum did not kill anyone, it does not mean they managed to convert the vampire, does it?

NO, the vampire was not converted.

interesting. I commute over night missing being night killed and you are suddenly scum reading me.

vote wake

Um, you seem awfully jumpy.

This is the first I'm hearing about commuting.

I simply asked who else is getting Scumvibes on you, as in gut feelings, and you then retort with a claim of being a Commuter, while then voting for me, which looks an awful lot like an omgus. If you're that defensive when a question is asked about you, maybe I should interrogate you a bit for now, because an overly-defensive reaction like that sort of pings on my radar.

vote wake

I simply asked who else is getting Scumvibes on you, as in gut feelings, and you then retort with a claim of being a Commuter, while then voting for me, which looks an awful lot like an omgus. If you're that defensive when a question is asked about you, maybe I should interrogate you a bit for now, because an overly-defensive reaction like that sort of pings on my radar.
Without a counter claim though the commuter is really the only town confirmed player that we have.

At this point, scum know who the commuter is and that means revealing has absolutely no downside. If Avatar is fake claiming then the real commuter should claim. If he is actually claiming then he is essentially confirmed town. We really need to concentrate on keeping confirmed town alive rather than lynching them.

Without a counter claim though the commuter is really the only town confirmed player that we have.

At this point, scum know who the commuter is and that means revealing has absolutely no downside. If Avatar is fake claiming then the real commuter should claim. If he is actually claiming then he is essentially confirmed town. We really need to concentrate on keeping confirmed town alive rather than lynching them.

Not necessarily. All the supposed abilities have been completely randomized, like with the special abilities in USMB#5. For all we know he could be Scum with the ability or, if he were capable of true deviousness, have him and his partner no-kill and then say he's a Commuter (X-Shot?), and then enjoy town-confirmed status. Aye's flavor makes it sound like maybe that's not the case, but I need to be certain.

Aye, did Scum for sure attempt to NK last Night?

If so then I'm inclined to think he's Town, but I've seen a lot of devious strategies over the years which makes me cautious with undertones of justified paranoia. If there's even a 5% chance that he's devious Scum, it's too much to go ahead and assume he's confirmed.

Likely he was given the Commuter ability, whether X-Shot or not, because there's no Commuter in the initial Setup in the OP. Commuter's are typically either X-Shot or non-consecutive, else' they're invincible every Night.

vote wake

I got the ability to commute in the trick or treat handout. I am town but I don't think me getting that is indicative of me being town if the trick and treats were randomized.

the scum targeted me though but I used it last night.

I don't think anyone can counter claim me though.

I jumped on wakes post because since odds are good that the scum targeted me, they failed which means they need a lynch on me now. He comes on immediately asking if I look scummy after a failed night kill on me? I find that hugely suspicious

Once upon a time, 2 Ghouls had a wicked dream of carrying out a Night Kill against a poor, unsuspecting soul.
With visions of blood and gore running rampant in their heads, the evil duo set out to accomplish their goal.

world-of-warcraft-wrath-of-the-lich-king-screenshots.jpg

To their horror, a monstrous ice storm soon hit, covering their tracks and leaving everything around frozen for miles and miles.

winter-Scenery-waterfall.jpg

Upon hearing of the incoming ice storm, one lucky individual decided to commute to warmer ground long before the Ghouls had even started on their arduous trek, but not before setting up security cameras in case someone tried to break in.

This is the picture those cameras caught:

ghouls+3.JPG

wake the night action specifically says the scum targeted someone and someone commuted out of town

that was me

btw with all the crumbs I left day one you guys should have been townreading me a while now

Not necessarily. All the supposed abilities have been completely randomized, like with the special abilities in USMB#5. For all we know he could be Scum with the ability or, if he were capable of true deviousness, have him and his partner no-kill and then say he's a Commuter (X-Shot?), and then enjoy town-confirmed status. Aye's flavor makes it sound like maybe that's not the case, but I need to be certain.

Aye, did Scum for sure attempt to NK last Night?

If so then I'm inclined to think he's Town, but I've seen a lot of devious strategies over the years which makes me cautious with undertones of justified paranoia. If there's even a 5% chance that he's devious Scum, it's too much to go ahead and assume he's confirmed.

Likely he was given the Commuter ability, whether X-Shot or not, because there's no Commuter in the initial Setup in the OP. Commuter's are typically either X-Shot or non-consecutive, else' they're invincible every Night.
The attempted kill post hinted strongly there is a commuter.

You claimed that your ability reveal was a town action. Now you are here stating the opposite because Avatar revealed commuter. Given that Aye's post points extreemly heavy at not only a commuter but that same commuter was also targeted I find it odd that you would scum read Avatar out of the gate.

Forum List

Back