Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Week of Jan 14th, 2019

Is the political game of chicken being played by BOTH parties worth the lives of a few diabetics?

• Yes, never give in on this wall issue

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, both parties should compromise and get the workers back to work

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Trump should declare a national emergency and resolve the issue

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Any government worker that does not show up for work during the shutdown should be ineligible to receive back pay once the shutdown is settled.

However, this will all fix itself soon. Soon the food stamps and welfare payments will run out and the Democrats will fold like a cheap suit.
So if they aren't willing to work for FREE...fire them?

Did Trump ask her what she would give? Did he ask her anything other than "Do I get my wall". That's not a negotiation. That's a terrorist demand.

Furthermore, by walking out of the meeting, Trump looks weak. Now he's got no way out. If he goes and asks the questions he SHOULD have asked before walking out like a spoiled child. He's given in.

I can't take someone who calls not wanting to deal with a woman who refuses to negotiate terrorism seriously.

You are a clown and dismissed.
Screw trump and his bs art of the deal and btw you shouldn't talk down to your betters

Not only did Trump not write the book, I am betting he has never read it.

Yeah Trump only graduated from an Ivy League school . He's obviously stupid.
Money buys you anything Like the doctor who saved his ass from the army One prof. said he was the dumbest student he ever had
how many do you believe he had? professors that is? come on now, cherry picker. me thinks you forgot your ladder.

Pelosi just canceled the State of the Union Speech. She suggested Trump pick a day after the government is open for business for his little speech, or he could present his address in writing.

Just cancel it altogether, and not have one again. Just political BS, every year. Let’s spare the American people the political parties BS.

Their salaries and benefits an envy of most Americans working in the private sector.

Can’t get fired for poor performance.

Retirement packages that are extinct in the private sector. Most Americans have to save to be able to retire, government workers do not.

Let the shutdown continue. They don’t like it, get a job in the private sector.
Your attack on Federal workers is based on the fact that private sector workers are underpaid and lack decent pensions?

Oh...
pensions are nothing but a ponzi scheme. too fking funny. can't fund them, never have and never will. Much like SS. too fking funny again.

Last edited:
Pelosi just canceled the State of the Union Speech. She suggested Trump pick a day after the government is open for business for his little speech, or he could present his address in writing.

Just cancel it altogether, and not have one again. Just political BS, every year. Let’s spare the American people the political parties BS.

Nope. Not forever. Just until the shut down is over. He could do it in writing, or give his speech from somewhere else, but he won't do it in the House until he ends his tantrum.

These people are owed their pay. That's the agreement the government made with them.

Republicans sure do like to avoid paying bills they run up.
who said they wouldn't get paid? they can be released after 22 working days or 30 days. and back pay for the work in between is what they get. you remain the confused fk in here.

These people are owed their pay. That's the agreement the government made with them.
Republicans sure do like to avoid paying bills they run up.
Lay them off then.
Go ahead, and see how that works out.
Would love it.
So would the Democrats.
Yeah, Democrats want smaller government.

Which universe?
Democrats want the right sized government.

Their salaries and benefits an envy of most Americans working in the private sector.

Can’t get fired for poor performance.

Retirement packages that are extinct in the private sector. Most Americans have to save to be able to retire, government workers do not.

Let the shutdown continue. They don’t like it, get a job in the private sector.
Your attack on Federal workers is based on the fact that private sector workers are underpaid and lack decent pensions?

Oh...
pensions are nothing but a ponzi scheme. too fking funny. can't fund them, never have and never will. Much like SS. to fking funny again.

Pensions are the optimum retirement vehicle

Hopefully, you have a pension, retirement savings and a paid off house

Hilarious. Haven’t missed a check and they’re broke.

They have missed a check you moron.
Oh, they don’t have enough savings to live a couple of days.

Which bears out another falsehood of your OP; their jobs are not all that great to start with.
well then we don't need them. that's what you're saying.

Any government worker that does not show up for work during the shutdown should be ineligible to receive back pay once the shutdown is settled.

However, this will all fix itself soon. Soon the food stamps and welfare payments will run out and the Democrats will fold like a cheap suit.
Great optic for Billionaire Trump

Personally, I think he knew exactly what he was doing. His detractors are blissful in their ignorance and self-assuredness that he is "mentally unstable". But if you look closely at everything he's done so far, the guy is a freaking genius...

"Has President Trump suckered Democrats and the Deep State into a trap that will enable a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy? In only five more days of the already "longest government shutdown in history" (25 days and counting, as of today), a heretofore obscure threshold will be reached, enabling permanent layoffs of bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more.

Don't believe me that federal bureaucrats can be laid off? Well, in bureaucratese, a layoff is called a RIF – a Reduction in Force – and of course, it comes with a slew of civil service protections. But, if the guidelines are followed, bureaucrats can be laid off – as in no more job..."

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/01/trumps_shutdown_trap.html#ixzz5cihjhAVF

Yes,he set a trap for himself and then fell for it?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

They have missed a check you moron.
Oh, they don’t have enough savings to live a couple of days.

Which bears out another falsehood of your OP; their jobs are not all that great to start with.
well then we don't need them. that's what you're saying.

Nope. Try again please.

Democrats can end the shutdown now. Fund the wall.

The GOP can end the shutdown now. Stop holding federal employees and the American people hostage, open the government and let legislation on the Wall pass or fail on it's own merits.
.>>>>
Democrats can end the shutdown now by funding the wall. isn't that true? why are you avoiding making that statement? what is it you don't like, trump? so 300 million suffer from lack of security at the border so that an eleven year old girl in Texas can be raped by an illegal that has been deported three times? dude, you sure have class. fund the fking wall and end the shutdown.

Last edited:
I worked 33 years in the federal government

Most of that time, we were anything but the envy of the private sector
Yeah, that’s why you never quit.

I had a great job and retired at 55
Suddenly it was a great job. Thanks for supporting the OP.

The private sector has been cutting its pay and benefits through threats of layoffs

The government has maintained the same pay structure and benefits
It is the private sector that is to blame

Someone tell Mitch McConnell TO RELEASE THE HOSTAGES

BECAUSE TRUMP DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT
release the hostages by adding in funding for the wall. why are you against a wall? you should go ask the parents of the eleven year old girl in texas that was raped by an illegal that was deported three times. go ahead, go tell them they don't need a wall. be a fking man and stand up for the illegal.

Democrats can end the shutdown now. Fund the wall.

The GOP can end the shutdown now. Stop holding federal employees and the American people hostage, open the government and let legislation on the Wall pass or fail on it's own merits.
.>>>>
Demmocrats can end the shutdown now by funding the wall. isn't that true? why are you avoiding making that statement? what is it you don't like, trump? so 300 million suffer from lack of security at the border so that an eleven year old girl in Texas can be raped by an illegal that has been deported three times? dude, you sure have class. fund the fking wall and end the shutdown.

Give me what I want or the Government Employees get it!!

See? It is your fault for not giving in to me!

Forum List

Back