Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Week of Jan 14th, 2019

Is the political game of chicken being played by BOTH parties worth the lives of a few diabetics?

• Yes, never give in on this wall issue

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, both parties should compromise and get the workers back to work

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Trump should declare a national emergency and resolve the issue

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Hilarious. Haven’t missed a check and they’re broke.

They have missed a check you moron.
Oh, they don’t have enough savings to live a couple of days.

Which bears out another falsehood of your OP; their jobs are not all that great to start with.
well then we don't need them. that's what you're saying.

Nope. Try again please.
why, in less than five days, they all stand to lose their jobs. hmmmmm

Which bears out another falsehood of your OP; their jobs are not all that great to start with.

Nope. Try again please.

:cuckoo:

Any government worker that does not show up for work during the shutdown should be ineligible to receive back pay once the shutdown is settled.

However, this will all fix itself soon. Soon the food stamps and welfare payments will run out and the Democrats will fold like a cheap suit.
So if they aren't willing to work for FREE...fire them?
all the dems have to do is put 5.7 billion in the bill. it is quite simple. I want it there. not the president, me the tax payer wants it in there. so you can fk yourself with any shameless post.

why not fund the wall and call it a day? you didn't care when billions went to other countries for support. why now? oh yeah TDS. keep it shutdown until the 5.7B makes it on a budget. we're cool with the government staying shutdown. are you? at some point someone will need to blink and it won't be trump.

BTW, the dems know what it will take to reopen the government and are doing nothing. and you don't care. it seems you don't care others are not getting paid.

Yeah and they don't care about the billions the illegals cost we tax payers every year either.

Tell that to small businesses in heavy military and civil service employee's. They are beginning to suffer.

Oh my I'm so sorry. They will all be paid back pay.

You ever get paid if you got furloughed??

Didn't think so.

Oh and Military will be paid.

The military IS being paid. They are not involved in the shutdown.
Not 42,000 members of the Coast Guard

The Coast Guard is an armed service. They are not even part of the Department of Defense which is why they are not getting paid. They cannot do their law enforcement function if they were.

I can't take someone who calls not wanting to deal with a woman who refuses to negotiate terrorism seriously.

You are a clown and dismissed.
Screw trump and his bs art of the deal and btw you shouldn't talk down to your betters

Not only did Trump not write the book, I am betting he has never read it.

Yeah Trump only graduated from an Ivy League school . He's obviously stupid.
Money buys you anything Like the doctor who saved his ass from the army One prof. said he was the dumbest student he ever had
how many do you believe he had? professors that is? come on now, cherry picker. me thinks you forgot your ladder.
Who knows ?? Anyone say how smart he was ??? Maybe they had a class in conning the public?? He'd get straight A's He sure has you conned

Yeah and they don't care about the billions the illegals cost we tax payers every year either.

Tell that to small businesses in heavy military and civil service employee's. They are beginning to suffer.

Didn't think so.

The Coast Guard is an armed service. They are not even part of the Department of Defense which is why they are not getting paid. They cannot do their law enforcement function if they were.

False

The National Guard absolutely is part of the Department of Defense and they are by law allowed to be used as law enforcement while under state control (and while under federal control during a national emergency)

Their salaries and benefits an envy of most Americans working in the private sector.

Can’t get fired for poor performance.

Retirement packages that are extinct in the private sector. Most Americans have to save to be able to retire, government workers do not.

Let the shutdown continue. They don’t like it, get a job in the private sector.
Things are much more productive here now that most of Obama's saboteurs are on furlough.

Nope. Try again please.

Any bets on if that happens?

anyone?

anyone have the balls?

Nope. Try again please.

https://www.fsa.usda.gov/Internet/FSA_File/art21.pdf

"Furlough: The placement of an employee in temporary non-duty and non-pay status for not more than 30 consecutive days or 22 nonconsecutive work days during the twelve (12) month period beginning the day after the effective date of the furlough. For furloughs of more than 30 consecutive days or more than 22 nonconsecutive work days see Article 20 (RIF) of this Agreement."

Didn't think so.

False

The National Guard absolutely is part of the Department of Defense and they are by law allowed to be used as law enforcement while under state control (and while under federal control during a national emergency)

Who said anything about the National Guard? You do know the difference in National Guard and Coast Guard, right?

Didn't think so.

False

Who said anything about the National Guard? You do know the difference in National Guard and Coast Guard, right?

you are giving him way too much credit

Screw trump and his bs art of the deal and btw you shouldn't talk down to your betters

Money buys you anything Like the doctor who saved his ass from the army One prof. said he was the dumbest student he ever had
how many do you believe he had? professors that is? come on now, cherry picker. me thinks you forgot your ladder.
Who knows ?? Anyone say how smart he was ??? Maybe they had a class in conning the public?? He'd get straight A's He sure has you conned
he's smarter than you. so all your bullying is noted on how you feel. you're just a stupid fk on an internet message board questioning others education. yeah that's ripe with something all right. And it does smell.

Nope. Try again please.

https://www.fsa.usda.gov/Internet/FSA_File/art21.pdf

"Furlough: The placement of an employee in temporary non-duty and non-pay status for not more than 30 consecutive days or 22 nonconsecutive work days during the twelve (12) month period beginning the day after the effective date of the furlough. For furloughs of more than 30 consecutive days or more than 22 nonconsecutive work days see Article 20 (RIF) of this Agreement."

According to the Trumpians on here, they are not in a "non-pay" status, they are in a pay deferred status.

Nice try though!

These people are owed their pay. That's the agreement the government made with them.
Republicans sure do like to avoid paying bills they run up.
Lay them off then.
Go ahead, and see how that works out.
they can be released after 22 working days or 30 days. and back pay for the work in between is what they get. you remain the confused fk in here.
What are you talking about?

These people aren't being paid, they deserve to be, and you and your fellow talk radio bunnies are all happy 'n stuff about it.

Good. Enjoy.

These people are owed their pay. That's the agreement the government made with them.
Lay them off then.
they can be released after 22 working days or 30 days. and back pay for the work in between is what they get. you remain the confused fk in here.

These people aren't being paid, they deserve to be, and you and your fellow talk radio bunnies are all happy 'n stuff about it.

Good. Enjoy.
they will be paid. what didn't you understand? it's called back pay and it's guaranteed to them. Trump said so. So they will be paid. did you wake up without your brain today? just wondering cause that is what i already said and you didn't understand.

Good. Enjoy.
They'll all be paid in full when this is ironed out....They'll be far better off than those who lost their asses in the '08 crash.

Lay them off then.

Good. Enjoy.
they will be paid. what didn't you understand? it's called back pay and it's guaranteed to them. Trump said so. So they will be paid. did you wake up without your brain today? just wondering cause that is what i already said and you didn't understand.

So, if they are getting paid then they are not in a Non-pay status and are not in danger of a RIF

Maybe their salaries are being lent to Putin to build a wall on the Ukraine border ?

he's smarter than you. so all your bullying is noted on how you feel. you're just a stupid fk on an internet message board questioning others education. yeah that's ripe with something all right. And it does smell.
I never borrowed 60 million from my Dad who wasn't a crook like Trumps father was

the dems passed 6 bills to open the government- Trump refused to even look at them

and they are the ones not responding ?

:abgg2q.jpg: riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Because none of them had border wall funding or highly inadequate border wall funding. THUS THE SENATE NEVER VOTED ON THEM. You must be pretty stupid because Trump never vetoed them, they never got to him. So don't blame Trump. Fucking moron.

Next.
The people elected Democratic Congressmen to represent them. A useless wall was not part of the package.

The votes for wall funding are not in the House or Senate

A presidential temper tantrum will not change it
So democrats are the only voice that counts? The votes are there if Pelosi and Chuckie want them.

Republicans controlled Congress for two years when Democratic votes did not count. They made no effort on border security

Actually, Schumer offered $25 billion in return for DACA last year
Trump refused

Because DACA is illegal and unconstitutional. I don't know if he still thinks that but he did last year. Well in 2017.
Not if Congress passes a law

Trump was offered $25 billion. But because of his hatred of Mexicans, he blew it

Forum List

Back