🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Official USMB What is a Wall? Why a Wall?

1. I've seen plenty of people in real life, that believe that shit. YOu are kidding yourself if you think it is not important.

2. I've read the transcripts of that speech. He was very even handed in his treatment of both sides of the issue, not even going out of his way to target Antifa. I do not see his actions in that incident of being "egotistical" or even trying to deflect from the ugly racial issue. He really handled that as well as could be expected, imo, and if his words had been honestly reported, it could have been a very good time for America.
I know what I can control and what I can’t control. I can control what I think and believe, I can’t control what others do. I dont see the point in wasting my life and time being bitter and complaining about the things I can’t control. Simple as that.

I watched the speech live, it was a WTF moment and once the backlash came the it was even more telling to see how he handled it. That’s where the ego kicked in. Trump can do no wrong in Trump world. He hits back. When he fucks up he doubles down. Don’t give an inch... it’s petty and transparent and I can’t find a thing to respect about people who act like that.

1. You are here talking about issues. The media told the nation that the President said white supremacist were good people. The division that fosters is a real issue. It is tearing this nation a part. Challenging the false and divisive narrative the media is pushing, is something you can control.

2. What about that speech was a WTF moment?

3. We've tried giving an inch with the libs in the past. THey come back and demand a mile. Choosing that way, is choosing to lose.
When he said good people on both sides it envoked a holy shit reaction. He should have known better. See I can call the media out on their dishonesty and I can call Dems out as well as the Republicans. I have yet to hear you admit or show understanding of Trumps faults. Or if you do you make excuses for them. You act like it was a great speech and it was all the media’s fault. You act like Obama’s a liar for breaking a campaign promise but it’s all good for Trump because he uses hyperbole all the time. Come on, get real

There are good people on both sides of the statue issue. That is true. Trump specified that he was not talking about the white supremacist when he said it.

If we allow the left to say that EVERYONE that opposes them on an issue, (like historical statues) is a bad person, then we who oppose them will always lose on everything.

When you want to give them the right to do that, to just define their enemies as bad people, you are advocating for us losing every fight from here on.

That is not right, it is not good for America.
Well I’m not a media puppet and I understand what the commotion was all about. You can make all the excuses that you want but if I were you I’d try to seek understanding instead

So explain it to me then, in a way that is NOT the media lying to the people.

I know what I can control and what I can’t control. I can control what I think and believe, I can’t control what others do. I dont see the point in wasting my life and time being bitter and complaining about the things I can’t control. Simple as that.

I watched the speech live, it was a WTF moment and once the backlash came the it was even more telling to see how he handled it. That’s where the ego kicked in. Trump can do no wrong in Trump world. He hits back. When he fucks up he doubles down. Don’t give an inch... it’s petty and transparent and I can’t find a thing to respect about people who act like that.

1. You are here talking about issues. The media told the nation that the President said white supremacist were good people. The division that fosters is a real issue. It is tearing this nation a part. Challenging the false and divisive narrative the media is pushing, is something you can control.

3. We've tried giving an inch with the libs in the past. THey come back and demand a mile. Choosing that way, is choosing to lose.
When he said good people on both sides it envoked a holy shit reaction. He should have known better. See I can call the media out on their dishonesty and I can call Dems out as well as the Republicans. I have yet to hear you admit or show understanding of Trumps faults. Or if you do you make excuses for them. You act like it was a great speech and it was all the media’s fault. You act like Obama’s a liar for breaking a campaign promise but it’s all good for Trump because he uses hyperbole all the time. Come on, get real

There are good people on both sides of the statue issue. That is true. Trump specified that he was not talking about the white supremacist when he said it.

If we allow the left to say that EVERYONE that opposes them on an issue, (like historical statues) is a bad person, then we who oppose them will always lose on everything.

When you want to give them the right to do that, to just define their enemies as bad people, you are advocating for us losing every fight from here on.

Well I’m not a media puppet and I understand what the commotion was all about. You can make all the excuses that you want but if I were you I’d try to seek understanding instead

I already did. You either don’t understand, don’t want to accept it or you just don’t agree. Either way it appears that we are at a stalemate. Can’t say I didn’t try

One of Trump's strong points is that he keeps his campaign promises. Agreed that winning in 2020 solves most of his potential legal issues too via the statute of limitations.
However, if Trump imposes a remittances fee on money transfers out of the US to fund the wall that builds the wall using Mexican and other foreign country funds. Its a way to keep his campaign promise regarding the wall:
The Remittance Fee in Oklahoma, Georgia, and in the U.S. Congress

You know WHY the "remittance fee" ruse will never happen?????

The MAIN opponent of such a tax is precisely the republican-led U.S. Chamber of Commerce......

.....but stick to the thread's topic rather than your usual diversion.

OK, I agree that Trump needs to stop illegal immigration as best he can, and a wall is a necessity. Why they didn't get the wall funded the 1st two years, along with immigration reform, is as you say, the Chamber of Commerce and big money donor objections.
But the thing that you should address, is why do the dems want open borders? Its not to help the middle class, or low skill workers, it actually depresses their wages. My opinion is to let in all the new democrat voters that they can as well as cater to their big money donors for low labor costs.

“Arrests of people trying to cross illegally into the U.S. from Mexico plunged to the lowest level since 1971, as fewer people attempted the trek, the Department of Homeland Security announced Tuesday.”

So why is this wall such an issue?

About this website

NPR.ORG

Arrests For Illegal Border Crossings Hit 46-Year Low
Under the Trump presidency, there has been a dramatic shift in arrests of undocumented immigrants from the Southwest border to the interior of the nation.

BECAUSE, there is a LYING sack of shit in the White House.

One of Trump's strong points is that he keeps his campaign promises. Agreed that winning in 2020 solves most of his potential legal issues too via the statute of limitations.
However, if Trump imposes a remittances fee on money transfers out of the US to fund the wall that builds the wall using Mexican and other foreign country funds. Its a way to keep his campaign promise regarding the wall:
The Remittance Fee in Oklahoma, Georgia, and in the U.S. Congress

You know WHY the "remittance fee" ruse will never happen?????

The MAIN opponent of such a tax is precisely the republican-led U.S. Chamber of Commerce......

.....but stick to the thread's topic rather than your usual diversion.

OK, I agree that Trump needs to stop illegal immigration as best he can, and a wall is a necessity. Why they didn't get the wall funded the 1st two years, along with immigration reform, is as you say, the Chamber of Commerce and big money donor objections.
But the thing that you should address, is why do the dems want open borders? Its not to help the middle class, or low skill workers, it actually depresses their wages. My opinion is to let in all the new democrat voters that they can as well as cater to their big money donors for low labor costs.

“Arrests of people trying to cross illegally into the U.S. from Mexico plunged to the lowest level since 1971, as fewer people attempted the trek, the Department of Homeland Security announced Tuesday.”

So why is this wall such an issue?

About this website

NPR.ORG

Arrests For Illegal Border Crossings Hit 46-Year Low
Under the Trump presidency, there has been a dramatic shift in arrests of undocumented immigrants from the Southwest border to the interior of the nation.

BECAUSE, there is a LYING sack of shit in the White House.

The sack of shit in the WH doesn't lie all the time. Sometimes he waddles.

there are 23 million Hispanics in America, and they all vote in swing states! Trump will regret this, my friends, in 2020

when they finally build 'The Great Wall of Trump' how many tunnels will be built under it during the first year?

10?
100?
1,000?
More?

when they finally build 'The Great Wall of Trump' how many tunnels will be built under it during the first year?

10?
100?
1,000?
More?

You know, that is a very good question. And, because we already know that the cartels are capable of building tunnels (and they can do it quick), we know that will be one of the ways they will use to circumvent the wall. Current radar technology can only go about 15 meters down, but they have found tunnels under the border as deep as 25 to 30 meters.

And.................the bad thing is, tunnels are currently very hard to locate and detect. Ground penetrating radar isn't quite good enough to reliably find all the tunnels. Building the wall would give a lot of people a false sense of security, especially if they saw few to zero people crossing the wall, but there was still a flood of them coming in under the wall.

Trump says the wall will work. I say there needs to be a hell of a lot more than just a wall, and to be honest, I think that an electronic "fence" with motion sensors and cameras would be more effective (and less expensive) than a solid wall. And, for the troops that get out of the military that know how to pilot drones? Give 'em a job with Border Security flying drone patrols.

I'm glad that you have not fallen for the media lie on that one.

But my example shows what I mean. There is nothing Trump, nor really any Republican can do, when the media will just make up shit like that.

Half the country believes that Trump called white supremacists "Good people".

That is on the liars that told/tell that lie, not on Trump.

Antifa was a big part of what happened at Charlottesville and Trump was right to point that out, or more to the point, TRY to point that out.

We can't have any real debate about race issue, or human rights, as long as the media is lying about what happens.

Most of the people that showed up to that rally, were misled by dishonest white supremacists.

White supremacist CAN'T get a rally in the hundreds. They are an irrelevant fringe.

That is important information. That is GOOD NEWS.

But the media has successfully lied to the American people about that, and a large percentage of the believe that America is a very racist place and that Trump was elected because of a racist backlash against Obama, and because of significant support from some large white supremacy voting bloc.

As long as that false narrative is told and believed this nation is doomed.
Why do you care so much about what the media says? I can only speak for myself and my interactions with the people I know but I’ve always taken everything I hear in the media with a grain of salt. Who do you know that really believes everything the media is saying? They are a business, they sell drama for profit. Political and partisan types will use things like Trumps Good People comment and politicize it but we all know what we heard, An egotistical douchebag trying to deflect from the ugly racial issue that led to the death of a young lady so that he could get a punch in at his political enemies. It was pathetic. Can you see that?

1. I've seen plenty of people in real life, that believe that shit. YOu are kidding yourself if you think it is not important.

2. I've read the transcripts of that speech. He was very even handed in his treatment of both sides of the issue, not even going out of his way to target Antifa. I do not see his actions in that incident of being "egotistical" or even trying to deflect from the ugly racial issue. He really handled that as well as could be expected, imo, and if his words had been honestly reported, it could have been a very good time for America.

Speech was spot on. Democrats supported a wall until Trump became President. Pelosi and Schumer looked like deer in the headlights reading a script and crying about how cruel a wall is. But that’s the Democrats psychosis. Everywhere they look there are “victims” and the “oppressed.” The villains are always white males.
Pelosi and Schumer aren’t crying they are power tripping because they got Trump by the balls. If you think Trumps speech was on point and millions of people are either delusional or partisan puppets then perhaps it’s you who are not seeing things clearly. Many Trump allies admitted that he blew that speech. Wake up and own it
Obama’s border security chief just came out in favor of the wall and said he supports Trump. I had Democrats coming up to me at work and were disappointed in Pelosi and Crying Chuck. Get another news source besides CNN that never ran the video of the current Border Patrol Director (Mexican American) who agreed with President Trump and said that about 18% of who they snag coming across are Arabs, Africans, Asians, and Middle Easterners. Terrorists? Better safe than sorry.

I'm glad that you have not fallen for the media lie on that one.

But my example shows what I mean. There is nothing Trump, nor really any Republican can do, when the media will just make up shit like that.

Half the country believes that Trump called white supremacists "Good people".

That is on the liars that told/tell that lie, not on Trump.

Antifa was a big part of what happened at Charlottesville and Trump was right to point that out, or more to the point, TRY to point that out.

We can't have any real debate about race issue, or human rights, as long as the media is lying about what happens.

Most of the people that showed up to that rally, were misled by dishonest white supremacists.

White supremacist CAN'T get a rally in the hundreds. They are an irrelevant fringe.

That is important information. That is GOOD NEWS.

But the media has successfully lied to the American people about that, and a large percentage of the believe that America is a very racist place and that Trump was elected because of a racist backlash against Obama, and because of significant support from some large white supremacy voting bloc.

As long as that false narrative is told and believed this nation is doomed.
Why do you care so much about what the media says? I can only speak for myself and my interactions with the people I know but I’ve always taken everything I hear in the media with a grain of salt. Who do you know that really believes everything the media is saying? They are a business, they sell drama for profit. Political and partisan types will use things like Trumps Good People comment and politicize it but we all know what we heard, An egotistical douchebag trying to deflect from the ugly racial issue that led to the death of a young lady so that he could get a punch in at his political enemies. It was pathetic. Can you see that?

Speech was spot on. Democrats supported a wall until Trump became President. Pelosi and Schumer looked like deer in the headlights reading a script and crying about how cruel a wall is. But that’s the Democrats psychosis. Everywhere they look there are “victims” and the “oppressed.” The villains are always white males.
Pelosi and Schumer aren’t crying they are power tripping because they got Trump by the balls. If you think Trumps speech was on point and millions of people are either delusional or partisan puppets then perhaps it’s you who are not seeing things clearly. Many Trump allies admitted that he blew that speech. Wake up and own it

Seems the man in charge of the border patrol in the obsma year agrees with trump on the wall

did that fat ass Orange Cheeseburger Bitch get his $5 billion to $10 billion check from the Mexican Julio yet?

I'm waiting for the goddamn cartoon version.

I already did. You either don’t understand, don’t want to accept it or you just don’t agree. Either way it appears that we are at a stalemate. Can’t say I didn’t try

You told me to seek understanding, and I am asking you to explain it to me.

I've looked over your recent posts, and I don't see an explanation about what exactly Trump did supposedly wrong in his speech.

You say that he could have used it as an Unifying moment, but you don't say how.

2mzbjac.jpg

I've looked over your recent posts, and I don't see an explanation about what exactly Trump did supposedly wrong in his speech.

You say that he could have used it as an Unifying moment, but you don't say how.
You were there, you saw what happened in Charolettesville and you saw how he responded. If you don’t get it then you don’t get it. I don’t think I can explain it to you. But I’ll try.

In my perspective, when we see a mob of Nazis and KKK members marching down the street with torches chanting antisemetic and racist nationalistic garbage and a young women gets run down and killed there needs to be a clear condemnation response from our nations leader. It’s not the time to play politics and water it down by talking about both sides or things his political opponents might have done that were bad as well.

On top of the prewritten speeches that are written for him you have to look at how he reacts in general and when he speaks off the cuff or tweets. Compare it to how he reacts and talks about other subjects. See how he drills in on his political enemies or on intitiatives that he wants to get accomplished. Then compare it to how he responded to charolettesville and how he talks about other controversial subjects. Again, it’s pretty clear to me about the type of guy he is and where he stands on any given subject. He is pretty transparent with his tactics in my eyes. Sounds like you don’t see what I see though. That’s fine, I don’t expect everybody to see everything the same way.

We have 700 miles of wall already built or repaired the past ten years in the heavy trafficking areas.... requested by border patrol...

No wall stops illegal crossings, but they slow people down enough to allow border patrol to apprehend them...

A wall works with added border patrol agents in heavy traffic crossings, but still allows some to make it through...

Nothing will make it 100%

You were there, you saw what happened in Charolettesville and you saw how he responded. If you don’t get it then you don’t get it. I don’t think I can explain it to you. But I’ll try.

In my perspective, when we see a mob of Nazis and KKK members marching down the street with torches chanting antisemetic and racist nationalistic garbage and a young women gets run down and killed there needs to be a clear condemnation response from our nations leader. It’s not the time to play politics and water it down by talking about both sides or things his political opponents might have done that were bad as well.

Thank you for a serious answer.

In my perspective, there are two competing narratives in this country.

In the one, the Nazis and KKK members are a serious political force that need to be met with clear condemnation of all people of Good Will and anyone that does not join in in this, is to be shunned, marginalized, and destroyed, if not physically attacked or imprisoned.

In the other, Nazis and KKK members are a long spent political force that mostly serve to be used to smear good people with, so that they can be falsely conflated with those fringe nut jobs and marginalized and destroyed.

It would have been morally wrong of the President to smear all the people that showed up in support of historical statues, as though they were all nazis, or to give a pass to those who showed up on the left to start violence.

The President was quite clear in his condemnation of the nazis involved. Repeatedly.

IF that message was not delivered by the press, that is on the press, for AT LEAST lying by omission.

On top of the prewritten speeches that are written for him you have to look at how he reacts in general and when he speaks off the cuff or tweets. Compare it to how he reacts and talks about other subjects. See how he drills in on his political enemies or on intitiatives that he wants to get accomplished. Then compare it to how he responded to charolettesville and how he talks about other controversial subjects. Again, it’s pretty clear to me about the type of guy he is and where he stands on any given subject. He is pretty transparent with his tactics in my eyes. Sounds like you don’t see what I see though. That’s fine, I don’t expect everybody to see everything the same way.

Disliking his style is different than attacking him on substance. His style is very different.

TO be fair to him, plenty of Republicans have been more restrained and reasonable. And it has not worked.

Thank you for a serious answer.

In my perspective, there are two competing narratives in this country.

In the one, the Nazis and KKK members are a serious political force that need to be met with clear condemnation of all people of Good Will and anyone that does not join in in this, is to be shunned, marginalized, and destroyed, if not physically attacked or imprisoned.

In the other, Nazis and KKK members are a long spent political force that mostly serve to be used to smear good people with, so that they can be falsely conflated with those fringe nut jobs and marginalized and destroyed.

It would have been morally wrong of the President to smear all the people that showed up in support of historical statues, as though they were all nazis, or to give a pass to those who showed up on the left to start violence.

The President was quite clear in his condemnation of the nazis involved. Repeatedly.

IF that message was not delivered by the press, that is on the press, for AT LEAST lying by omission.

Disliking his style is different than attacking him on substance. His style is very different.

TO be fair to him, plenty of Republicans have been more restrained and reasonable. And it has not worked.
I understand that there are many who like the unpolished in your face method that trump is using. I just think he crosses the line more often than not and if he could sprinkle in a little humility and character it would make a world of difference. We see him put on his “statesman hat” when he wants to. He acts totally different when interacting with North Korea, Russia, Saudi Arabia etc because he is trying to butter them up to better make deals. It just comes off as so insincere and phony when you compare that to how he acts the majority of the time. But with that said, I agree with you that it is style over substance. However I do think style matters.

The Charlottesville speech should have been focused on condemning violence and racism. Get into statues and Antifa at a later point. There are still racial issues going on in this country and we aren’t too far removed from the Jim Crow days and WW2 so when that shit creeps up like it did in Charolettsville, it needs to be shit down right away. Nazis and KKK are not large political groups but for some reason they have acted like like they are emboldened simce Trumps election. And Trump has done little to combat that besides reading some scripted speeches. You might think that he handled it perfectly and people like me are only objecting because we don’t like Trump or because we are being brainwashed by the media. I can assure you that for me neither of those is the case. I don’t think I’m the only one.

Forum List

Back