Offshore Wind Farms pose Oil Spill dangers

So you believe there will never be alternative energies that will replace oil? You think oil is the limit of human capability? Sounds like a false premise to me. :cool:

Oil is not used to produce Electricity? Do you have any idea what you are saying?

That is not what he said, you brainless bozo.

The fact is, twit, WE DO NOT NEED OIL TO PRODUCE ELECTRICITY!

A Plan to Power 100 Percent of the Planet with Renewables
Wind, water and solar technologies can provide 100 percent of the world's energy, eliminating all fossil fuels. Here's how

Scientific American
By Dr. Mark Z. Jacobson, Dr. Mark A. Delucchi - Stanford University
November 1, 2009
Your link does not give us the article, another blunder!

Further, read my post I state oil, the little bit of the article I can read says nothing about providing power without Oil!

So you believe there will never be alternative energies that will replace oil? You think oil is the limit of human capability? Sounds like a false premise to me. :cool:

Oil is not used to produce Electricity? Do you have any idea what you are saying?

That is not what he said, you brainless bozo.

The fact is, twit, WE DO NOT NEED OIL TO PRODUCE ELECTRICITY!

A Plan to Power 100 Percent of the Planet with Renewables
Wind, water and solar technologies can provide 100 percent of the world's energy, eliminating all fossil fuels. Here's how

Scientific American
By Dr. Mark Z. Jacobson, Dr. Mark A. Delucchi - Stanford University
November 1, 2009
Your link does not give us the article...

Fair enough. I didn't realize SciAm would still have it idiotically paywalled, long after the full article was spread all over the Internet.

Here's the whole thing, bozo. Not that you have the mental capacity to comprehend what they are saying anyway, but here ya go....

https://web.stanford.edu/group/efmh/jacobson/Articles/I/sad1109Jaco5p.indd.pdf

Further, read my post I state oil, the little bit of the article I can read says nothing about providing power without Oil!

Your usual incoherent meaningless gibberish, Ejakulatra.

Is oil a renewable? I guess... over a hundred million years or so.
You are small potatoes, crick, maybe I should call you baby potatoes, do you like that name, yes? or no?
Your dimwitted OP and thread have been thoroughly debunked.....and you are just too fucking retarded and brainwashed to realize that fact....LOLOLOLOL.....you poor benighted imbecile.....
How have you debunked this thread, the story is real, a ship collided with an offshore wind turbine and spilled oil and fuel into the ocean.

Ship hits turbine at 367-MW UK offshore wind farm - SeeNews Renewables

Aug 15, 2014 - A ship collided with the foundation of one of the 102 wind turbines at the 367-MW Walney offshore wind farm in Morecambe Bay, northwest England, local media reported.

There have been no injuries.

The standby safety vessel, called OMS Pollux, left a trail of marine gas oil while moving to the north of the port of Liverpool, away from environmentally sensitive areas. The fuel is expected to evaporate or disperse naturally.

As expected, the ill placed and rapid pace of building Wind Turbines increase the risk of Oil Spills as well as injury when Ships collide with these obstacles in the Ocean.

It is amazing at the risk created by those who are short-sighted.

View attachment 63871

Why are ships anywhere near these places? Surely oil rigs are a danger too, as they're in the water too and ships are in the water too.

Also, children are a risk of killing people, it happens, so we shouldn't have children.

Great fucking logic Einstein.

As expected, the ill placed and rapid pace of building Wind Turbines increase the risk of Oil Spills as well as injury when Ships collide with these obstacles in the Ocean.

It is amazing at the risk created by those who are short-sighted.

View attachment 63871

Why are ships anywhere near these places? Surely oil rigs are a danger too, as they're in the water too and ships are in the water too.

Also, children are a risk of killing people, it happens, so we shouldn't have children.

Great fucking logic Einstein.
This ship was there to transport a maintenance crew to the Wind Turbine, it seems the offshore wind turbines are prone to multiple maintenance and repair issues not experienced onshore.

Offshore wind farms pose oil spill dangers

But offshore drill rigs, production platforms and thousands of oil tankers plying the oceans do not.

Right?

Offshore wind farms pose oil spill dangers

But offshore drill rigs, production platforms and thousands of oil tankers plying the oceans do not.

Right?
You need oil rigs to supply the lubricants for wind turbines, you need the chemicals derived from oil to make fiberglass. Wind turbines increase the demand for oil.

How much lubricating oil (which can be bio-sourced by the way) do you think a 1.8 MW turbine consumes in a year? 20 gallons? 100 gallons? How much fossil fuel does it take to produce 1.8 MW for one year?

How much coal, natural gas, or petroleum is used to generate a kilowatthour of electricity? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

0.07 gallons per kwh. 1.8 MW = 1800 kW. 1 year = 8,760 hours. 0.07 x 1,800 x 8,760 = 1,103,760 gallons.

When are you going to give this up?
Can all oil be bio? Already 40% if our corn goes to ethanol, which when there is famine in the world, it seems we are niw the problem.

So, you think it as simple as taking something like corn oil, you can mimic the chemical properties of any oil?

Hardly. Either way you will still burn hydrocarbons to make corn oil.

Wind Turbines are consumers of hydrocarbons, it is impossible to run them on your imagination.

The bio-source comment was an aside. The amount CONSUMED as lubricating oil is a microscopic drop in the bucket compared to what is saved. This mission of yours to try to convince us that windmills are a bad idea is showing us nothing except you wouldn't know a bad idea if it smacked you up the side of the head.

The bio-source comment was an aside. The amount CONSUMED as lubricating oil is a microscopic drop in the bucket compared to what is saved. This mission of yours to try to convince us that windmills are a bad idea is showing us nothing except you wouldn't know a bad idea if it smacked you up the side of the head.
Wind Turbines are a bad idea, they produce very little compared to what they consume, in manufacture and maintenance. Do you understand what it takes to produce a 1400 ton Wind Turbine, and how many are proposed? The manufacturing of Wind Turbines never stops. It is to be a 100% subsidized by government, a multi-trillion dollar industry.

Trillions of dollars of natural resources must be consumed, and is being consumed as we speak, to manufacture Wind Turbines forever.

And when the wind does not blow, we all lose power, the more installed, the more vulnerable we are.

Look at Venezuela, forced to close all industry, government, and commercial businesses because they are relying on Renewable Energy for more than 60% of their power.

I have now illustrated in multiple ways that they produce hundreds of thousands of times what they consume. You, on the other hand, have illustrated that you're too stupid to realize when you're wrong.

I have now illustrated in multiple ways that they produce hundreds of thousands of times what they consume. You, on the other hand, have illustrated that you're too stupid to realize when you're wrong.
You have stated that, yes, but that is not proof, Wind Turbines simply increase the use of HydroCarbons. It is Heavy Industry, polluting the Earth.

It is great for General Electric, they get to build a Wind Turbine, then they get to sell a jet engine that runs on natural gas to supply the power that the Wind Turbine can't. Every Wind Turbine built results in a Jet engine being built to supply the electricity.

A great reason General Electric gave so much money to Democrats. They get to build 1000's of Wind Turbines that sit idle, and they get to sell the solution to idle Wind Turbines, Natural Gas powered turbines.

You yourself noted that our energy needs are rising. That energy has to be generated in some fashion. Were you under the impression that building a power plant that runs on coal, petroleum or natural gas requires no heavy industry? That their construction produces no CO2 or toxins? Generators require magnets which, these days, requires rare earths, NO MATTER WHAT YOU SPIN THEM WITH.

You started with the premise that the CO2 produced during the manufacture of a wind turbine somehow negated the CO2 savings the wind turbine achieves during its lifetime, over any of the fossil fuel alternatives. I showed that, compared to a fossil fuel plant of the same capacity, and ignoring the CO2 produced during IT'S manufacture, that the wind mill broke even in a matter of hours.

What premise of mine do you believe you have shown false?

You yourself noted that our energy needs are rising. That energy has to be generated in some fashion. Were you under the impression that building a power plant that runs on coal, petroleum or natural gas requires no heavy industry? That their construction produces no CO2 or toxins? Generators require magnets which, these days, requires rare earths, NO MATTER WHAT YOU SPIN THEM WITH.
Yes, generators require magnets, so what sense does it make not to spin them as efficiently as possible, which literally saves energy while creating more.

Yes, we have millions of magnets, sitting idle, in Wind Mills, an extreme waste of energy.

You started with the premise that the CO2 produced during the manufacture of a wind turbine somehow negated the CO2 savings the wind turbine achieves during its lifetime, over any of the fossil fuel alternatives. I showed that, compared to a fossil fuel plant of the same capacity, and ignoring the CO2 produced during IT'S manufacture, that the wind mill broke even in a matter of hours.

What premise of mine do you believe you have shown false?
I did not start with the premise that you attribute to me, you should quote, otherwise you seem to lack the ability to understand, which given how you vehemently support the failed technology of "renewables", it is clear you do not understand much.

Forum List

Back