Offshore Wind Farms pose Oil Spill dangers

So you believe there will never be alternative energies that will replace oil? You think oil is the limit of human capability? Sounds like a false premise to me. :cool:

Oil is not used to produce Electricity? Do you have any idea what you are saying?

That is not what he said, you brainless bozo.

The fact is, twit, WE DO NOT NEED OIL TO PRODUCE ELECTRICITY!

A Plan to Power 100 Percent of the Planet with Renewables
Wind, water and solar technologies can provide 100 percent of the world's energy, eliminating all fossil fuels. Here's how

Scientific American
By Dr. Mark Z. Jacobson, Dr. Mark A. Delucchi - Stanford University
November 1, 2009
2009, wow, and that prediction shot to shit eh?

You started with the premise that the CO2 produced during the manufacture of a wind turbine somehow negated the CO2 savings the wind turbine achieves during its lifetime, over any of the fossil fuel alternatives. I showed that, compared to a fossil fuel plant of the same capacity, and ignoring the CO2 produced during IT'S manufacture, that the wind mill broke even in a matter of hours.

What premise of mine do you believe you have shown false?
crick, here is another thread you ran from
I did not start with the premise that you attribute to me, you should quote, otherwise you seem to lack the ability to understand, which given how you vehemently support the failed technology of "renewables", it is clear you do not understand much.

You started with the premise that the CO2 produced during the manufacture of a wind turbine somehow negated the CO2 savings the wind turbine achieves during its lifetime, over any of the fossil fuel alternatives. I showed that, compared to a fossil fuel plant of the same capacity, and ignoring the CO2 produced during IT'S manufacture, that the wind mill broke even in a matter of hours.

Let's try this again. What premise of mine do you believe you have shown to be false?

crick, here is another thread you ran from
I did not start with the premise that you attribute to me, you should quote, otherwise you seem to lack the ability to understand, which given how you vehemently support the failed technology of "renewables", it is clear you do not understand much.
Are you drunk? What reply of mine do you think was called for here? Note the lack of question marks. This is pure ad hominem. It has zero to do with this thread or any other. And given that I am replying to dozens of threads and posters while the bulk of you talk to only Dagosa or me, the charge that I have run away from any discussions on this board is blatant bullshit.

You are bit right, as far as what you did not address, I could go through this thread and point out all the things you have failed to prove, but they are the same issues you obfuscate today so I guess there is no need.

But here, I do present an issue, it is linked and quoted. You have responded so you do know that I do link and quote. You repeatedly claim that I never link and quote so I guess I failed to point out that this an example of me linking and quoting. Crick's response is not to admit that oil spills servicing wind turbines is a problem, that they do pollute.

Crick's response is to point out that other things pollute, as if that negates the fact that Crick's idea adds more pollution. Not less.

Offshore wind farms pose oil spill dangers

But offshore drill rigs, production platforms and thousands of oil tankers plying the oceans do not.

Right?
I have proved that oil spills have occurred servicing wind turbines. Indisputable.

I have shown that oil must be used to manufacture wind turbines. Indisputable.

Oil Spills, wind turbines use a significant amount of oil, and oil spill going forward, in the future, wind turbines bare some of the responsibility for, if not all. Indisputable.

It is that simple crick, trillions of dollars spent on wind and solar means there will be trillions of dollars of use of heavy industry which includes oil drilling, transport, and refining. Trillions of dollars of use is massive. The largest heavy industry project in history as far as I can tell.

That aint clean

I have proved that oil spills have occurred servicing wind turbines. Indisputable.
And how did the quantities spilled compare to the Amoco Cadiz spill (1,604,500 barrels (219,797 tons))? The Exxon Valdez spill (260,000 barrels (37,000 tons))? The Deepwater Horizon spill (4,900,000 barrels (671,240 tons))

According to What about Wind Farms? turbines contain 80 gallons of oil. The Deepwater Horizon spill released as much oil as ten times the total number of wind turbines on the planet. But you'd rather go with the supertankers. Got it.
I have shown that oil must be used to manufacture wind turbines. Indisputable.
Indisputable. As is the comparison between the amount burned to make a turbine and the amount burned to replace its lifetime energy output with fossil fuels
Oil Spills, wind turbines use a significant amount of oil
80 gallons per turbine
and oil spill going forward, in the future, wind turbines bare [sic] some of the responsibility for, if not all. Indisputable.
All? Go reread the information about major oil spills from tankers and oil rigs. You should be ashamed of yourself spouting such nonsense.
It is that simple crick, trillions of dollars spent on wind and solar means there will be trillions of dollars of use of heavy industry which includes oil drilling, transport, and refining. Trillions of dollars of use is massive. The largest heavy industry project in history as far as I can tell.

That aint clean
As far as you can tell. Got it.

And how did the quantities spilled compare to the Amoco Cadiz spill (1,604,500 barrels (219,797 tons))? The Exxon Valdez spill (260,000 barrels (37,000 tons))? The Deepwater Horizon spill (4,900,000 barrels (671,240 tons))
Wind turbines add to the oil spill contamination, wind turbine manufacturing increased the consumption of oil hence those oil spills you highlighted are partially attributed to wind turbines.

Wind turbines add to the oil spill contamination, wind turbine manufacturing increased the consumption of oil hence those oil spills you highlighted are partially attributed to wind turbines.
How much lube oil in a 15 MW natural gas plant?

How much lube oil in a 15 MW natural gas plant?
crick, do you try to be stupid? First off, what in the hell are you talking about?

The only natural gas plant, that small, is a Reciprocating internal combustion engine used to balance the intermittent non-electricity producing wind turbines.

So again, you are talking about wind turbines hence any oil a Reciprocating internal combustion engine uses must be attributed to Wind Turbines and the infrastructure to maintain the electricity output of wind turbines.

Another source of pollution and use of natural resources the wind turbine industry uses, yet refuses to be held accountable for.

crick, do you try to be stupid? First off, what in the hell are you talking about?
You've been claiming that there is a tremendous spill risk from the lube oil in wind turbines. I ask how much lube oil we would find in a similarly sized natural gas power plant. That oil could also spill.
The only natural gas plant, that small, is a Reciprocating internal combustion engine used to balance the intermittent non-electricity producing wind turbines.
And how much lube oil does it have?
So again, you are talking about wind turbines hence any oil a Reciprocating internal combustion engine uses must be attributed to Wind Turbines and the infrastructure to maintain the electricity output of wind turbines.
Sorry, but no. This whole idea that wind turbines are a big oil spill risk is about as stupid as stupid can get, but we are talking about YOU, so we have to expect... well... you know... STUPID/
Another source of pollution and use of natural resources the wind turbine industry uses, yet refuses to be held accountable for.
You are out of your fucking mind. The spill risk is millions of times greater for fossil fuel power plants than wind turbines based solely on the quantities involved. The amount of oil used for lubrication in wind turbines is absolutely microscopic in comparison. This whole line is absolutely idiotic.

You've been claiming that there is a tremendous spill risk from the lube oil in wind turbines. I ask how much lube oil we would find in a similarly sized natural gas power plant. That oil could also spill.
crick, there are no natural gas power plants that by design work at random times according to the weather. There are also no natural gas power plants that are that small unless they are built to run emergency power at a hospital, a building, or a small company.

Crick, we can no longer state, risk. It is now a fact that the ocean is being contaminated with oil from wind turbines, as is the farmland being contaminated.

It was one thing to accept the risk of economical long-life natural gas power plants that provide an enormous amount of power for over 50 years than to accept the risk of uneconomical short-life wind turbines that provide a little bit of electricity at times nobody can predict.

Crick, there is no comparison, wind turbines are in a class of power that should be called, garbage power.

You are out of your fucking mind. The spill risk is millions of times greater for fossil fuel power plants than wind turbines based solely on the quantities involved. The amount of oil used for lubrication in wind turbines is absolutely microscopic in comparison. This whole line is absolutely idiotic.
There is no risk that oil will leak into the environment from any natural gas powered plant. They are heavily regulated, un-subsidized, built for maximum profit. They will last decades longer, if not a century longer than Wind Turbines.

There is no risk that oil will leak into the environment from any natural gas powered plant.
Of course there is. You being completely delusional doesn't change basic reality.

You can't actually be as stupid as you sound. Is Russia or China paying you for your stupid act?

Of course there is. You being completely delusional doesn't change basic reality.

You can't actually be as stupid as you sound. Is Russia or China paying you for your stupid act?
usually maMOOT you offer a moot point, this time you really got me, damn, how are you so fucking clever. I guess it is that you are just so smart.

bed-wettingN2.png

There is no risk that oil will leak into the environment from any natural gas powered plant.
That is nonsense. Of course there is a risk. Check out the last ten times power plants were FLOODED.
They are heavily regulated, un-subsidized, built for maximum profit. They will last decades longer, if not a century longer than Wind Turbines.
Do you actually think wind turbines are NOT regulated? And natural gas, like all the rest of the fossil fuel industry most certainly IS subsidized. And building for maximum profit would mean spending as little as possible on anything that doesn't produce electricity.

Forum List

Back