Oh Dear, Founder Of WikiLeaks is wanted by Interpol

Oct 8, 2009
WikiLeaks: Interpol issues wanted notice for Julian Assange | Media | guardian.co.uk

The WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, is tonight facing growing legal problems around the world, with the US announcing that it was investigating whether he had violated its espionage laws.

Assange's details were also added to Interpol's worldwide wanted list. Dated 30 November, the entry reads: "sex crimes" and says the warrant has been issued by the international public prosecution office in Gothenburg, Sweden. "If you have any information contact your national or local police." It reads: "Wanted: Assange, Julian Paul," and gives his birthplace as Townsville, Australia.

Friends said earlier that Assange was in a buoyant mood, however, despite the palpable fury emanating from Washington over the decision by WikiLeaks to start publishing more than a quarter of a million mainly classified US cables. He was said to be at a secret location somewhere outside London, along with fellow hackers and WikiLeaks enthusiasts.

Interesting paras....

The US attorney general, Eric Holder, announced yesterday that the justice department and Pentagon are conducting "an active, ongoing criminal investigation" into the latest Assange-facilitated leak under Washington's Espionage Act.

It was not immediately clear whether Holder was referring to Bradley Manning, the dissident US private suspected of being the original source of the leak, or Assange. The inquiry by US federal authorities is made tricky by Assange's citizenship – he is Australian – and the antediluvian nature of the law's pre-internet-era 1917 statutes.

Espionage charges. YAY!

The guy should be arrested, tried for sedition, and if convicted, punished severely. Peter King's nonsense about "enemy noncombatant" is simply Peter King stupidity. Get Julian and turn him out in the prison yard. Shoot, sell seats so that interested folks can watch what is going to be leaking when they are done with Julian.

I'll believe it when I see it. Thus far the competence of the DOJ ends at arresting teenagers who were given fake bombs by the FBI.

I'll believe it when I see it. Thus far the competence of the DOJ ends at arresting teenagers who were given fake bombs by the FBI.

Can we focus on the actual topic and not some bullshit? The Feebs didn't go looking for some kid to set up... He started it. We were lucky. He was an idiot. He got caught. I hope the little bastard goes to prison for a very long time. Lesson learned.

Facts are your friend when forming opinions.

Maybe he has a "stickie Wiki" sort of like having a "sticky wicket" when playing cricket... After all, he is in England.

Can we focus on the actual topic and not some bullshit? The Feebs didn't go looking for some kid to set up... He started it. We were lucky. He was an idiot. He got caught. I hope the little bastard goes to prison for a very long time. Lesson learned.

well, we can focus, the troll boy... not so much.

and he says facts don't matter. ask him, he'll tell you.

and his ignorant butt just got negged

That is the topic, hothead. Fuckups and misdirection are institutional in the Obama DOJ.

Don't be seduced by the Crone.

Interpol is not even coming after him for the leaks.

Holy shit, he did not do anything worse than Bill Clinton.

FoxNews.com - Interpol Issues Arrest Warrant for WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange

Interpol has issued an arrest warrant for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange on sex charges.

The Australian is suspected of rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion in an investigation that stems from his encounters with two women during a visit to Sweden in August.

Assange has denied the allegations and insisted his sexual relations with the women were consensual.

:clap2:

Not shure what an Interpol wanted notice will accomplish but ...

:clap2:

Not a damn thing. The handoff to Interpol exposes the incompetence of the Obama DOJ.

It has nothing to do with Obama. It's an international warrant on the rape charge. Our DOJ has not issued a request.... YET. They are considering espionage charges... as predicted by intelligent posters like Jillian... and me.

Interpol is not even coming after him for the leaks.

Holy shit, he did not do anything worse than Bill Clinton.

FoxNews.com - Interpol Issues Arrest Warrant for WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange

Interpol has issued an arrest warrant for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange on sex charges.

The Australian is suspected of rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion in an investigation that stems from his encounters with two women during a visit to Sweden in August.

Assange has denied the allegations and insisted his sexual relations with the women were consensual.

Congrats on trusting Fox News.... which is exactly what I posted in the OP from a slightly less right wing source.

Idiot.

WikiLeaks: Interpol issues wanted notice for Julian Assange | Media | guardian.co.uk

The WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, is tonight facing growing legal problems around the world, with the US announcing that it was investigating whether he had violated its espionage laws.

Assange's details were also added to Interpol's worldwide wanted list. Dated 30 November, the entry reads: "sex crimes" and says the warrant has been issued by the international public prosecution office in Gothenburg, Sweden. "If you have any information contact your national or local police." It reads: "Wanted: Assange, Julian Paul," and gives his birthplace as Townsville, Australia.

Friends said earlier that Assange was in a buoyant mood, however, despite the palpable fury emanating from Washington over the decision by WikiLeaks to start publishing more than a quarter of a million mainly classified US cables. He was said to be at a secret location somewhere outside London, along with fellow hackers and WikiLeaks enthusiasts.

Interesting paras....

The US attorney general, Eric Holder, announced yesterday that the justice department and Pentagon are conducting "an active, ongoing criminal investigation" into the latest Assange-facilitated leak under Washington's Espionage Act.

It was not immediately clear whether Holder was referring to Bradley Manning, the dissident US private suspected of being the original source of the leak, or Assange. The inquiry by US federal authorities is made tricky by Assange's citizenship – he is Australian – and the antediluvian nature of the law's pre-internet-era 1917 statutes.

Espionage charges. YAY!

I am left wondering why now? why not after the first dump? whats changed?

I know some people believe that they have right to publish all available information about their government or anything else. But when that information endangers lives, damages the credibility of our country in the eyes of the world, and threats our security, there has to be limits.

I think we would be a lot better off if all news sources adopted the motto of the New York Times, "All the News That's Fit to Print".

Forum List

Back