Oh Look! Hillary Did The Same Thing

Dear Donald, you refused to show us your taxes for the past 10 years, but your opponent has nothing to HIDE and gave us hers, her VP pick did the same and even your own VP was open and gave 10 years of his....

What are you hiding Mr Trump?

Let the Sun Shine, Mr Trump. Let the Sun Shine, in......

WHERE
ARE
THE
TAX
RETURNS?

Regardless of the silly and transparent partisan politics being played, two facts remain:

1. People up and down the income spectrum will all leverage tax law to minimize their tax exposure. From Donald Trump to Jeff Bezos to you and your next door neighbor.

2. Ultra high net worth (UHNW) individuals can lose billions in a year because they have billions to lose, and it simply is a matter of percentage. They tend to take significant risks, which is pretty much how they become UHNW in the first place. People who aren't paralyzed by their political partisanship know this. Or maybe they don't.

Trump has plenty of other flaws to discuss.

Last edited:
NO mention of tax code reforms from Trump.... just the stupid marginal rates which mean nothing without the unseen tax code loopholes and other things....that's for Hillary too....She has some tax code reform in her plans but not enough.

Instead of congress spending tens of millions on 8 Bengalzi investigations and 3 email investigations and counting, WHY NOT spend the money and time on tax code reforms?

Regardless of the silly and transparent partisan politics being played, two facts remain:

1. People up and down the income spectrum will all leverage tax law to minimize their tax exposure. From Donald Trump to Jeff Bezos to you and your next door neighbor.

2. Ultra high net worth (UHNW) individuals can lose billions in a year because they have billions to lose, and it simply is a matter of percentage. They take significant risks, which is pretty much how they become UHNW in the first place. People who aren't paralyzed by their political partisanship know this. Or maybe they don't.

I do understand all of that, but both candidates are once again focused on marginal rates in tax reform, when marginal rates without tax code means nothing...it's tax code that needs review and simplifying.

NO mention of tax code reforms from Trump.... just the stupid marginal rates which mean nothing without the unseen tax code loopholes and other things....that's for Hillary too....She has some tax code reform in her plans but not enough.

Instead of congress spending tens of millions on 8 Bengalzi investigations and 3 email investigations and counting, WHY NOT spend the money and time on tax code reforms?
One ridiculously easy fix would be to establish Minimum Effective Tax Rates. So for each margin, you can bring your Effective Tax Rate down through credits and deductions only so far - for example, in the 39.6% bracket, we could have a METR of 20.0% or 25.0%, something like that.

If we can't get them to actually work on this, such a rule would at least cover up for the mess.

Last edited:

2. Ultra high net worth (UHNW) individuals can lose billions in a year because they have billions to lose, and it simply is a matter of percentage. They take significant risks, which is pretty much how they become UHNW in the first place. People who aren't paralyzed by their political partisanship know this. Or maybe they don't.

I do understand all of that, but both candidates are once again focused on marginal rates in tax reform, when marginal rates without tax code means nothing...it's tax code that needs review and simplifying.

One ridiculously easy fix would be to establish Minimum Effective Tax Rates. So for each margin, you can bring your Effective Tax Rate down through credits and deductions only so far - for example, in the 39.6% bracket, we could have a METR of 20.0% or 25.0%, something like that.

If we can't get them to actually work on this, such a rule would at least cover up for the mess.
I think that's a really great idea Mac! I never thought of that and it could be a temporary solution or maybe even longer term?

I think that's a really great idea Mac! I never thought of that and it could be a temporary solution or maybe even longer term?
Thanks, I'm just FULL of 'em.

:laugh:

Personally, I would want it to be permanent. I like the idea of deductions and credits as a tool and motivation for certain types of investments and positive economic activity. No doubt the system could use some cleaning up, granted, but I wouldn't want to fool with it too much in that area.

Republicans desperately hoping she is as dirty as him. And one by one, their conspiracies and so called scandals fall apart. 30 years of attacking the Clinton's. And what do they have to show for it?

They want to elect a con man to be president. Why? Because Trump is the best liar in the GOP. The one thing the GOP does better than everyone else.

It said she used the same "scheme". Not that she did the same thing. Learn to read moron. Hillary supporters being clueless as usual.

Oh and by the way, so does EVERY OTHER CORPORATION. It's not some elaborate scheme but BASIC ACCOUNTING.

So she never lost $1,000,000,000.00 in one year (or $2.7 million per day; every day).
And your messiah has.

Why are you voting for him again?
But she was dead broke after leaving the white house. She lived for free and they made a great salary and still couldn't make it.

It said she used the same "scheme". Not that she did the same thing. Learn to read moron. Hillary supporters being clueless as usual.

Oh and by the way, so does EVERY OTHER CORPORATION. It's not some elaborate scheme but BASIC ACCOUNTING.

So she never lost $1,000,000,000.00 in one year (or $2.7 million per day; every day).
And your messiah has.

She has also never gained a billion dollars either. Business is uncertain, but thanks for proving that you don’t have a clue how it works.

I don’t have a clue? I didn’t lose $1,000,000,000.00 like your messiah did.

One would think after 100 or so days of losing $2.7 million each…or $270 million dollars, you’d change business tactics or something.. But your messiah didn’t. Why are you voting for him again?

Clinton has barely worked a honest day in her life. Instead profiteering on shady wall street deals...

Gee, another lie… One would think you’d be better at it since you do it so often.

For the record…

Ms. Clinton has represented the people of NY as Senator, America as Secretary of State, is the author of best selling books, and is routinely on the list of most admired women in the nation/world. Trump? Lost a billion dollars and you’re saying he’s a financial genius.
Author of best selling books?

Less than 3000 sold of her best seller " stronger together."

This was not her only flop.

I'm curious about our Representatives getting rich on Government salaries.

Just an inquiry. I'm still not voting for Trump.

She (alone) got $14,000,000 in advance for the book prior to the one you referenced. Some “flop”.

Not voting for Trump? Neither are about 300,000,000 Americans.
Yeap, and the book company regrets losing all that money too.

And your messiah has.

But she was dead broke after leaving the white house. She lived for free and they made a great salary and still couldn't make it.

You are pretty ignorant of how the White House Works.

And your messiah has.

She has also never gained a billion dollars either. Business is uncertain, but thanks for proving that you don’t have a clue how it works.

One would think after 100 or so days of losing $2.7 million each…or $270 million dollars, you’d change business tactics or something.. But your messiah didn’t. Why are you voting for him again?

Clinton has barely worked a honest day in her life. Instead profiteering on shady wall street deals...

Gee, another lie… One would think you’d be better at it since you do it so often.

For the record…

Ms. Clinton has represented the people of NY as Senator, America as Secretary of State, is the author of best selling books, and is routinely on the list of most admired women in the nation/world. Trump? Lost a billion dollars and you’re saying he’s a financial genius.

She (alone) got $14,000,000 in advance for the book prior to the one you referenced. Some “flop”.

Yeap, and the book company regrets losing all that money too.

Too damn funny:

Simon and Schuster also did her other best seller, “Living History” which gained the Clintons a handsome $10 million according to one source.

And your messiah has.

For the record…

I see you have no clue how things work in the publishing industry. An advance payment is an advance on projected sales. If the book doesn't sell, the advance is returned.

$14,000,000 advance? Link.

And your messiah has.

Pretty sorry to be dead broke after being president.

You're a bit behind. The focus isn't on Trump taking the writeoff. It's about Trump losing the billion dollars in the business he claims he's the smartest guy on earth in.
The Clintons left the white house dead broke. You think they are the smartest on earth.

She lost a billion dollars in a year? No. Try again.

And your messiah has.

Pretty sorry to be dead broke after being president.
Bill was only paid $200k a year, Starting with Bush 2 the president's salary went to $400k a year....Hillary couldn't work and make money, the food and incidental prices they are charged for all of their groceries at the whitehouse by the govt is outrageous....the private school for Chelsea..., legal fees if he had any....clothes to fit the job for all 3, not much left after that...

After Bill left it didn't take long for him to make up their losses with his speeches, and Hillary was getting paid to work again....

You're a bit behind. The focus isn't on Trump taking the writeoff. It's about Trump losing the billion dollars in the business he claims he's the smartest guy on earth in.

You are a behind. The focus is undeniably on Trump's "not paying taxes". What's a billion here or there?

Forum List

Back