ok is trying to alienate teachers?

No you explained how you think you knew.

You never saw any classes being taught so all you really had was someone else's account.

There are no teachers, teaching entire class obscene things without the parents finding out. You just don't like that some kids get taught things you do not like.

You want kids insulated. That results in kids going out on their own wondering "why was I not taught and exposed to all of these things I do not understand".

So do it. Using it right now in fact.

But I am trained in keeping it safe and know it is my job if I don't and my employer has spent more money than I know making sure we have the most secure systems.

Most parents do not have this training and have no real reason to try hard to keep it secure and schools do not have the extra money laying around to do what your and my employer has done

The point is that it can be done in a secure way, for those of you against it to use farcical examples as a reason not to, is just plain dishonesty.

All for a problem that does not even exist. The parents that care already know what is happening in the classroom and the parents that do not will not bother to come watch anyhow. You have a solution in search of a problem that does not exist
I never said a problem existed.

I said that parents have the right to know exactly what goes on in the classroom.

Why anyone has a problem with that is the real question.

Inappropriate prompts in Hudson High School writing book went unnoticed for five years

Female teacher played video about orgasms to class of boys dismissed

Up until Monday, a book called "642 Things to Write About was being used by students in Hudson High School's Senior College Credit Plus Writing class.

That's because on Friday, the district and parents became aware of some inappropriate writing prompts in the book.

"'Write a sex scene you wouldn't show your mom. Rewrite the sex scene from above into one that you'd let your mom read,'" parent Monica Haven read from the book.

Other prompts in the book include asking the writer to describe their favorite part of a man's body using only verbs, imagine they are a serial killer, and describe a time they wanted to orgasm.

They're everywhere...

So your argument is not a single parent bothered to check their kids curriculum. The argument is only parents would be able to watch in on a class. They will do this but they won't bother to even glance over their school books? (and the thing in question, here was simply in the book, it wasn't something being taught)

one advantage of living in a white zone.....our schools are still strong...the basic elementary schools are low student to teacher ratios..etc...high school sucks in this county
Why? They are the same kids as in the elementary schools. You realize "sucks" is a very nebulous term used by people of below-average intelligence, when they are devoid of facts.

The point is that it can be done in a secure way, for those of you against it to use farcical examples as a reason not to, is just plain dishonesty.

Yes, it can be with enough time and money, two things most schools do not have enough of.

All for a problem that only exist in your mind.

There are no teachers, teaching entire class obscene things without the parents finding out. You just don't like that some kids get taught things you do not like.

You want kids insulated. That results in kids going out on their own wondering "why was I not taught and exposed to all of these things I do not understand".
I never said there was.

I said parents have a right to know exactly what is going on in the classroom.

The only way to know that is to actually watch a class.

Why do you people have such a problem with this?

I never said a problem existed.

I said that parents have the right to know exactly what goes on in the classroom.

Why anyone has a problem with that is the real question.

And we have given your all the ways they have of knowing what goes on in their classroom.

The problem is not the classroom, it is the parents that do not take the time and effort to know what is happening in them

So your argument is not a single parent bothered to check their kids curriculum. The argument is only parents would be able to watch in on a class. They will do this but they won't bother to even glance over their school books? (and the thing in question, here was simply in the book, it wasn't something being taught)

They were lied to about it. To say that these types of things don't happen is utter bullshit.

I never said there was.

I said parents have a right to know exactly what is going on in the classroom.

The only way to know that is to actually watch a class.

Why do you people have such a problem with this?

It's been pointed out to you many times that if you question what your kid is being taught there are venues to address that already.

And we have given your all the ways they have of knowing what goes on in their classroom.

The problem is not the classroom, it is the parents that do not take the time and effort to know what is happening in them
No you have given all the ways parents are told what goes on or have to assume what goes on.

Like I said the fact that you have a problem with this is the real issue

Forum List

Back