ok is trying to alienate teachers?

OldFlame have you ever seen kinders and first graders...they have little to no modesty at that point ....do you not realize how quickly videos would be hacked and used? the mere thought that this would not appeal to peddies is showing your ignorance of the subject...the wolves are good at finding the sheep

You mean like your bank account is hacked on almost a daily basis? There's clearly no understanding of technological security for many on this discussion.

I see no reason why a parent cannot know exactly what goes on in a classroom.

That you think they should not be allowed to know is the real issue here

They already can. They can see the lesson plans ahead of time, they see the homework, they see the grades and they have the freedom to come anytime and sit in on a class.

They already can. They can see the lesson plans ahead of time, they see the homework, they see the grades and they have the freedom to come anytime and sit in on a class.
Not the same as actually seeing the class being taught. And parents have jobs so why shouldn;t they be able to see a video of the class being taught?

You mean like your bank account is hacked on almost a daily basis? There's clearly no understanding of technological security for many on this discussion.

Banks literally spend millions of dollars to keep their systems safe. Schools do not have that sort of extra money laying around. As it is now teachers are having to buy their own classroom supplies.

Banks literally spend millions of dollars to keep their systems safe. Schools do not have that sort of extra money laying around. As it is now teachers are having to buy their own classroom supplies.
I have already told you how this is easily made a nonissue

And there has never been a data breech at any of these sites whom have a ton more money to spend on security.

How many parents out there have their computer save their passwords for them so they do not have to type them each time?

OMG, the ignorance is astounding!!! Did you know that you can develop a web page that doesn't allow for a password to be saved for that particular site???? :omg: Shocking, I know!!!! In my line of work I deal with highly confidential PII on a daily basis on my laptop from home, imagine how I'm kept from having someone hack it, or how I'm kept from taking screen shots and sending them anywhere I want?? Imagine a financial institution taking that risk??? You really have no understanding of how something can be secured, so you really shouldn't comment on it at all.

Shocking, I know!!!! In my line of work I deal with highly confidential PII on a daily basis on my laptop from home, imagine how I'm kept from having someone hack it, or how I'm kept from taking screen shots and sending them anywhere I want??

So do it. Using it right now in fact.

But I am trained in keeping it safe and know it is my job if I don't and my employer has spent more money than I know making sure we have the most secure systems.

Most parents do not have this training and have no real reason to try hard to keep it secure and schools do not have the extra money laying around to do what your and my employer has done

OMG, the ignorance is astounding!!! Did you know that you can develop a web page that doesn't allow for a password to be saved for that particular site???? :omg: Shocking, I know!!!! In my line of work I deal with highly confidential PII on a daily basis on my laptop from home, imagine how I'm kept from having someone hack it, or how I'm kept from taking screen shots and sending them anywhere I want?? Imagine a financial institution taking that risk??? You really have no understanding of how something can be secured, so you really shouldn't comment on it at all.
This is so easily addressed that it's sad that people think it's an excuse for lack of transparency.

Require that parents come into the school shoe ID and sign an agreement then give them a one time single use access code that is only good for a specific time period. If they miss the window they have to do it all over again.

OR require they watch the video at the school or at the school administration offices.

This is for the parents and the parents only and I think any parent would comply with the absolute strictest security

That's not true, you need to get out more.

My youngest graduated from High school 2 years ago.

My SIL is a teacher, my mother and sister are retired teachers.

It is all for a problem that does not even exist

Teachers started being "strangled" by fuktard politicians back in the 80's, and it's gotten worse every year since. Teachers have no power over their classrooms anymore, they cannot use control, they cannot teach outside of the school districts curriculum, and the school administration has no power to govern their own schools.

Teachers are just highly paid babysitters, nothing more.

Don't understand why anybody would want to put themselves in the position of "teaching", it's a waste of time, effort, and money.
How old were you and what year was it when you learned to spell fuktard and why is their no C in your word? Your teachers certainly wasted their time but I don`t think that closing all the schools is the answer. WTF is wrong with you?

I never said it was.

All I said is that parents should be able to see exactly what goes on in a classroom.

They have an absolute right to know.

And those of us who have had kids in school have explained to you that we did know.

And those of us who have had kids in school have explained to you that we did know.
No you explained how you think you knew.

You never saw any classes being taught so all you really had was someone else's account.

This is so easily addressed that it's sad that people think it's an excuse for lack of transparency.

Require that parents come into the school shoe ID and sign an agreement then give them a one time single use access code that is only good for a specific time period. If they miss the window they have to do it all over again.

OR require they watch the video at the school or at the school administration offices.

This is for the parents and the parents only and I think any parent would comply with the absolute strictest security

All for a problem that does not even exist. The parents that care already know what is happening in the classroom and the parents that do not will not bother to come watch anyhow. You have a solution in search of a problem that does not exist

No you explained how you think you knew.

You never saw any classes being taught so all you really had was someone else's account.

You can go to the school and sit in on the class anytime you wish. You do not even have to give advanced notice.

Inappropriate prompts in Hudson High School writing book went unnoticed for five years

Female teacher played video about orgasms to class of boys dismissed

Up until Monday, a book called "642 Things to Write About was being used by students in Hudson High School's Senior College Credit Plus Writing class.

That's because on Friday, the district and parents became aware of some inappropriate writing prompts in the book.

"'Write a sex scene you wouldn't show your mom. Rewrite the sex scene from above into one that you'd let your mom read,'" parent Monica Haven read from the book.

Other prompts in the book include asking the writer to describe their favorite part of a man's body using only verbs, imagine they are a serial killer, and describe a time they wanted to orgasm.

They're everywhere...

Forum List

Back