ok is trying to alienate teachers?

How are they going to get permission from ALL parents for that? When my daughter was in school, they needed to get written permission from parents to even get pics of our children at events to put on the District website.

We have already attempted to explain all this to him. Apparently nothing will work. KEEP DIGGING Blues Man

Accommodations can be made for children of parents who opt out, it's not rocket science.

Good, brain trust. Explain that. Especially for the elementary children I teach, who move around the room. So do I. Would you make them sit in the same spot all day so they can be filmed? Great teaching. Right.

Installing cameras in the classroom is not the same as burning the system down

according to you most teachers do a good job

if so they have nothing to fear

*I* am not afraid of being recorded. I'm very concerned for students and the learning environment. Imagine that!

But hey, first lawsuit over the cameras, I'll send to you. For your great idea Mac

I work as a risk analyst for one of the largest financial institutions in the country, I know what's possible and what's not. What are you, a music teacher?

I am. 25 years. Voice major, play piano, guitar and ukulele. Put on hundreds of concerts for hundreds of audience members at every one. I have taught approx 150 children PER DAY for my entire career. That would be three districts in two states in 8 buildings. Thousands and thousands of children.

So. What of it?

1644011524067.png

*I* am not afraid of being recorded. I'm very concerned for students and the learning environment. Imagine that!
I love watching classes shared by great teachers and professors for free on YouTube. They provide an invaluable public service. Of course all the students shown have had to grant their permission first. Point is, all involved remain private citizens if they so choose. Whether students, teachers, or staff. None have in any sense become "public figures" simply by choosing to be engaged in public school affairs. As a teacher you may elect to allow parents to monitor some of your classes, but they should never have any "right" to just waltz in any time and watch what you're doing for a living simply because it's taking place in a "public" school, nor because they pay taxes like everyone else, including teachers of course.

For teachers who dont think parents have a right to say what their children are taught any harbor in a storm will do

Your comment makes no sense, any parent that wishes to watch what their child is being taught in not trying to control other people's children. How are they controlling or trying to own other people's children by watching exactly? You're using hypothetical logistics to oppose something when that's not really the reason you oppose it. If they can figure out a way to make it work, you would still oppose it. The logistics are just an excuse, and a lame one at that.
How about it is the law?

The proposed act, named the “Students’ Religious Belief Protection Act” mean parents can demand the removal of any book with perceived anti-religious content from school. Subjects like LGBTQ issues, evolution, the big bang theory and even birth control could be off the table.

Teachers could be sued a minimum of $10,000 “per incident, per individual” and the fines would be paid “from personal resources” not from school funds or from individuals or groups. If the teacher is unable to pay, they will be fired, under the legislation.

i simply cannot believe the absolute stupidity of trying to fine teachers...in the age of everyone is offended by something

Typical of them to make any law that will get them whatever they want. They know they can't do it directly, do they do this back door shit.

What were they "lied to" about? You can't even say!
Try reading the article and maybe you’ll find out. You’re so busy trying to call me out that you’re foolish enough to not have even read them, yet you think you know what you’re talking about. 🙄

Forum List

Back