Ok, You Can Shut UP About Social Security and Medicare

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
I get tired of RW'ers that try and accuse elderly people of being "on the government dole" and "welfare recipients" when all they are doing is collecting benefits that they've paid into all their lives.

Conservatives want to get rid of Social Security all together, we get that. Newt Gingrich made that clear when he said he wanted Medicare to "wither on the vine". Oh, they pretend to care and say they want to "save" it. But what they really want to do is destroy the only programs that keep MILLIONS of elderly out of poverty, so you really ain't fooling anyone.

But guess what? Social Security and Medicare are here to stay and to the conservatives that don't like that I say "Fuck you very much".

Solved: 10 Social Security Mysteries

Mystery #1: Will Social Security be there for me? Social Security can pay 100% of all promised benefits until 2033. After 2033 it can pay about 75% of promised benefits. There are numerous options to extend solvency indefinitely with a mix of tax increases and/or benefit cuts. If you're a pessimist, subtract 25% from your SSA benefit estimate.

Mystery #2: Is Social Security a good deal? Social Security is a complete package of worker benefits, including retirement, disability and life insurance. The average worker earning $43,000 with a non-working spouse would need to save over $700,000 to duplicate their retirement payments, plus buy additional disability and life insurance. The Social Security Administration's administrative overhead is a low 0.8%. Social Security payments are at least 15% tax-free.

Mystery #7: Can family members receive Social Security after I die? Yes. Payments to your survivors are possible whether you die before or after your own Social Security eligibility.

.Your widow(er) or surviving former spouse can be paid up to 100% of your payment if they are at least FRA, or a reduced amount as early as age 60.
. .Your widow(er) can be paid 75% at any age, if caring for your child under 16.
. .Your unmarried child can be paid 75% if they are under 18, under 19 and in high school, or any age if totally disabled since youth.
. .Your parent over 62 can be paid if they were dependent upon you.

Solved: 10 Social Security Mysteries - Yahoo! Finance

So the bottom line is.....It is an "entitlement program" because we are entitled to collect something we paid into all our lives. Nobody's interested in your fucking vouchers, privitatization or any other bullshit way you come up with to take away something I've earned the right to collect.

An entitlement program can be defined as a governmental mechanism where public funds are given to people because they meet some kind of requirement. One commonly known American example of an entitlement program would be the federal food stamp program, which allows people without sufficient funds to buy food. Another well-known entitlement program is Medicare, although only certain parts of that program actually qualify as entitlements.

There are some common misconceptions related to the definition of an entitlement program. Many people believe that any program where the government gives people money is an entitlement program, but this is not the case. For example, people actually give money to the Social Security program during their years of work, so they are actually paying to gain access to that program, and it doesn’t necessarily qualify as an entitlement. Medicare is similar, although there are actually parts of both programs that could technically be called entitlement program elements.

An example of Medicare and Social Security being used as entitlement programs would be when someone is disabled and they can’t work. People in this situation are given access to Social Security funds, along with government medical insurance. These people don’t actually have to pay into the program to get a benefit, and this is what separates them from normal Medicare and Social Security recipients.

What Is an Entitlement Program?

Very good Goose! Important for Americans to be on every type of Government assistance program there is, and create more.

Affordable Health Care Act is crowning Jewel of this effort!

This make them Dependent on Government and subject to the demands of it.

Money is not problem, Federal Reserve print more when needed!

Is this great country or what? :clap2:

RW'ers that try and accuse elderly people of being "on the government dole" and "welfare recipients

horse shit

lying is your forte apparently

Bullshit, my friend. See American Communist's comment above.

My problem with SS is the program not the people on it. It is a FORCED program that is not fully funded and the people forced into it often take out FAR MORE than they contribute.

I get tired of RW'ers that try and accuse elderly people of being "on the government dole" and "welfare recipients" when all they are doing is collecting benefits that they've paid into all their lives.

Conservatives want to get rid of Social Security all together, we get that. Newt Gingrich made that clear when he said he wanted Medicare to "wither on the vine". Oh, they pretend to care and say they want to "save" it. But what they really want to do is destroy the only programs that keep MILLIONS of elderly out of poverty, so you really ain't fooling anyone.

But guess what? Social Security and Medicare are here to stay and to the conservatives that don't like that I say "Fuck you very much".

Mystery #1: Will Social Security be there for me? Social Security can pay 100% of all promised benefits until 2033. After 2033 it can pay about 75% of promised benefits. There are numerous options to extend solvency indefinitely with a mix of tax increases and/or benefit cuts. If you're a pessimist, subtract 25% from your SSA benefit estimate.

Mystery #2: Is Social Security a good deal? Social Security is a complete package of worker benefits, including retirement, disability and life insurance. The average worker earning $43,000 with a non-working spouse would need to save over $700,000 to duplicate their retirement payments, plus buy additional disability and life insurance. The Social Security Administration's administrative overhead is a low 0.8%. Social Security payments are at least 15% tax-free.

Mystery #7: Can family members receive Social Security after I die? Yes. Payments to your survivors are possible whether you die before or after your own Social Security eligibility.

.Your widow(er) or surviving former spouse can be paid up to 100% of your payment if they are at least FRA, or a reduced amount as early as age 60.
. .Your widow(er) can be paid 75% at any age, if caring for your child under 16.
. .Your unmarried child can be paid 75% if they are under 18, under 19 and in high school, or any age if totally disabled since youth.

So the bottom line is.....It is an "entitlement program" because we are entitled to collect something we paid into all our lives. Nobody's interested in your fucking vouchers, privitatization or any other bullshit way you come up with to take away something I've earned the right to collect.

Newt did not say he wanted Medicare to wither on the vine.
He said that he wanted the bureaucracy to "wither on the vine" not Medicare itself.
Conservatives want to reform Social Security and Medicare without the Government running it.
Democrats Distort Newt Gingrich's Medicare Comments--Again - Peter Roff (usnews.com)

People who pay into Medicare, get much more back that what they paid into it.

Do you actually think that a program that pays out more than it brings in, is able to keep working?

People who make investments always get more out than they put in. It's called interest. If you put what you put into social security into a stock portfolio instead of the government's "savings" you would be a millionaire several times over after 40 or 50 years of working.

People who make investments always get more out than they put in. It's called interest. If you put what you put into social security into a stock portfolio instead of the government's "savings" you would be a millionaire several times over after 40 or 50 years of working.

Fail

The money being currently paid out is not profit. ITS MY TAX CONTRUBUTIONS.

SS is not an investment, is a scam and it is breaking the bank.

Newt did not say he wanted Medicare to wither on the vine.
He said that he wanted the bureaucracy to "wither on the vine" not Medicare itself.
Conservatives want to reform Social Security and Medicare without the Government running it.
Democrats Distort Newt Gingrich's Medicare Comments--Again - Peter Roff (usnews.com)

People who pay into Medicare, get much more back that what they paid into it.

Do you actually think that a program that pays out more than it brings in, is able to keep working?

Yes like putting it into the stock market that crashed in 2008!! The market will take care of it! Yea right!!:eek:

Fail

I think you need to re-read what she said.

Fail

you can't eliminate SS at this point.

that ship has sailed looong ago.

No one is saying that SS needs to be eliminated.
We are talking about how it should be reformed.

Fail

Well no.

Most of SSI goes into T-Bills..which over the long run have a pretty good return.

And no..it's not breaking the bank. And it won't for a very long time.

Some pretty minor adjustments (Which would exclude raising retirement age) would circumvent that. Like raising contributions.

Fail

Social security is an insurance company. It collects premiums from people in the form of the payroll tax, it invests that money in US securities, and it draws on that capital plus interest to pay out claims to those who qualify.

RW'ers that try and accuse elderly people of being "on the government dole" and "welfare recipients

horse shit

Have you ever heard of the term 'the welfare state'? Have you ever heard conservatives speak disparagingly of the welfare state?

Social Security and Medicare are components of the so-called 'welfare state'.

Fail

Social security is an insurance company. It collects premiums from people in the form of the payroll tax, it invests that money in US securities, and it draws on that capital plus interest to pay out claims to those who qualify.

You're delusional. There is NO money in the fund. NONE

It gets paid out and raided as fast as it comes in.

horse shit

Have you ever heard of the term 'the welfare state'? Have you ever heard conservatives speak disparagingly of the welfare state?

Social Security and Medicare are components of the so-called 'welfare state'.
That's bullshit! When you pay into something it is certainly not "welfare" to benefit. If that were true, than all insurance plans would be classified as such.

Welfare is receiving benefits without having contributed to warrant it, like your food stamps.

Forum List

Back