Okay, this is bullshit

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008

I'm not one of these police state nutters that whine every time cops do something wrong but this militarization in Missouri is beyond retarded. There's no reason this shit needs to be happening. There's no terrorist threat like there was in Boston. Just a bunch of pissed off citizens.

I'm not one of these police state nutters that whine every time cops do something wrong but this militarization in Missouri is beyond retarded. There's no reason this shit needs to be happening. There's no terrorist threat like there was in Boston. Just a bunch of pissed off citizens.

You stupid motherfucker!!! You fucking deserve this!!!

We've been warning you this is the end result of unfettered government power!!!

You Stupid FUCK!!!

that is what they first thought about the watts riots....how else do you expect to keep a crowd, which essentially has turned somewhat mob, under control?

You Stupid FUCK!!!
:rolleyes:

Bite me.

This is unfettered local power. Who allowed that? On the one hand, I don't really blame the cops for having such massive fire power with the amount of guns floating around out there. But to use it in this instance is insane.

Agreed. Perhaps the U.S. Government should take back all the military equipment it has provided to domestic police forces throughout the U.S....and send it to the Kurds.

That would be a good twofer.

Who are violently rioting, looting and putting at risk those who do not wish to engage in either. Don't they deserve protection?

Soooooo... Your answer is what? There have been three or more straight nights if rioting and destruction. What do you expect them to do?

Now personally, I would just cordon off the area and let them kill each other. But I don't expect the state of Missouri to do that.

You Stupid FUCK!!!

http://www.newsweek.com/how-americas-police-became-army-1033-program-264537

Faced with a bloated military and what it perceived as a worsening drug crisis, the 101st Congress in 1990 enacted the National Defense Authorization Act. Section 1208 of the NDAA allowed the Secretary of Defense to “transfer to Federal and State agencies personal property of the Department of Defense, including small arms and ammunition, that the Secretary determines is— (A) suitable for use by such agencies in counter-drug activities; and (B) excess to the needs of the Department of Defense.” It was called the 1208 Program. In 1996, Congress replaced Section 1208 with Section 1033.

Bring in the National Guard...it's trained and equipped for such extreme violence.

Municipal police forces should not be military adjuncts of the federal government.

You Stupid FUCK!!!

Bite me.

This is unfettered local power. Who allowed that? On the one hand, I don't really blame the cops for having such massive fire power with the amount of guns floating around out there. But to use it in this instance is insane.
Wow, you really can rationalize your position. We say unfettered govenmental power is bad and you worship it.....until this happens...then its just 'local'......does that mean in your eyes, it isn't even government?

BTW...

Your OP actually spot on...that IS:

Last edited by a moderator:
that is what they first thought about the watts riots....how else do you expect to keep a crowd, which essentially has turned somewhat mob, under control?
Somewhat mob....well, the cops are just making it worse. Looks like the governor of Missouri is going to kick them out of there. If that's constitutional.

I recall the MOVE confrontation in Philadelphia. Neighbors had for years complained bitterly to the cops about the activities of MOVE and when the shit hit the fan in 1978 (and things went tragically wrong) those same neighbors were the first to excoriate the cops. Damned if you do ... damned if you don't.

Bring in the National Guard...it's trained and equipped for such extreme violence.

Municipal police forces should not be military adjuncts of the federal government.

Bring in the national guard. Yes. This police force isn't an adjunct of the federal government, though.

Our Governor is a tool. He's basically giving the green light to allow those people a free-for-all.

You Stupid FUCK!!!

Bite me.

Wow, you really can rationalize your position. We say unfettered govenmental power is bad and you worship it.....until this happens...then its just 'local'......does that mean in your eyes, it isn't even government?

BTW...

Your OP actually spot on...that IS:

Let's see. Your probably one of those assholes that spends a lot of time talking about the IQ of black people, amirite? And wants to militarize the border, amirite?

You aren't fooling me.

I disagree. This is a local matter and fed troops there would be way over the top.

Bring in the national guard. Yes. This police force isn't an adjunct of the federal government, though.

They have guns too ya know . :eusa_whistle:
Yes but I do believe they are trained better and not so trigger happy. I could be wrong, but anytime I've been around NG brought in for emergencies they were professional.

Though, Kent State.

:doubt:

Forum List

Back