Okay...to settle this, the church shooter could not legally own any gun...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This is to settle the discussion on wether a dishonorable discharge is a felony, thereby banning gun ownership....

Dishonorable Discharge and NFA Firearms

The dishonorable discharge is based on a general court-martial conviction. This means the conviction is a felony, regardless of what the underlying offense may have been. The convicted felon is banned from possessing a firearm including Title II Firearms (a Silencer, SBR, SBS, AOW, or Machine Gun).

A person who is convicted of a crime that is punishable by imprisonment for more than one year ( including a dishonorable discharge) is prohibited from possessing a firearm. Under 18 U.S.C. 922(g), a felon who is found guilty of gun possession may serve up to 10 years in prison.

If you have been convicted of a felony or a dishonorable discharge, be careful of constructive possession. You could be guilty of being in possession of a firearm if your spouse or another family or household member has a firearm that you “could” access.

So...which gun law stopped this guy from getting his gun?

Fred: I'm thinking about robbing a bank. I need a gun.

Bob: You can't own a gun. You're a felon.

Fred: Damn! I guess I have to just find a job. I'm not allowed to have a gun.

In Devin Kelley's case...

... the point is moot...

... he's dead.

Somebodies knew he had guns that he should not have had and failed to call LEO.

This is to settle the discussion on wether a dishonorable discharge is a felony, thereby banning gun ownership....

The dishonorable discharge is based on a general court-martial conviction. This means the conviction is a felony, regardless of what the underlying offense may have been. The convicted felon is banned from possessing a firearm including Title II Firearms (a Silencer, SBR, SBS, AOW, or Machine Gun).

A person who is convicted of a crime that is punishable by imprisonment for more than one year ( including a dishonorable discharge) is prohibited from possessing a firearm. Under 18 U.S.C. 922(g), a felon who is found guilty of gun possession may serve up to 10 years in prison.

If you have been convicted of a felony or a dishonorable discharge, be careful of constructive possession. You could be guilty of being in possession of a firearm if your spouse or another family or household member has a firearm that you “could” access.

This is why laws are stupid. If people want to, they break them all the time.

Fred: I'm thinking about robbing a bank. I need a gun.

Bob: You can't own a gun. You're a felon.

Fred: Damn! I guess I have to just find a job. I'm not allowed to have a gun.
Fred: I'm going to murder you bob

Bob: But you can't, murder is illegal

Fred: Damn! I'll dedicate my life to Buddhism now

All that proves is that stupid gun laws are only for the law abiding. Criminals will do WTF they want.

When you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns.

Anybody who knew about his weapons and that he should not have had them has murder blood guilt on them.

He illegally owned a gun... and posted it on his Facebook to the world and people didn't notify law enforcement. All those people are complicity in the murders he committed for not doing something. We can't expect law enforcement to be EVERYWHERE and do EVERYTHING...

Last edited:
All that proves is that stupid gun laws are only for the law abiding. Criminals will do WTF they want.

When you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns.

Outlaws and the rich. Never forget the rich always seem to get their guns.

Anybody who knew about his weapons and that he should not have had them has murder blood guilt on them.

Until the second he killed the first person, the NRA still considered him to be a good guy with a gun.

You were just told he was in violation of the Gun laws. NRA CAN'T GET the Feds to enforce enough of the EXISTING gun laws. Keep your fictional political scripts to yourself.

Until the second he killed the first person, the NRA still considered him to be a good guy with a gun.
And the guy who ran down the bicyclists, was he a good guy with a truck until he became a bad guy with a truck?

Don't think the NRA has published their policy on trucks.

And the guy who ran down the bicyclists, was he a good guy with a truck until he became a bad guy with a truck?

Or butter knives.

I wonder how many of you still pray daily. I do. Join me tonight, those of you who do. Good night.

How about you liberals, have you published YOUR policy on trucks yet? If not, why?

You Goddamned ignorant fuck. One of the posters here told how he bought an AR from a private party in a Wal Mart parking lot, no questions asked, just handed over the cash, and took possesion of the gun, ammo, and magazines. It is cocksucks like you that are directly responsible for this reign of death from the crazies. You wanted more guns on the streets, and we got more guns on the streets, and weekly mass killings. Time for a special license to have one of these guns outside of your home, with it being a felony is you are caught without it, your guns confiscated and destroyed, and you can never own or have a gun on your person again. And enforce the law, no exceptions.

You were just told he was in violation of the Gun laws. NRA CAN'T GET the Feds to enforce enough of the EXISTING gun laws. Keep your fictional political scripts to yourself.

The NRA wants everybody to be armed. Doesn't matter if you are mentally incapacitated, or blind.

Forum List

Back