Oklahoma cons ban living wage

Con morons trying to defend the greed of the rich....until they start having their wages reduced. The GOP really loves moron voters.

Look as far as I concerned the term "cons" has and will always refer to "convicted criminals" or "Con Artist" ...

You seem to use it often and treat it as SOP when referring to anyone who will disagree with you.

What I see when you make that statement is : "I am an ignorant hick who either grew up as white thrash or as some crack smoking hood rat, either way I seem to believe that since it is common fair in my culture, that as soon as you turn 18 yrs of age you must go out and not only commit a felony but need to get caught and convicted."

Now you made your statement, we all know what you are saying, see I wrote it out for you. I copied and pasted this to a txt file, just in case you feel the need to holla con again, I will not have to keep typing this again and again!!

Hangover is a mouth breathing Democratic stooge with a room temperature IQ. Use that information as you see fit.

Aren't most of them?

New Oklahoma state law bans all cities and towns from raising the minimum wage. The republican war on workers continues. They won't quit until everyone gets paid $2.13 an hour.

Oklahoma bans local minimum wage increases - Apr. 15, 2014

Your title is erroneous as usual. All the law does is set one standard minimum wage state-wide. Since local power devolves from the state legislatures there is nothing wrong with what they are doing.

But hyperbole and lying are part and parcel for the left.

A state overriding a city's laws is no different than the federal government overriding a state's laws. The Republicans have demonstrated, once again, they only pay lip service to their principles when it suits them. Whatever happened to the belief that local levels know what is best for their people?

I find it interesting you say power is derived from the top down! WOW!!! Spoken like a true liberal.

The state will lose in court if they cannot prove the city violated the state constitution.

Last edited:
New Oklahoma state law bans all cities and towns from raising the minimum wage. The republican war on workers continues. They won't quit until everyone gets paid $2.13 an hour.

Gov Fallin: ""Mandating a minimum wage increase at the local level would drive businesses to other communities and states, and would raise prices for consumers,"
She is spot on....The problem created by local option labor laws is the locations where the wealthiest business owners happen to be will drain talented workers from those areas less well off. It creates a caste system within the State.
In places such as California and Washington state, businesses are relocating outside of places where the local government has mandated a min wage higher than other locations.
The other issue created is those businesses than cannot afford to be saddled with artificial wages simply go out of business. Either way these local mandates are detrimental to job creation and retention.

Your title is erroneous as usual. All the law does is set one standard minimum wage state-wide. Since local power devolves from the state legislatures there is nothing wrong with what they are doing.

A state overriding a city's laws is no different than the federal government overriding a state's laws. The Republicans have demonstrated, once again, they only pay lip service to their principles when it suits them. Whatever happened to the belief that local levels know what is best for their people?

I find it interesting you say power is derived from the top down! WOW!!! Spoken like a true liberal.

The state will lose in court if they cannot prove the city violated the state constitution.

Unless big government suits you. Then you are firmly opposed to local control or in the case of federal intervention, State's Rights.
So which dish are you serving today? Hyperbole? Or Hypocrisy?

Wrong. The US constitution is an agreement of shared power between states and the federal government, with added rights assigned to the people and restrictions on said governments. STATE constitutions and laws determine the method of local rule, and this local rule has always flowed from the state to the local governments. The state constitutions and laws mandate the rules for forming a local government, for example in NY counties first, then towns and cities, and finally villages and hamlets. You are a citizen of your state and of the United states, not of a city/county/town whatever. All local government is chartered through the state governments/legislatures, and those charters can be revoked.

Depends on the State's Constitution.

more dramatics from the peanut gallery of low information citizen out there

we should be very afraid, they VOTE

Con morons trying to defend the greed of the rich....until they start having their wages reduced. The GOP really loves moron voters.

Look as far as I concerned the term "cons" has and will always refer to "convicted criminals" or "Con Artist" ...

You seem to use it often and treat it as SOP when referring to anyone who will disagree with you.

What I see when you make that statement is : "I am an ignorant hick who either grew up as white thrash or as some crack smoking hood rat, either way I seem to believe that since it is common fair in my culture, that as soon as you turn 18 yrs of age you must go out and not only commit a felony but need to get caught and convicted."

Now you made your statement, we all know what you are saying, see I wrote it out for you. I copied and pasted this to a txt file, just in case you feel the need to holla con again, I will not have to keep typing this again and again!!

Hangover is a mouth breathing Democratic stooge with a room temperature IQ. Use that information as you see fit.

he claims he is a "liberal independent"......an independent who has absolutely no problems with the democrats.....yea thats an independent.....

With legislation to increase the federal minimum wage stalled in Congress, proponents of a raise have turned their attention to states and cities. Several have recently approved increases to $10.10 an hour. That is the level supported by congressional Democrats and President Obama, who has urged local governments to act.

The Oklahoma law blocks that sort of move.

So basically the country said NO to a minimum wage hike, but the left now wants to do an end run around the legislators??

Critics of the bill say it was a direct response to a petition in Oklahoma City seeking to put a wage increase on the November ballot.

David Slane, a local criminal attorney who drafted the proposal, said the signature-gathering began a month ago and was already more than halfway to the approximately 10,000 signatures required for a spot on the ballot.

Organizers are deciding how to move forward. Slane said. They're weighing a challenge to the law's constitutionality or a statewide petition, which would require significantly more signatures.

Fallin, a Republican, said the law "protects our economy from bad public policy that would destroy Oklahoma jobs."

"Mandating a minimum wage increase at the local level would drive businesses to other communities and states, and would raise prices for consumers," she said in a statement. She has also opposed a federal increase to the minimum wage.

So the real story here is there was an attempt to bypass lawmakers who already said "NO, it would be bad for the country", but look at the out right lie you told ....

No wonder your party is in such trouble, while you may be to ignorant to see the truth, most of us are not ...

Wrong. The US constitution is an agreement of shared power between states and the federal government, with added rights assigned to the people and restrictions on said governments. STATE constitutions and laws determine the method of local rule, and this local rule has always flowed from the state to the local governments. The state constitutions and laws mandate the rules for forming a local government, for example in NY counties first, then towns and cities, and finally villages and hamlets. You are a citizen of your state and of the United states, not of a city/county/town whatever. All local government is chartered through the state governments/legislatures, and those charters can be revoked.

You're just going to confuse him....

I live in Oklahoma, and I think this is serious business.

Someone's brought up once, but I think it's worth bringing up again, that this bill comes as a direct response to a citizens' petition in OKC to raise the minimum wage. Fallin, State Senator Newberry, and State Representative Grau made this bill happen to squelch those voices. Does that sound democratic to you?

To the conservatives on this thread, consider if the petition had been for new tax breaks for new businesses in OKC, and a democratic governor suddenly signed a bill stopping any city from implementing their own tax breaks. Wouldn't you feel differently then about this kind of policymaking?

Forum List

Back