Oklahoma cons ban living wage

I live in Oklahoma, and I think this is serious business.

Someone's brought up once, but I think it's worth bringing up again, that this bill comes as a direct response to a citizens' petition in OKC to raise the minimum wage. Fallin, State Senator Newberry, and State Representative Grau made this bill happen to squelch those voices. Does that sound democratic to you?

To the conservatives on this thread, consider if the petition had been for new tax breaks for new businesses in OKC, and a democratic governor suddenly signed a bill stopping any city from implementing their own tax breaks. Wouldn't you feel differently then about this kind of policymaking?

Look it is not, and that is totally irrelevant, do you have a contra argument based on facts and logic or just Grand Ole Bull Shit you are slinging??

Irrelevant? It's all that matters. High-level elected officials passing laws simply to block their own constituency's grassroots efforts is a subversion of democracy. And I would have thought that a person who (I'm assuming, I guess) holds an ideology that opposes big government would have wanted to at least address that side of the story.

There are people who hold all different types of views. The fact that our representatives do what they think is best rather than do every policy concieved of by a citizen is precisely why we have established a Republic.

Some citizens want to increase the minimum wage increased. Some don't. The fact that representatives support one and not the other doesnt subvert democracy. Especially when we live in a Republic.

New Oklahoma state law bans all cities and towns from raising the minimum wage. The republican war on workers continues. They won't quit until everyone gets paid $2.13 an hour.

Oklahoma bans local minimum wage increases - Apr. 15, 2014

If they wanted to lower minimum wage, they would have tried to. But they didn't now did they? Businesses deserve protection from these frequent raises in the minimum wage, too. You liberals won't stop until the minimum wage is so high, nary a business would be able to hire many workers at all.

The liberal war on jobs continues.

If they wanted to lower minimum wage, they would have tried to. But they didn't now did they? Businesses deserve protection from these frequent raises in the minimum wage, too. You liberals won't stop until the minimum wage is so high, nary a business would be able to hire many workers at all.

I agree no one's trying to lower the minimum wage, but businesses don't need protection from minimum wage increases at this time. Due to inflation, the value of the minimum wage is effectively a fraction of what it used to be. In 1968 the minimum wage was $1.60/hr, which would be $10.86 in 2014 dollars.

New Oklahoma state law bans all cities and towns from raising the minimum wage. The republican war on workers continues. They won't quit until everyone gets paid $2.13 an hour.

Your title is erroneous as usual. All the law does is set one standard minimum wage state-wide. Since local power devolves from the state legislatures there is nothing wrong with what they are doing.

But hyperbole and lying are part and parcel for the left.

Wonder why you won't read or hear our resident dimocrap scum complain about this?

(I know... because their masters haven't told them to)

Beyond Parody: Taxpayer-Funded University To Pay Paul Krugman $25,000 Per Month For Income Inequality Initiative…

paul-krugman-590x393.jpg

Wait, Kranky Kruggers is a flaming hypocrite? — Who knew?

Via Gawker:
Income Inequality Institute Will Pay Paul Krugman $25,000 Per Month

In late February, the City University of New York announced that it had tapped Princeton economist and New York Times blogger Paul Krugman for a distinguished professorship at CUNY’s Graduate Center and its Luxembourg Income Study Center, a research arm devoted to studying income patterns and their effect on inequality.

About that. According to a formal offer letter obtained under New York’s Freedom of Information Law, CUNY intends to pay Krugman $225,000, or $25,000 per month (over two semesters), to “play a modest role in our public events” and “contribute to the build-up” of a new “inequality initiative.” It is not clear, and neither CUNY nor Krugman was able to explain, what “contribute to the build-up” entails.

It’s certainly not teaching. “You will not be expected to teach or supervise students,” the letter informs Professor Krugman, who replies: “I admit that I had to read it several times to be clear … it’s remarkably generous.” (After his first year, Krugman will be required to host a single seminar.

CUNY, which is publicly funded, pays adjunct professors approximately $3,000 per course. The annual salaries of tenured (but undistinguished) professors, meanwhile, top out at $116,364, according to the most recent salary schedule negotiated by the university system’s faculty union. And those professors are expected to teach and publish. Even David Petraeus, whom CUNY initially offered $150,000, conducted a weekly 3-hour seminar.

dimocraps are such hypocritically dishonest scum, there are no terms derisive enough to describe them
That's $300,000. a year. If the Right thinks that's a huge salary, God bless them.

OK wants to keep it's people poor, except for the very rich.

Since when has the minimum wage been lowered. The OP is the typical liberal parrot.

You mean that the Republican war on poor people continues?

Con morons trying to defend the greed of the rich....until they start having their wages reduced. The GOP really loves moron voters.

Look as far as I concerned the term "cons" has and will always refer to "convicted criminals" or "Con Artist" ...

You seem to use it often and treat it as SOP when referring to anyone who will disagree with you.

What I see when you make that statement is : "I am an ignorant hick who either grew up as white thrash or as some crack smoking hood rat, either way I seem to believe that since it is common fair in my culture, that as soon as you turn 18 yrs of age you must go out and not only commit a felony but need to get caught and convicted, that everyone else fits into that little mold.
Now you made your statement, we all know what you are saying, see I wrote it out for you. I copied and pasted this to a txt file, just in case you feel the need to holla con again, I will not have to keep typing this again and again!!

CONservative ...CON artist, same difference. You assholes love trying to make "liberal" a dirty word, but can't take it when it comes back on you. Suck on it.

I live in Oklahoma, and I think this is serious business.

Someone's brought up once, but I think it's worth bringing up again, that this bill comes as a direct response to a citizens' petition in OKC to raise the minimum wage. Fallin, State Senator Newberry, and State Representative Grau made this bill happen to squelch those voices. Does that sound democratic to you?

To the conservatives on this thread, consider if the petition had been for new tax breaks for new businesses in OKC, and a democratic governor suddenly signed a bill stopping any city from implementing their own tax breaks. Wouldn't you feel differently then about this kind of policymaking?

Freedom to cons, is the freedom for corporations and the rich, to enslave workers and keep them poor. That's why there are so many welfare recipients in red states.

I hope my state is next to ban a living wage. More people here need to die.

And there you have it folks, the ideology of the cons....and they think they can win in November with this. BWAH HA HA HA HA!

This is nobody's business but oklahoma's.

Don't pay any attention to the cons in Oklahoma, that way the cons in your red state can fuck you too.

Last edited:
Again...this bill is being pushed by a handful of dems, at the aegis of the head dem.

And the state shot it down, as it their right and duty.

There was no democratic bill, in fact. There are no career democratic operators to begin with. This is something that was happening outside of the State Congress, and the Congress caught wind of it and attacked.

Anyway, I can see I'm not making any headway here. You can have the last word, if you want it. I just feel that elected officials should let the citizenry put together whatever petitions they want and let these things come to a vote if there's the interest, not shut them down if they don't like the idea.

How do all these Oklahomans contact you?? Do you have a special tin foil hat that lets you receive these visions??

Oklahomans aren't...visions? I live here. I talk to my neighbors whenever I want.

If I wore a tinfoil hat, I think less of them would talk to me, not more.

Get used to it. This board has some of the most ignorant and stubborn rw's you'll ever see. They believe what they want to believe and the facts be damned.

And, welcome to the board.

And there you have it folks, the ideology of the cons....and they think they can win in November with this. BWAH HA HA HA HA!

Don't pay any attention to the cons in Oklahoma, that way the cons in your red state can fuck you too.

Yep, the right tries to divide in order to conquer.

As more states join Connecticut and Maryland, desperate people will pick up and move. We saw that happen during the Reagan regime and other tough times, and we'll see it again.

It still astounds me that some rw's vote for the candidates who promise to make them poor and take away any hope of ever improving their lot.

As more states join Connecticut and Maryland, desperate people will pick up and move. We saw that happen during the Reagan regime and other tough times, and we'll see it again.

It still astounds me that some rw's vote for the candidates who promise to make them poor and take away any hope of ever improving their lot.

Only the rich, bigots and the ignorant vote republican.

And yet the far left Obama drones have not posted what a living wage is that covers food, shelter an clothing.

Hint: Things like cable, satellite, TV, XBOX, Iphones, Cadillac SUV's, computers, etc. are luxuries and not necessities for living.

Only the rich, bigots and the ignorant vote republican.

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back