Oklahoma state house approves life begins at conception curriculum

“An amendment added by Coody would prevent any funds from being used for abortion counseling or sex education in schools. House Democratic Leader Scott Inman of Oklahoma City suggested that the bill ignores the root causes of abortions in the state, including poverty and inadequate health care.”

Once again republicans are wrong and democrats are correct.

And once again we see conservatives seeking to increase the size and authority of government in an effort to compel conformity with their errant, wrongheaded, subjective beliefs through force of law.

It is not government's role to dictate to citizens of any age how to believe concerning personal, private issues; rather, students should be encouraged to decide for themselves in accordance with their own good conscience and belief, and to respect the beliefs of others with whom they might disagree.

Instead Oklahoma republicans wish to foster intolerance and arrogance; this measure is being pursued in bad faith – its purpose is to indoctrinate, not educate.

It's not the school's role to teach anything to kids about sex education. Once again, Democrats want the schools doing the job of the parents and have a problem with one side does something along those lines. Oklahoma Republicans expect parents to do their jobs not someone in the public realm. Good job.

"Rep. Ann Coody (R) – the author of the legislation – is a former public school teacher, counselor, and principal, reports the Associated Press. She said parents of high school students could opt their children out of the curriculum.

Coody said she believes sex education as it is now in schools amounts to “condoning sexuality before marriage.”

“The only sure way to prevent pregnancy is not to have intercourse,” she said.

An amendment added by Coody would prevent any funds from being used for abortion counseling or sex education in schools."

Terrific, what could possibly go wrong?
are you kidding? The minute kids are taught how their bodies work, they want to try it out.
All that is needed are raging hormones and a little knowledge...
WRONG! My mother, who was raised by a literally Victorian grandmother, had that opinion of sex education. I learned how the sperm gets to the egg and the fact that I even had a vagina from my eleven year old pals. I learned about all the exploration of sex (hands on learning) from boyfriends and whispers from giggling friends in the back of English class. The rumors and misinformation were rife, and the calm, logical discussion with me by an adult of where hormones lead adolescents never happened. I was pregnant at 18 by miscalculating the rhythm method.
You are so sadly wrong in that attitude. I had actually hoped it had died out by now. If you've got girls, please think again.

Oklahoma State House Approves ‘Life Begins at Conception’ Curriculum for Schools - Breitbart

Sure the pro baby killers and cultural marxists will HATE this. I think its wonderful.Its like science it can't be denied. Therefore no one should be excused from it.
This also makes the baby 9 months old when delivered, instead of 0....

And entitle that single unemployed mom to additional welfare benefits as soon as that pregnancy test comes up positive.

I am sure you said the same thing when pro homosexual garbage is/was introduced in school. Oh and kids need to learn about science as well in school which is exactly what this is. Biology/Science.

You mean like ghey jokes among fellow classmates, or those insulting ghey slurs that are spread among school kids?

“An amendment added by Coody would prevent any funds from being used for abortion counseling or sex education in schools. House Democratic Leader Scott Inman of Oklahoma City suggested that the bill ignores the root causes of abortions in the state, including poverty and inadequate health care.”

Once again republicans are wrong and democrats are correct.

And once again we see conservatives seeking to increase the size and authority of government in an effort to compel conformity with their errant, wrongheaded, subjective beliefs through force of law.

It is not government's role to dictate to citizens of any age how to believe concerning personal, private issues; rather, students should be encouraged to decide for themselves in accordance with their own good conscience and belief, and to respect the beliefs of others with whom they might disagree.

Instead Oklahoma republicans wish to foster intolerance and arrogance; this measure is being pursued in bad faith – its purpose is to indoctrinate, not educate.

It's not the school's role to teach anything to kids about sex education. Once again, Democrats want the schools doing the job of the parents and have a problem with one side does something along those lines. Oklahoma Republicans expect parents to do their jobs not someone in the public realm. Good job.
Kids talk about sex ed among themselves.You can never stop that..

"Rep. Ann Coody (R) – the author of the legislation – is a former public school teacher, counselor, and principal, reports the Associated Press. She said parents of high school students could opt their children out of the curriculum.

Coody said she believes sex education as it is now in schools amounts to “condoning sexuality before marriage.”

An amendment added by Coody would prevent any funds from being used for abortion counseling or sex education in schools."

are you kidding? The minute kids are taught how their bodies work, they want to try it out.
WRONG! My mother, who was raised by a literally Victorian grandmother, had that opinion of sex education. I learned how the sperm gets to the egg and the fact that I even had a vagina from my eleven year old pals. I learned about all the exploration of sex (hands on learning) from boyfriends and whispers from giggling friends in the back of English class. The rumors and misinformation were rife, and the calm, logical discussion with me by an adult of where hormones lead adolescents never happened. I was pregnant at 18 by miscalculating the rhythm method.
You are so sadly wrong in that attitude. I had actually hoped it had died out by now. If you've got girls, please think again.

You certainly must had led a very sheltered life. I'm 72 years old and every girl I have ever seen knew all about how a baby gets made. Most all of them took care of their own baby brothers and sisters and saw their own mothers and other women pregnant. They gossiped with older girls and oftentimes knew more about sex than did the boys of their age group. Many children have seen the births of kittens, and puppies. I have never lived in this unenlightened stone age you folks speak of.

Glad this is pissing the pro murdering baby supporters off...just an extra positive in doing things like this.

Yes conservatives, Republicans, and all the anti-abortion nuts should keep reminding America that when they're in power,
using the morning after pill will be the crime of murder punishable by death.

Actually it is pretty stupid of any female to have an unwanted pregnancy in this day and age. Condoms are cheap and available off the shelf at Walmart. I remember when most boys had a couple of condoms in their wallets at all times. Now you Johnny-come-latelies come along and act like sex has only recently come on the scene. LOL! You also wish to tell us that some female who has an abundance of movies on television with couples having sex all over the place is simply too stupid and totally unable to control her emotions long enough to run to Walmart and pick up a couple of condoms. Also, this same ignorant female who is stupid enough to get herself pregnant is all of a sudden intelligent enough to make the life or death decision over another human being who is the very result of her laziness and ignorance. Give me a break!! Any female who finds herself in an unwanted pregnancy in this day and age is a total idiot.

Glad this is pissing the pro murdering baby supporters off...just an extra positive in doing things like this.
No one is Pro-Abortion, Hitler Youth.

This is Pro-Stupidity, a perfect fit for the Oakies...

Any female who finds herself in an unwanted pregnancy in this day and age is a total idiot.
Look up who has abortions, it's not who you believe...

I know who has abortions. I was responding to the general slant of those responding here. The same thing applies to married women of childbearing age. It's a damn poor way of getting rid of a baby girl simply because you wanted a baby boy. Murder is murder. Riddle for me why a man who murders a pregnant woman is charged with double murder if a woman is not charged with murder for murdering her own unborn child.

Any female who finds herself in an unwanted pregnancy in this day and age is a total idiot.

I know who has abortions. I was responding to the general slant of those responding here. The same thing applies to married women of childbearing age. It's a damn poor way of getting rid of a baby girl simply because you wanted a baby boy. Murder is murder. Riddle for me why a man who murders a pregnant woman is charged with double murder if a woman is not charged with murder for murdering her own unborn child.
When you murder a pregnant woman there is only one murder. Anything else is the anti-abortion people playing games.

And if abortion is murder, women who abort would be sent to prison or put to death, and none of you will sign up for that which means you don't really believe it's a murder either. That's because, it isn't...

You certainly must had led a very sheltered life. I'm 72 years old and every girl I have ever seen knew all about how a baby gets made. Most all of them took care of their own baby brothers and sisters and saw their own mothers and other women pregnant. They gossiped with older girls and oftentimes knew more about sex than did the boys of their age group. Many children have seen the births of kittens, and puppies. I have never lived in this unenlightened stone age you folks speak of.
You weren't an only child raised by a Victorian mother. I speak 100% truth, believe it or not. But by all means, reassure yourself that kids learn all they need to know by gossiping amongst themselves.

When you murder a pregnant woman there is only one murder. Anything else is the anti-abortion people playing games.

And if abortion is murder, women who abort would be sent to prison or put to death, and none of you will sign up for that which means you don't really believe it's a murder either. That's because, it isn't...

No it isn't. That Peterson man in California who murdered his pregnant wife and was all over the news a couple of years ago was charged with and found guilty of double murder.

You weren't an only child raised by a Victorian mother. I speak 100% truth, believe it or not. But by all means, reassure yourself that kids learn all they need to know by gossiping amongst themselves.

No, I don't believe you were that stupid. I believe you are simply trying to transfer the blame for your own actions to your Mother.

No it isn't. That Peterson man in California who murdered his pregnant wife and was all over the news a couple of years ago was charged with and found guilty of double murder.
And, it's a bullshit charge. Pregnant women don't get to drive as two in the HOV lanes, or get charged twice when flying. Why, because they are one person until the baby is born.

If I eat a spicy taco the guy next to me doesn't kick me, like a fetus might, because we are two people, not one, we don't share everything right down to our stomachs and waste products.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back